• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Zopiclone with Alcohol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zopiclone and alcohol may very well lead to you spending an hour or two over a toilet. Other than that and the amnesia, no real problems.

Also there's a cross tolerance issue that needs taking into consideration with both the other Z drug-zolpidem & benzo's in general. Thats just my opinion tho, but I'd still advise extreme caution with zop & booze whatever else you might be taking.

Zopiclone is good with opiates in small amounts, but again thats just my experience.

Zopiclone is the best sleep aid I've tried so far. Good nights rest imo & apparently it doesn't have the same negative effect on sleep quality like other benzos do. Absolute drag about that mettalic tongue tast tho; i drank water last time i took zimovane & i shit u not it tasted like vinegar mixed with sand!

I Started to take Zopiclone (7.5mm Tablets obtained from the net as my Doctors & contacts refused to give me these pills and warned of what could happened if mixed with aclohol). I suffer from tinitus in my left ear which was causeing sleep deprevation (hence the pills). I do tend to drink a lot of alcohol during the day so this mix wasn't the greatest idea I've ever had.

I am 38 years old, male (85kg), pretty healthy and strong.

I strongly do NOT recommend taking these pills for any duration over a week and certainly not even considering alcohol for the next two weeks afterwoods.

I was taking one 7.5mm pill nightly and drinking average amounts of Wine, Cider and Beer during the daytime

After a month of this mix woke at 04:30 last week with extreme tremours and hot cold body temp fluctuations. forehead and face looked like hell, almost toxic and alergenic. I knoew something was very wrong. I hadn't taking any pillls for over five day but was still drinking daily.

08:00, I called my doctor who was not much help at all and told me to go to Emergency and make some sugared black tea in the meantime

I made a tea and started to walk to my front room, I WOKE UP AN HOUR LATER ON MY BACK AND STARING AT THE CEILINE, I had collapsed and covered in tea, my back hurt like hell and I had a golfball sized lump on my left arm (from I guess from hitting the TV stand). If it had been my head that hit that solid wood stand I would be DEAD (no if's or buts about it).

I was shortly in hospital Emergency with a fractured Back and on Oxygen. I then went into
complete arrest and had what they are calling a seizure FOR OVER HALF HOUR. It was close.

I have no previous seizure history and have never fainted or passed out EVER.

Zopiclone are fabulous tablets to assist sleep (apart from the metalic aftertaste) but DO NOT DRINK ANY ACLOHOL with them if you have been taking them for over a week.

I hope this helps somebody and stop anyone getting hurt.

If you want anymore advice about these tablets PM on [email protected]

Last edited:
I strongly do NOT recommend taking these pills for any duration over a week and certainly not even considering alcohol for the next two weeks afterwoods.

two weeks afterwards? - that's ridiculous. the issue here is acute interaction. if you were unlucky, you'd have an immediate blackout, but only for the duration of the drugs' effects. I've taken zopiclone at the conclusion of many a bender without any problems, but strictly at 10mg (i.e. one pill).

in fact, I'm considering some soon. I've been drinking heavily for 10 hours now, and intermittently for 48 hours prior to that (amphetamine binge) and I really need to sleep now. I take zopiclone regularly (around 1 out of every 3 nights) and appear to have some degree of tolerance (maybe that's my saving grace).

but fingers crossed - I've never taken the medicine after drinking this large an amount. hopefully I'll report back later to offer my experience... assuming I remember. either way, I expect things to be fine, especially considering my only obligation tomorrow is a heavy metal show at 8 PM :)

sloppyprone

DO NOT under any circumstances mix zopiclone. It is acute interaction so sobering up or leaving it a day before having zopiclone after getting pissed should be fine. Im normally quite reckless with taking things and making what might sound like stupid combos and clearly survived it. I normally wouldnt discourage for example stimulants mixed with sedatives but trust me the only two i will avoid like the plague is alcohol + GHB or alcohol + zopiclone.
I would place more emphasis on the second since with GHB you tend to pass out, zopiclone gives you a dangerous black out but for some reason one (well at least I) wont pass out - just blessed with complete amnesia.

