• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tramadol Recreational Dose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarryd

Greenlighter
Hey I havent used opiates for about 2 maybe 3 months and I was wanting to know how much tramadol I should use to get a good high going? Last time I used I took 150mg and then an hour later I took the other 150mg (300mg) as I was told to do last time I asked about recreational dose. I was using 400mg at once b4 and nothing happened but splitting the 300 an hour between doses and it got me feeling good and everyone says you cant get high on Tramadol but I did I dont think it was placebo.. So idk if my tolerance has gone down any since then but if it helps any I weigh 215 and am 6'2" I have 8 50mg tablets.

tramadol had an unpredictable high, and sux. trust me, ive consumed over 500 in my lifetime and flushed the last 47 i had down the toilet. theres nothing recreational about a bastardized opiate with an ssri effect attached. not to mention it lowers seizure threshold. if you have some, i wouldnt go past 150mgs but i certainly wouldnt try and get more. use your energies focusing on more worthwhile substances. tylenol 3 would be better for recreation, and pain, much safer. good luck and best wishes -aphex

I am the one who gave you that advice - I would stick with it, and try 150 mg, then another 150 mg an hour later, OR 100 mg, then another 100 mg an hour later if worried about tolerance having dropped too much. In fact, 75 mg, then another 75 mg an hour after might be even better because of your lower tolerance, and see where that puts you - you could take 75 mg an hour after the second dose of 75 mg if it isn't getting you up enough, but tramadol does take sometime to peak, has pretty long-lasting effects, and comes down fairly gradually. I think 75 mg every hour, with no more than three doses total (no more than 225 mg) would be fine, and probably the best way to go. If you are feeling something fairly nice two hours after the very first dose, though, I would not take the third dose of 75 mg, for you should continue to grow higher.

really? 6 50mg tabs of ultram will have this dude sick if taken within a 2 or 3 hour period. i did physical labor for years and took 3 of them at once, 150mg regularly and got what i was looking for, granted the effects sometimes differ. DO NOT TAKE 6 unless you want to get the hot sweats and puke. my ex junkie neighbor said he got mild nausea from 200mg (4 tabs) at once. if you take 3, dont take 3 more until your buzz has lessened. trust me. if youve experienced vicodin sickness, tramadol sickness is grosser. its got an ssri compound to it. i used them recreationally and for fun and weeened myself off and flushed my leftovers a month after i was done. tramadol is a dirty opiate high. once in a GREAT while it hits you just right. but when you go back expecting that high, it changes on you, its weird. for the sake of HR please dont take 6 pills, especially if you are seizure prone.

really? 6 50mg tabs of ultram will have this dude sick if taken within a 2 or 3 hour period. i did physical labor for years and took 3 of them at once, 150mg regularly and got what i was looking for, granted the effects sometimes differ. DO NOT TAKE 6 unless you want to get the hot sweats and puke. my ex junkie neighbor said he got mild nausea from 200mg (4 tabs) at once. if you take 3, dont take 3 more until your buzz has lessened. trust me. if youve experienced vicodin sickness, tramadol sickness is grosser. its got an ssri compound to it. i used them recreationally and for fun and weeened myself off and flushed my leftovers a month after i was done. tramadol is a dirty opiate high. once in a GREAT while it hits you just right. but when you go back expecting that high, it changes on you, its weird. for the sake of HR please dont take 6 pills, especially if you are seizure prone.

You will notice that if you read through my post, you will see I end up recommending 225 mg tops over the course of two hours. He has a history with tramadol, and has taken doses of 400 mg, as he said, at once, at some point in his life. I think he knows how it effects him, and I was the one who recommended to him the split-dosing technique to add to the metabolization of o-desmethyltramadol and more effect of that, and less of just the tramadol's effect, leading to more opiate-typical effects at lower doses than one would otherwise need with less side-effects related to serotonin. I can do 225 mg in a short period, and be just fine w/o any side-effects, and though I do have a dependence, it does not require that much to keep it running - that is simply a splurge dose which I can tolerate, personally. He has a history of tramadol use, and has taken a break, and I do not think it is as dangerous as you are making it sound to be if he were to take 150 mg, then 150 mg later an hour after. He would know how he felt after an hour, AND I ended up saying it probably would be best not to do that, but instead try 75 mg, then 75 mg in an hour, then another 75 mg in another hour if desired.

^ So Alex are you saying staggered dosing brings out tramadol's sedating qualities sooner? I normally take 200mg, the first four hours or so I'm motivated/stimulated and then I gently glide into an opiated state...

