• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Molly in "rock" form???

edmDave

Greenlighter
hello, long time lurker, lots of good info on here i appreciate everyones responses. been using responsibly for around 1 year.

recently my friend got ahold of some "molly" but he said it came as a big crystal like rock, i have been around mdma before and never heard of this (have not seen it yet).

anyone care to share, much appreciated.

When molly is made in mass, it often turns into large rocks. I get molly rocks frequently when buying molly. Its definitely not something unusual or something to worry about at all.

I always feel bad breaking them up though. I refruse to break up a 2g rock I have in my stash as its just too beautiful.

Sure, MDMA HCl can be precipitated into a crystal. Pretty common, actually. (EDIT: ...to reiterate thizzer, heh.)

Also, welcome to Bluelight. :)

When molly is made in mass, it often turns into large rocks. I get molly rocks frequently when buying molly. Its definitely not something unusual or something to worry about at all.

I always feel bad breaking them up though. I refruse to break up a 2g rock I have in my stash as its just too beautiful.

thanks the response, good to know. does this have anything to do with the purity? how do you go about breaking it apart?

always just seen the powder, but we do have a test kit

thanks again.

thanks the response, good to know. does this have anything to do with the purity? how do you go about breaking it apart?

always just seen the powder, but we do have a test kit

thanks again.

Just crush it into powder and test/ingest like you normally would. The nice thing about getting crystal is that you can be reasonably sure that no yokel's mixed random powder into it (it's possible, but they'd have to recrystallize it -- not a feat for anyone with basic chemistry knowledge), but again this is assuming that it's MDMA in the first place. Again, test, and enjoy. :)

Much better to get it in crystal form then powder. If it's not crystalline then chances are it's cut.

Much better to get it in crystal form then powder. If it's not crystalline then chances are it's cut.

This is a myth. The only way to know for sure that anything your getting is pure is to test it. Invest in a test kit and test your stuff. Powder can be anything just as much as pills -- there's no greater or lesser chance of it being cut. Don't take anything's form for granted. You should always test your stuff. =)

(said in voice as if to mock) "oh i just have this 2g beautiful rock... no big deal"

jeez im so jelous i cant even look at this thread anymore

This is a myth. The only way to know for sure that anything your getting is pure is to test it. Invest in a test kit and test your stuff. Powder can be anything just as much as pills -- there's no greater or lesser chance of it being cut. Don't take anything's form for granted. You should always test your stuff. =)

Nothing here is a myth. I was talking about chunks of crystal vs powder, definitely way less chance of crystal being cut then some benign looking white powder. What exactly here is a myth? Did you misunderstand me?

Test kits can't test purity anyway. Especially not with crystal or powder. The shittiest molly ever, even with 20% purity, will turn your marquis or mecke jet black in a second. I know this because my buddy once ate 3 points of this molly he got that tested jet black in 1 second under marquis and didn't even roll.

yep.
i had some brown stuff, that was broken off of one bigger chunk, all little hard pebble sized chunks.

Unfortunately, it's true that field testing kits can't determine purity or screen out adulterants. However, you can always send your sample in to ecstasydata.org for a $120 co-pay (sadly, the new $40 co-pay only applies to pills) and they'll tell you exactly what's in it.

Nothing here is a myth. I was talking about chunks of crystal vs powder, definitely way less chance of crystal being cut then some benign looking white powder. What exactly here is a myth? Did you misunderstand me?

"I was talking about chunks of crystal vs powder, definitely way less chance of crystal being cut then some benign looking white powder."

I misunderstood you. I thought you were saying that anything that isn't crystal is most certainly cut, which is not in any way accurate.

Test kits can't test purity anyway. Especially not with crystal or powder. The shittiest molly ever, even with 20% purity, will turn your marquis or mecke jet black in a second. I know this because my buddy once ate 3 points of this molly he got that tested jet black in 1 second under marquis and didn't even roll.

Test kits don't test purity of molly, no. You misunderstood me =) I meant that they test purity of the overall product, ie, what's IN the stuff you're buying. I've gotten white powder that has been meth and mdma before that was sold as molly =D

Unfortunately, it's true that field testing kits can't determine purity or screen out adulterants. However, you can always send your sample in to ecstasydata.org for a $120 co-pay (sadly, the new $40 co-pay only applies to pills) and they'll tell you exactly what's in it.

They will tell you about any active cut that is present. They don't tell you about inactive or inert cuts. With GC/MS testing you have to have an idea of what your looking for. It's not like they plop it under a microscope and the computer screen simply reads out every single ingredient.

"I was talking about chunks of crystal vs powder, definitely way less chance of crystal being cut then some benign looking white powder."

I misunderstood you. I thought you were saying that anything that isn't crystal is most certainly cut, which is not in any way accurate.

/// I thought this might of been the case. I don't disagree. XD

Test kits don't test purity of molly, no. You misunderstood me =) I meant that they test purity of the overall product, ie, what's IN the stuff you're buying. I've gotten white powder that has been meth and mdma before that was sold as molly =D

/// True, I've gotten meth+mdma powder sold as molly before as well. I didn't really misunderstand, I was making sure people knew that even though it tests straight black, it doesn't mean that your material isn't 90% baking soda.

They will tell you about any active cut that is present. They don't tell you about inactive or inert cuts. With GC/MS testing you have to have an idea of what your looking for. It's not like they plop it under a microscope and the computer screen simply reads out every single ingredient.

Right. They can't even tell you exact quantities due to DEA regulations regarding releasing that kind of information, even though a GC/MS assay does determine quantities...consequently, a pill that's listed MDMA:1 and nothing else may still just be 10mg of MDMA and 300mg of inactive binder. In any case, at least you'll know whether it's MDMA or, say, MDMA + meth, something a field testing kit can't tell you.

You make a good and often understated point about never being truly sure of the purity of your product. The reason I mentioned the GC/MS test was to illustrate the difference between lab testing for active known adulterants versus field testing simply for the presence of MDMA.

The best molly I ever had was a baggy full of small yellowish-off white crystals. I was on acid at the time with my best friend and we didn't know whether to ingest it because I thought it may be meth. Didn't know much about mdma back then; in fact it was the first time I rolled. Well the question ended with "Whatever it is, it'll make you feel awsome...". And it was molly. :)

yes, rock form is good , you're lucky.. when it's powder its usually that a low level street dealer has cut it

yes, rock form is good , you're lucky.. when it's powder its usually that a low level street dealer has cut it

nice! very excited! 4 of my good friends, one of them its his first time. going to see above and beyond then coming home and bumping our own trance mix we made :)!!! let you guys know, thanks for all the replies