The other day for example, got some zopiclone in the post. I had a couple of beers but didnt think anything of it. I spent 2 hours on skype after swallowing 3. I can remember the first 15 minutes but the rest never formed in my memory. This is scary for 2 reasons
1. the next day i found that 10 x 7.5mg had vanished PLUS 8 x 50 mg nytols. i therefore had no recollection of taking 15 pills!
2. there was blood on my floor and cuts on my fingers - i hadnt left my room thank god.
I some how managed to have a very sloppy and hilarious conversation with my mate but he couldnt quite believe that it was me he was talking to on skype. litterally forgetting what i was saying half way through sentence.

I would conclude therefore that zopiclone lets your body and brain function but completely cuts off your memory and rational or logical thought - if you dont fall asleep.
And whats worse? I woke up feeling fine but completely unaware that i was still completely spaced out. slurring all my words, could barely walk and its only through looking at the evidence that i figured out what it did to me.

Incidentally i recall the feeling being quite euphoric and not conducive to sleep AT ALL! hence why i continued taking them and i assume started on the nytol as well.

I actually really like the recreational feeling zopiclon gives me.

TONIGHT:

On The Menu Tonight: x3-7.5 Zopiclon, 1 Good quality 10mg Valium (could be 20mg though im not sure i just found it in my cupobard) bout to drink 2 litres of 5.3% Cider and throw in another x2-7.5 Zopies!

Any Saftey issues?!

DO NOT under any circumstances mix zopiclone. It is acute interaction so sobering up or leaving it a day before having zopiclone after getting pissed should be fine. Im normally quite reckless with taking things and making what might sound like stupid combos and clearly survived it. I normally wouldnt discourage for example stimulants mixed with sedatives but trust me the only two i will avoid like the plague is alcohol + GHB or alcohol + zopiclone.
I would place more emphasis on the second since with GHB you tend to pass out, zopiclone gives you a dangerous black out but for some reason one (well at least I) wont pass out - just blessed with complete amnesia.

The other day for example, got some zopiclone in the post. I had a couple of beers but didnt think anything of it. I spent 2 hours on skype after swallowing 3. I can remember the first 15 minutes but the rest never formed in my memory. This is scary for 2 reasons
1. the next day i found that 10 x 7.5mg had vanished PLUS 8 x 50 mg nytols. i therefore had no recollection of taking 15 pills!
2. there was blood on my floor and cuts on my fingers - i hadnt left my room thank god.
I some how managed to have a very sloppy and hilarious conversation with my mate but he couldnt quite believe that it was me he was talking to on skype. litterally forgetting what i was saying half way through sentence.

I would conclude therefore that zopiclone lets your body and brain function but completely cuts off your memory and rational or logical thought - if you dont fall asleep.
And whats worse? I woke up feeling fine but completely unaware that i was still completely spaced out. slurring all my words, could barely walk and its only through looking at the evidence that i figured out what it did to me.

Incidentally i recall the feeling being quite euphoric and not conducive to sleep AT ALL! hence why i continued taking them and i assume started on the nytol as well.

i Should have read that, you had 10!? 7.5MG ZOPIES OOOOOh K dunno wot im worrying bout then. may have actually read it actually just forgot!! lol u know how it is

Last edited:
shit i would pass out from the zopiclone alone....adding alcohol just seems like a recipe for blacking out, and either making a fool of yourself or just straight up passing out

