• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Spitting out suboxone, SUPERIOR results.

I just want to add that the longer you keep Suboxone under your tongue, it gives you a much stronger effect. They say to keep it under there for 5-10 minutes, just until the pill dissolves. If you let it absorb until the saliva goes from orange to clear (about 30 minutes for 8mg, less for lower doses), you get far more of an effect. Whenever I was with someone in the morning who didn't know I took Suboxone and only had 5-10 minutes to take my Sub in the shower I only felt 2/3rds of the effect. Everyone bitches about the taste but I like it.

That's absolutely false! If you have overdosed on bupe and are brought into the ER the treatment will be an IV infusion of naloxone and ventil;ation to maintain breathing. Naloxone will knock any opiate off the receptors, it's only the dose that will change.

It's a very basic pharmacology principle: an antagonist will shift the dose response curve to the right.

Naloxone won't outcompete bupe in Suboxone but that's b/c the oral BA is so low. IM/IV naloxone has 100% BA.

That's absolute drivel. BA has nothing to do with this, naloxone's receptor affinity is lower than buprenorphine's therefore bupre kicks naloxone out of the receptors.

Besides if we're talking of BA, bupre has 0% oral BA. It is used sublingually.

Bupre overdoses are not treated with naloxone, at least around here. Naltrexone might be used, I'm not sure... but not naloxone, since it has no effect on bupre overdose patients.

If naloxone would compete with buprenorphine, then how do you explain IV suboxone working just as well as IV subutex?

Do you really like the taste, or do you like the subtle feeling associated with the taste?

;)

Haha I'm sure it's the latter. There's a strong Pavlovian element to it. Now every time I eat a citrus fruit, I'm like "Oh yeah, I'm gonna get hiiiiigh off this shit...oh wait, no I'm not."

Haha I'm sure it's the latter. There's a strong Pavlovian element to it. Now every time I eat a citrus fruit, I'm like "Oh yeah, I'm gonna get hiiiiigh off this shit...oh wait, no I'm not."

That would be fucking awesome if they dosed suboxone patients with oranges laced with buprenorphine! Try shooting that shit!

Hah, you must be getting some awesome fucking suboxone if you think it tastes like a citrus fruit. :D

Our suboxones are white. They are suboxones, not 'texes, they have the N8 / N2 imprints and are hexagonal.

I believe the colour was taken out of them because people were getting allergic reactions from the dye.

I tried to search for images of white suboxones but couldn't find any. I guess they're not very common elsewhere then? I can post a picture of them tomorrow when I get my home meds.

I definetly notice the longer I keep the sub under my toungue, the better I get off. it's a very specefic time too, like 20-30 minutes.

Our suboxones are white. They are suboxones, not 'texes, they have the N8 / N2 imprints and are hexagonal.

I believe the colour was taken out of them because people were getting allergic reactions from the dye.

I tried to search for images of white suboxones but couldn't find any. I guess they're not very common elsewhere then? I can post a picture of them tomorrow when I get my home meds.

Lol, I kinda figured based on your knowledgeable posts you knew exactly what you were talking about and were not confused about subutex.

Heh, but, I bet since what you speak of are uncommon, at least based on every suboxone I've ever seen, people seem to think you're mistaken.

So they're exact Suboxone Oranges, only... white? You definitely should post a picture. If people are allergic to them why aren't all of them white? Or is this a new thing? Or did you request them?

I had a friend who merely told his Dr. that the naloxone was bothering him, so he got switched to subutex no questions asked. The only difference was that his doctor checked his arms every visit for tracks, like you couldn't slam it anywhere you pleased, right?

Edit:

Do they look like these, or are they solid white? Please post a picture still!

http://www.pharmer.org/images/foreign/buprenorphine-n8-sword-logo

combo.jpg

I'll post a pic in a sec.. I just took a picture with my camera, I'll need to host it.

Around here, everyone only gets white suboxones. Nobody gets the orange ones, and nobody gets subutex anymore...

They are not those tan/light brown ones, these are definitely snow white. They taste just like the orange ones though, like pharmaceutical lemons...

edit: and yeah, it'd be kinda unlikely for me to be mistaken about the meds I've been getting for the past 3 years...

dread - the pills look exactly the same and have the same imprint. The difference is the US version is orange)or lemon-lime (flavor as they say) I don't want to derail this thread and more. Google "suboxone" to see the orange ones.

dread - the pills look exactly the same and have the same imprint. The difference is the US version is orange)or lemon-lime (flavor as they say) I don't want to derail this thread and more. Google "suboxone" to see the orange ones.

Like I said, our xones used to be orange too, but they were all changed to whites a couple of years ago because people were getting allergic reactions from the dye in them.

i think thats why i like the taste of methadone... i associate the effects with the taste even know it taste like poo

Man, a bunch of chemistry geeks! Yeah, I got a whole bottle of 120 8mg Suboxone Orange. Medicare doesn't cover the film, and pharmacies still have them. Just ran out of my normal good shit, so I had these stashed away. Did approx. 2mg chip 30 min ago. Spat out at 20 mins. Still spitting. Will this negate the naloxone? I feel that's what gives me the most brain damage. I was cold turkey for 3 days. Diarrhea subsiding. Ate good at the Italian Christmas Eve dinner, but I know once the alcohol wears off, I'm gonna be beatin the shit out of my house. So Subs it is. Let me know if any of this makes sense to you Chemistry Regents dudes.

I didn't realize ANYONE got the tablets anymore. I thought they were more or less discontinued. And since when does medicare not cover the film? At least in WI anyone covered by BadgerCare HAS to get the film. Tablets are not an option.

To SPIT or SWALLOW: Readme.txt

Wow. I honestly can’t believe this thread is STILL going on!

PEOPLE, PAY ATTENTION:

If you are taking SUBUTEX (Buprenorphine HCl): Place the 8 mg tablet under your tongue, preferably to the LEFT or RIGHT side of the tongue (because those are where the veins are), leave the tablet there until it completely dissolves. This DIFFERS from person to person; however, the usual timing is approximately 10-15 minutes for an 8 mg tablet of Buprenorphine HCl. You WILL usually accumulate saliva in your mouth, which is fine. Since you are taking SUBUTEX (Buprenorphine HCl) then you can safely SWALLOW it since it has no NALOXONE in it! Once you’ve swallowed the saliva, do not eat or drink anything for 15-20 minutes, just to make sure all of the Buprenorphine HCl is absorbed thoroughly through your tongue’s veins.

If you are taking SUBOXONE (Buprenorphine HCl / Naloxone): Place the 8mg/2mg Film or Tablet under your tongue, preferably on the LEFT or RIGHT side (because the sides of your tongue are where the veins are), leave the tablet or film there until it completely dissolves! As previously stated; the time may vary from person to person. The approximate time is 5-10 minutes for FILMS, and 10-15 minutes for TABLETS. Of course you will be accumulating saliva in your mouth which is inevitable. Once the Tablet or Film is completely done dissolving, leave the accumulated saliva in your mouth under your tongue for another 5-10 minutes just to ensure that the Buprenorphine HCl is absorbed properly through your tongue’s veins. After the time allotted you have two choices:

(1) Drain the remaining saliva from your mouth, do NOT “spit” it out, “drain” it out instead, by opening your mouth over a sink/toilet/whatever and let it pour out. Once you’ve done that, wait another 5 minutes before drinking or eating anything!

(2) Swallow the accumulated saliva! These results vary from person to person; however, it may help you go to the bathroom easier, it also may upset your stomach if you haven’t ingested anything before your dose. Swallowing the saliva will not have any negative affect since the oral bioavailability of Naloxone is only 2%. Meaning, it will not harm you in any way. The reason they put Naloxone in Suboxone tablets is to PREVENT “shooting up” or using the drug intravenously.

Either way, while taking SUBOXONE: it’s not going to have much of a difference AT ALL whether or not you spit or swallow it. Like I said, these results may vary from person to person.

But, if you are on SUBUTEX: then that is a whole other story. They don’t come in Films, only in Tablet form. People have tried abusing it by “shooting up” the pill; however it was cleverly designed so that even if you do use SUBUTEX intravenously, it won’t do much at all, except leave track marks on your arms, and can be extremely fatal.

It’s called SUBLINGUAL for a reason! The entire purpose of these two drugs are to get OFF other extreme narcotic opiates! If you want to “shoot up” then go back to where you came from, and stop asking whether to “swallow” or “spit”; because in the end, they’re both equally the same route of administration. The Buprenorphine HCl is still getting into your system, and so is the Naloxone (just not much of it).

(I am not a doctor, physician, nurse, pharmacist, chemist, nor do I have any medical degree)

(Everything I have said in this post is from SEVEN YEARS of EXPERIENCE with both SUBUTEX and SUBOXONE)

Best regards,

Suck My Drugs