Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The Mephedrone Thread (4-mmc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all, First post =D

@mribis Thanks for posting "buy a fuckn reagent test... from memory - 4mmc turns orange on marquis, and m1 turns green".
Only took me 11 pages of this thread to find that out, which was gonna be my first question.......

.....Point I'm trying to make is I know that with good MDMA i know that a test will show purple to black within seconds from marquis.
So what should be a decent timeline for the colour chance in 4mmc to turn orange? Should it happen within seconds and how much longer should it take depending on the purity.

From Tests conducted in a Forensic Lab with freshly prepared Marquis reagent, pure 4-MMC produced a pale pink colour (similar to that produced with cocaine), and a mixture of 4-MMC, phathimidopropiophenone, caffeine and N-ethylcathinone (Neorganics SC and neodove) produced a pale orange. All colour changes should occur within 1 minute or so.

maybe the kid did take a H substitute?

SWIM know a lot of people that were with him that night, and they all say he took 4 morphine tablets... all at once. If that's true, then SWIM's sorry to say he was more than putting himself in harm's way.

Correct me if SWIM's wrong, but SWIM had always been led to belive that the whole reason METHADONE was used as a heroin treatment was because not only did it help attenuate withdrawal symptoms, but also that it blocks the brains opiate receptors, so if an addict relapses, they can't get any high off it and therefore don't see the point (kinda like numbing someone's tastebuds so they don't eat a delicious but unhealthy burger). Therefore, why on earth would anyone seeking a high use it?!

This appears to be little more than the media intensifying their slanderous witch hunt of mephedrone.

Methadone will get an opiate naive person just as high as heroin, won't feel the same but it can still get you quite fucked up.

The article on the last page referred the mephedrone as a heroin substitute.

Guessing they got a little confused with methadone.

Mephedrone speedball, sounds horrible.

Sorry, i wasn't clear enough. What i meant to say, is that the rumour that mephedrone was involved with his death at all is supposedly untrue, according to sources that were present on the night. The story has been born out of a confusion between 'methadone' and 'mephedrone' from one of his friends.

Oh really? Very interesting indeed.

Maybe the media just wanted some more dirt on meph.

a heroin treatment was because not only did it help attenuate withdrawal symptoms, but also that it blocks the brains opiate receptors, so if an addict relapses, they can't get any high off it and therefore don't see the point

I can't find out, on the bus using my phone, but I would think the reason it's used is because it has a higher affinity with a longer duration (with a possible lower efficacy?). It wouldn't 'block the opiate receptors' otherwise how would the methadone work? Anyway, this is getting off topic. If you wanna know the -kinetics of how methedone works search or start a thread. :)

It blocks the receptors by sticking to them all so that hardly any of any other opiate can attach. It is also used for the long duration so that you only have to be dosed once a day, not multiple times like H.

why cant he use "SWIM"?

bit mean init??

surely it just means, someone who isnt me?

whats wrong with that?

xxxx

It's childish and doesn't protect anymore. Especially when 99%of the time it doesn't in face mean someone who isn't mean. We're adults here (hmm, well most of us) and need to stop kidding ourselves. This is a harm minimization website which implies that majority of people on where do actually takes drug, no doubt about that, it's all about how to do it in a responsible way.
I think it's more of now days got a stigma attached to it - "someone who isn't mean but really infact it is but if I saw SWIM it someone absolves me of all responsibility" - basically you're not kidding anyone.
If it's you, say it is. If it's not, say who it is (obviously not real names =/ )

I do have one other question though, I feel after reading this thread start to finish I have a pretty good concept of what to expect with mephedrone which I will most likely be sampling for the first time in the week ahead. I also think that I can see that when it was still coming onto the scene it seemed to be mostly pure, and people were saying the comedown was quite easy going, but more recently the newcomers have been saying that it was harsh?
I'm guessing that this would be due to it being cut down and therefore less pure/less clean comedown? =D
The comedown affects people differently. But from my experience it appears that most people don't suffer a bad comedown on meph. One of it's attraction. That said I did! The first time was the worse, took me 3 days to feel normal. Now only about a day.
Everyone else who used from the same batch didn't have any bad comedown.

I know meph was available quite widely a few months ago, before the police started to know about it, what are members view of its availability now? And is it as pure, or have the importers realised how popular it is and started stomping on it?

Because it makes posts annoying as shit to read and it always means someone who IS me.

aint hurting you, and yes in most cases it does mean that rather than someone who isnt me, but dont moan at people for using it

thers a reason they use it

xxxxxxx

I know meph was available quite widely a few months ago, before the police started to know about it, what are members view of its availability now? And is it as pure, or have the importers realised how popular it is and started stomping on it?

Haven't noticed a change in my regular supply yet. 8)

aint hurting you, and yes in most cases it does mean that rather than someone who isnt me, but dont moan at people for using it

thers a reason they use it

xxxxxxx

Other sites aren't allowed to say "I am taking drugs." For legal reasons.

It's a little different here, so why bother? SWIM or I equates to the same thing here.

It is annoying, but people should still fell free to use it.

@Phasedancer and Puffnfresh, Thanks heaps for the info guys. I'll keep you all posted, however my supply has been delayed by a week =(

Status
Not open for further replies.