• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Ketamine cream taken rectally

Cloud_9

Bluelighter
I just got a 60g tube of compounded Ketamine and I'm starting to wonder if it is going to be possible to use this cream rectally because that's about the only safe way I can think of.

Taking it orally would probably make me sick from the lotion additives and there is no way I'm going to rail a glob of cream.

Is there any reason why taking the cream and using it rectally will NOT work? Will the lotion just sit inside me and never get absorbed?

It is intended to be used as an ointment for spot treating topical neuropathic pain. Just like any other type of lotion tough, you rub it in where it is needed.

I am concerned that if I just rub it in the ketamine will not have nearly the same effect as if I had pure ketamine powder. Too bad I am almost sure it would be impossible to separate this emulsion.

Wow. Well, it seems like it would work rectally, then, if it absorbs through skin, but maybe there is a chemical in it that could be irritating? I'm curious how this turns out, I've never heard of this problem before...

That's what I was thinking, but I was worried that perhaps the oils in the lotion wouldn't absorb properly and maybe those oils would have the ketamine in them.

I have 5ml worth of solution prepped. I will tell you about the experiences as I come across them.

Just saw that, and left a post at the end. I sure hope my math is right. :D

Ketamine needs a pretty high dose if used rectally I'm not too sure how well this'd work.

I'm a little skeptical after reading that thread as well... Looks like not too much is absorbed.

Get a 20CC and put that cream in and...

LOL NOPE! Sorry I have no idea what you would do in this case except for using it as directed (transdermally). That is what the cream was intended for, right?

I'm slightly wired lol so I researched the hell out of this. But why are you trying this? You seem like you done some research and know what your talking about. If you were prescribed you just use it topically since that's the most beneficial(well for bioavailability and absorbtion rate; probably not) and it will only affect the covered area. Also if cream and pure powder were administered topically then it wouldn't be any different. Any other route would also have the drug affect the whole body. So I'm assuming you're using this recreationally?

Here's what I got tho...

1. Extracting the ketamine or even removing the water and oil bases would require some kind of reverse emulsion(which looks hard as shit).
2. Suppositories are a solid but convert to a liquid at body temperature.
3. However some suppository bases are also the bases for topical creams.

I don't quite know how drugs are absorbed through the rectum(Getting to tired to search lol) but if it's similar to the skin then it should work. However my concern is not if it won't absorb but the rate at which it will absorb. As stated above suppositories "melt" into a liquid at body temperature. A liquid would obviously absorb quicker than a cream. To be safe, if you are gonna try it then you might wanna try a tiny sample. It would suck to pump your ass full of cream that is extremely irritating.

Hopefully that'll help.

It's not the safest method but ketamine is excreted in human semen, and there are reports of anal sex leading to ketamine trips on the receiving end.

I'm not sure the process for extracting would be that hellish.
I'd see if the lotion dissolved easilly in water. If so, acidify with HCl, wash with a non-polar solvent to get the oils out and proceed with an A/B extraction.

If it didnt dissolve in water, but did dissolve in something non-polar, i'd do so, then extract the ketamine with acidified water, and proceed with an A/B extraction.

Whether that would be worth it depends on the amount of ketamine in the cream though.

It's not the safest method but ketamine is excreted in human semen, and there are reports of anal sex leading to ketamine trips on the receiving end.

i don't suppose you have a reference?

bathe in that shit man! lol rub it all over your chest and stomach, get it in nice and deep. I bet you could have the first transdermal trip report on erowid.

What's the concentration of the cream?

This is news to me that it can be used topically though, like.. since when does it have local anesthetic properties?

I see no reason why you'd have trouble getting it to work rectally. Irritation could be an issue, but since it's meant to be applied to skin anyway, that should hopefully be minimal. You can put diluted GBL up there with no issues.
I've plugged k in a water solution plenty of times. It's good cos it's long lasting and doesn't require constant redosing. I tend not to hole with that ROA, though. It's good as a base with topups via another ROA.

Well to come back and update any of you guys who are still curious about whether it succeeded or not I can say that while I could definitely feel the effects, it wasnt nearly as intense as I was hoping it would be. After taking 9ml of a 60ml 5% ketamine solution which should have been about 300mg of ketamine all that presented itself was a minor body load and some fun closed eye visuals at the "peak" of the experience.

Ive pretty much come to the conclusion that there is no where near 5% ketamine in this solution by weight and that it must have been calculated at 5% by some other means that I cannot quite figure out. I think I am going to stick with using it topically for pain relief because that's where it can actually be of some use.

...is the most repulsive thing I've heard all week........

Thank you for proving the point that the second most bluelighters hear anything concerning the butt they revert back to a more primitive posting state.

I'm slightly wired lol so I researched the hell out of this. But why are you trying this? You seem like you done some research and know what your talking about. If you were prescribed you just use it topically since that's the most beneficial(well for bioavailability and absorbtion rate; probably not) and it will only affect the covered area. Also if cream and pure powder were administered topically then it wouldn't be any different. Any other route would also have the drug affect the whole body. So I'm assuming you're using this recreationally?

Here's what I got tho...

1. Extracting the ketamine or even removing the water and oil bases would require some kind of reverse emulsion(which looks hard as shit).
2. Suppositories are a solid but convert to a liquid at body temperature.
3. However some suppository bases are also the bases for topical creams.

I don't quite know how drugs are absorbed through the rectum(Getting to tired to search lol) but if it's similar to the skin then it should work. However my concern is not if it won't absorb but the rate at which it will absorb. As stated above suppositories "melt" into a liquid at body temperature. A liquid would obviously absorb quicker than a cream. To be safe, if you are gonna try it then you might wanna try a tiny sample. It would suck to pump your ass full of cream that is extremely irritating.

Hopefully that'll help.

You're right about the fact that I like to take my time whenever I try something new but at a certain point there was absolutely no literature about ketamine cream preparations so I had to be the first to jump off the cliff so to speak. I considered trying to let the lotion base sit in a solution of water and agitate the fuck out of it but I didnt think that the amount of water needed to break up the solution would be able to be inserted anywhere with any success.

Last edited: