• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

New Powerful Painkiller Has Drug Abuse Experts Worried

I honestly thunk it doesny matter what else in this world "comes out"...cuz we gona find what we want anyway.hydrocodone coming out as a drug without acetaminophen I think is a great idea..it gets rid of the liver killing properties of Tylenol.plus why worry about "zohydrocodone".when there's a tin of opiates without Tylenol in them...and u think if a seasoned opiate user is gona haul ads to get to a dealer with these,think again.your bound to go what's gona hit harder or last longer or more sout out ..a combo if the two....dats my 2 cents

I honestly thunk it doesny matter what else in this world "comes out"...cuz we gona find what we want anyway.hydrocodone coming out as a drug without acetaminophen I think is a great idea..it gets rid of the liver killing properties of Tylenol.plus why worry about "zohydrocodone".when there's a tin of opiates without Tylenol in them...and u think if a seasoned opiate user is gona haul ads to get to a dealer with these,think again.your bound to go what's gona hit harder or last longer or more sout out ..a combo if the two....dats my 2 cents

Do you purposely type this bad? :!

Do you purposely type this bad? :!

Huh eboyping. Go figure, anyway narconon just pumps you full of mega-doses of vitamins and sweats the opies out of you. he are ran by the c o s ala l ron hubbard so it only goes downhill from there,fast. They manage to kill several peeps a year it seems. Mostly from lack of medical care.
If you drink their kool=ade, they'll own your ass lock stock, and barrel.

how can hydrocodone be the 2nd most abused drug in the united states? in North east TN we get subs if blues are unavailable

You get what you can get, if there were no roxicodone/blues and you had the choice of crappy suboxone or pure hydrocodone pills, I think the decision would be easy and it'd be the hydros.

I just wanted to note, regarding the original post, that most drug abuse experts are useless and ignorant to any real ways to curb drug abuse.

Isnt pure hydro cII? Why not get oxy or any otheer stroner cII mmeds? Or am i missing something?

I personally like hydrocodone better than oxycodone (with out including tolerance and lack of high dose pills) recreationally and medically (if the right dose is used of course), and I know I'm not alone on this especially on BL. Hydrocodone is like a less sedating, shorter acting oxymorphone.

Before my tolerance required my dosages of hydrocodone to be at minimum 120mg (if not closer to 180mg) hydrocodone blew oxycodone out of the water.

i like how people are getting mad. if you dont like hydro then why would it affect you? it will lower the price of heroin and oxy because more kids will be turning to hydrocodone.

i personally don't like any opiates besides heroin/morphine, hydromorphone, and buprenorphine, but i wouldn't be mad if i got some oxy or hydrocodone. shit i will even entertain the thought of buying some codeine even if i dont feel shit from it. when you are in withdrawals, you will take ANY opiate lol...

Dissapointing article.

It's not a new drug just a new formulation of an old drug with a reasonable safety profile in the sense that it's not hepatoxic when unpaired with NSAIDS.

Sensationalist nonsense I came in here expecting some monster thebaine derivative or something.

how can hydrocodone be the 2nd most abused drug in the united states? in North east TN we get subs if blues are unavailable

Yeah I lived in kingsport for a time. Shit is ridiculous up there now. Hardly anything and for way too much.

Dissapointing article.

It's not a new drug just a new formulation of an old drug with a reasonable safety profile in the sense that it's not hepatoxic when unpaired with NSAIDS.

Just a minor point: APAP is not really an NSAID. I don't really know which of its proposed mechanisms of action is correct, but I do know that Wikipedia says this:

It is not considered an NSAID because it does not exhibit significant anti-inflammatory activity (it is a weak COX inhibitor).

Interesting medicine in its own right, but it should never have been added to pills that people consume by the dozen!

^I think APAP exerts it's analgesic action through conversion into AM-404 which in turn mediates analgesia through cannabinoid receptors.

These "abuse experts" in the article however seems to base their oppinion on fear and not facts.

From what I have heard, Zohydro was shot down by the FDA and is no longer going to be manufactured. :( lol However, if there are findings saying other pharmaceutical companies are still working on it, I'd love to see them.

From what I have heard, Zohydro was shot down by the FDA and is no longer going to be manufactured. :( lol However, if there are findings saying other pharmaceutical companies are still working on it, I'd love to see them.

The FDA has yet to reject it. They're supposed to issue a decision some time in the next month.

The FDA has yet to reject it. They're supposed to issue a decision some time in the next month.
It was approved a few months ago...and without the stipulation that it contain tamper/abuse resistance features.

Here's the link: http://www.fda.gov/newsevents/newsroom/pressannouncements/ucm372287.htm Sorry if this has been posted, I did a cursory check and didn't find it elsewhere.

Also, issues surrounding this: http://www.medpagetoday.com/PublicHealthPolicy/FDAGeneral/43374

Last edited:
How does hydrocodone fare as an IV drug? I wonder if anyone has experience with it through the IV route as it has only been available in compounded meds AFAIK.

you can not IV hydrocodone, the histamine reaction will kill you. same as codiene. it just wont be beneficial to your health