i was given zopiclone ontop of prozac and a mild anti-psychotic (forget the name, one of the weaker ones) for about 6 weeks, this was about 5 years ago. I had a lot of stuff going on in my life and something clicked in my mind that wasnt right....i felt i wass getting worse each day and eventually they thought that the prozac was having an adverse effect-- before they discovered that though i was really bad, and i took some zopiclone in the middle of the day-- (think 2x7.5mg) y l and it really eased me-- but as its meant for nighttime, i also knew n felt it wasnt right. Few days later i just went over the edge mentally, and went into full blown 'psychosis' (drug induced)-- thing is i hadnt had any illegal drugs for about nearly 3 months before, and 100& not touched illegal drugs in that time. I turned out very bad- and had a 10 day experience in a psych wing, although wasnt section and could leave any time. They said in the end that th prozac, in some people has very bad effects-- n it was the prozac that pushed me over the edge-- for hours on end i was screaming and scraping at the floor. PURE frustration a fear type of feeling. they changed my meds and i left but felt a sudden change for the better.....i got a lot better, but recently been doing drugs again....(Sorry for the life story), but recently been drinking quite a lot (8 cans of beer a day), but over the whole day, not in a late night binge-- then normally 2grams of coke. when that is done, i have zopiclone, i started to take 1 7.5mg at night, more recently 2x 7.5mg=== i cant do this for much longer (the whole routine) but i take them because they do chill me out after all that crap- i worry a little bit about that, but rather that than lying in bed after grams of coke. I havent ever blacked out or anything like that,my brain is very active and i somehow can stay awake (if not slightly drowsy) through it. Possibily the coke in my system overpowers the zopiclone to some extent..... This is my experience. Most other on this thread report major blackouts etc, so if really want to mix these2, then start off small as u can. Still dont reccomend it to any1, its my choice if i do though. I also have a slight tolerance to benzodiazpines from the past but hugely...and people say a present/past tolerance to benzos will probably weaken the effect of the zopiclone...

Oh well! thats my rant, what strange things we do, i feel like that was a bit of councelling for me there, just be careful...Its good to read oppinions, just dont do anything too stupid :)

Since this is a simple combination thread, I'm going to move it on over to Basic Drug Discussion

OD --> BDD

p.s the anti-psychotic was clorpromazine--- am no longer on anti-psychs. I think they're terrible drugs.

i was given zopiclone ontop of prozac and a mild anti-psychotic (forget the name, one of the weaker ones) for about 6 weeks, this was about 5 years ago. I had a lot of stuff going on in my life and something clicked in my mind that wasnt right....i felt i wass getting worse each day and eventually they thought that the prozac was having an adverse effect-- before they discovered that though i was really bad, and i took some zopiclone in the middle of the day-- (think 2x7.5mg) y l and it really eased me-- but as its meant for nighttime, i also knew n felt it wasnt right. Few days later i just went over the edge mentally, and went into full blown 'psychosis' (drug induced)-- thing is i hadnt had any illegal drugs for about nearly 3 months before, and 100& not touched illegal drugs in that time. I turned out very bad- and had a 10 day experience in a psych wing, although wasnt section and could leave any time. They said in the end that th prozac, in some people has very bad effects-- n it was the prozac that pushed me over the edge-- for hours on end i was screaming and scraping at the floor. PURE frustration a fear type of feeling. they changed my meds and i left but felt a sudden change for the better.....i got a lot better, but recently been doing drugs again....(Sorry for the life story), but recently been drinking quite a lot (8 cans of beer a day), but over the whole day, not in a late night binge-- then normally 2grams of coke. when that is done, i have zopiclone, i started to take 1 7.5mg at night, more recently 2x 7.5mg=== i cant do this for much longer (the whole routine) but i take them because they do chill me out after all that crap- i worry a little bit about that, but rather that than lying in bed after grams of coke. I havent ever blacked out or anything like that,my brain is very active and i somehow can stay awake (if not slightly drowsy) through it. Possibily the coke in my system overpowers the zopiclone to some extent..... This is my experience. Most other on this thread report major blackouts etc, so if really want to mix these2, then start off small as u can. Still dont reccomend it to any1, its my choice if i do though. I also have a slight tolerance to benzodiazpines from the past but hugely...and people say a present/past tolerance to benzos will probably weaken the effect of the zopiclone...

Oh well! thats my rant, what strange things we do, i feel like that was a bit of councelling for me there, just be careful...Its good to read oppinions, just dont do anything too stupid :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I took some Zopiclone last night after drinking a bottle of wine. I read up on it first so at first I had a small psycho-somatic reaction. After that, I didn't feel any more tired or different to how I was feeling before. It took me over an hour to get to sleep after that. As long as you don't go extreme and take 4 or 5 or the pills, you should be fine.

Hi Jessymay, welcome to BDD! Thank you for your post, but in general it is best to comment on current active threads rather than older ones as we get a lot of new threads in here. Always be careful mixing downers.. it depends on your tolerance, how much of each you take and your individual situation so it is dangerous to assume that alcohol and zopiclone is fine for everyone. Glad it was okay for you though.

Closed, pm me with any queries :)

Status
Not open for further replies.