Yes, there is no doubt that this is the case. It is like priming the liver with an initial dose of tramadol. So, for you, you could take 100 mg, and then another 100 mg an hour later, and it would likely render a high which would feel stronger (opiate-effect wise), because of the fact that more o-desmethyltramadol would be metabolized in the second half of the split dose. And, to get a good high with tramadol, staggering doses can be a good tool to avoid dosing too much, making a lower total dose feasible, and adding the element of safety to it, too. Most people are after the opiate-effects primarily when using tramadol, and those are almost entirely thanks to the o-desmethyltramadol metabolized in the liver. Some metabolize it naturally better, so they can get feeling good off of lower doses of tramadol than the average person, and some cannot metabolize it at all, leading to tramadol just being, in effect, a stimulating serotonergic which might cause very slight opioid receptor agonism due to the tramadol alone, but not at all much. If you like the speedy, serotonergic effects of a single solid dose of tramadol along with the opiate-effects, you might not care to stagger, but it generally works to strengthen the high when given a fair and decent chance, and the tramadol still gives that "trademark" feel, it just happens to feel more opiate-effect inducing, too - stronger in that way.

I have a ? About tramodol. If you have a (big) tolerance to opiates would they still work??

No. You probably will only feel the SNRI effects. Even at dangerous doses like 400mg+.
But it could work as a taper or wd tool.

Does the same information about spacing doses work for tramadol ER? I take 3 or 4 at once and they're 100mg tabs. I have an rx for pain/health issues, and not much works with easing pain for me :/ any advice?

i had a grand-mal seizure on 250mgs, 1 shot of vodka, and a little weed

this shit isnt worth the risk

Yeah, I'm not fond of it either, and I'm already on meds that lowerr the threshold, out of my anticonvulsant, and have been having seizure like activity while sleeping. -_- but its all the doc wll give me at this point.

Yeah, I'm not fond of it either, and I'm already on meds that lowerr the threshold, out of my anticonvulsant, and have been having seizure like activity while sleeping. -_- but its all the doc wll give me at this point.

DO NOT take tramadol if this is the case. I have seen what your doctors have scripted you in other threads, and all at once, and from what I remember it was very a irresponsible and dangerous combination they had you on. If you are having active seizure-like activity, I would suggest AGAINST tramadol at any dose, especially if you are not on your typical anti-convulsant drug, and on other drugs that lower the seizure threshold. Just not worth it, at all, whatever way you take them, at any dose! VERY DANGEROUS. Seriously, please do not do any tramadol. It is a matter of, potentially, life or death, for it only takes one seizure to take a life, and it can very easily happen under circumstances less risky than yours, so despite what you think you can handle, I am telling you it is a HORRIBLE idea that you should continue on with any tramadol use.

^ This is great advice, tramadol is garbage and dangerous garbage at that; in a world where politicians and narcs didn't dictate to the doctors, this crap wouldn't even get prescribed to ANYONE.

Yeah I really don't like tramadol at all. And ontop of that, it doesn't even workfor my pain at all. I wish my doctor would give me something else.

I took 100 mg around 12:30 PM today. I waited about a half hour and took another 50 mg. Around 2:30 PM I took another 50 mg. The shit makes you feel really relaxed and gives you a great body high. I would not recommend taking more than 150 mg at a time if you are not experienced. The high you will experience really depends on a lot of circumstances. If you take it on a full stomach it takes forever to kick in. For me, I feel it's effects more if I'm walking around. The typical effects: mild body high, legs feel like jello, head feels numb, increased energy, weightless feeling in combination with heavy feeling if that makes any sense. It really is not that great for recreational use. It's good for those in pain that would like to relieve their pain and feel good at the same time. Nothing too special.

tramadol is garbage and dangerous garbage at that; in a world where politicians and narcs didn't dictate to the doctors, this crap wouldn't even get prescribed to ANYONE.

But despite the "dirty" pharmacological profile it is many peoples drug of choice.

I tried the staggering method yesterday (100mg and after one hour another 100mg) and it didn't feel stronger at all. The onset was even weaker than 200mg initial.

I had a bunch of 50mg tabs, still have some left, and for a couple days I would be taking one every hour or so for a few hours. Felt decent, definitely an opiate buzz, complete with itchiness but not on the same level as say vicodin or what have you. However, the constipation I suffered from the tramadol made it very much not worth it. One particular "movement" I'm thinking of left me struggling very hard for probably about 20 minutes, it was the worst thing ever, and left me in a great deal of pain for days after.

Status
Not open for further replies.