Status
Not open for further replies.

Delta-9-THC

Bluelighter
The Big & Dandy MDAI Thread

200px-MDAI.svg.png

Wikipedia MDAI page

[original post:]

Has anyone tried this chem or know anything about it.

Would it be illegal? It sounds almost too good to be true: all the empathogenic effects of MDMA with none of the neurotoxicity. Said to have almost 0 stimulation and is in fact slightly sedating.

Why hasn't this been made? Is it difficult to produce or something? Probably just too obscure. Plus the dosage isn't mentioned there. It could be 500mg which would make it very inefficient.

I guess the people who produce MDMA probably wouldn't care much about making something healthier for us. Especially if its more expensive or difficult to make.

Last edited by a moderator:
sounds interesting. id also like to hear if anyone has any more info on this

Well, I have the full paper from Nichols, so I can copy the substitution values. I've also been really interested lately in MDAI (5,6-methylenedioxy-2-aminoindan), MMAI (5-methoxy-6-methyl-2-aminoindan), and MDMAI (5,6-methylenedioxy-N-methyl-2-aminoindane). I don't think they'll be exactly like MDMA, because the dopamine release has lots to do with the 'magic' and fullness of the compound I'm sure. I say this because reports of IAP (selective serotonin releaser) say that it isn't anything close to MDMA. However, these compounds do sound like they might be a little better at imitating MDMA than IAP.

I've seen one place thinking about making MDAI, they are just checking the legality of it in the US. So, anyone know what the status would be of MDAI in the US?

The Federal Analog Act, 21 U.S.C. § 813, is a controversial section of the United States Controlled Substances Act, allowing any chemical "substantially similar" to an illegal drug (in Schedule I or II) to be treated as if it were also in Schedule I, but only if it is intended for human consumption. The banned substances are often called designer drugs.
~ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Analog_Act

It would probably be illegal.

1) Why don't people make it?
Who has taken it? Is it safe? Would it have demand?

MDMA has been taken for a long time. The negative effects are not fatal. This new drug could have fatal effects. It hasn't been studied on humans for a long time, possibly not at all.

People will most likely start dosing and if its safe as it should be im sure itll become popular.

Well, the whole thing with being illegal or not is not so much the intended for human consumption, but the "substantially similar" part. That is what gets argued over, and is very often decided arbitraily. Personally, an indan ring instead of an amino chain it pretty different, but who knows?

I have a friend who swears by something that you can simply buy at a local drug store.

She says she has tried both ecstasy and this myster pill and both have "the same" effects, only difference is the store bought pill has none of the negative side effects.

I highly doubt both have the SAME effect, however I'd love to find out what it is she's talking about. Perhaps it's this MDAI?

EDIT: Ok, I just asked her, she said it was this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5-Hydroxytryptophan

5htp is the immediate precursor to serotonin im pretty sure...and ive used it extensively, never gotten mdma-like effects at all...just a sort of mental clarity and energy so subtle its hardly noticeable until i ask myself, "Do I feel better than usual?" lol Though it is profound enough to have a useful effect. Sleep benefits as well, its just a nice supplement for rebalancing ur serotonin levels, and helps with mdma crashes as well

5htp is the immediate precursor to serotonin im pretty sure...and ive used it extensively, never gotten mdma-like effects at all...just a sort of mental clarity and energy so subtle its hardly noticeable until i ask myself, "Do I feel better than usual?" lol Though it is profound enough to have a useful effect. Sleep benefits as well, its just a nice supplement for rebalancing ur serotonin levels, and helps with mdma crashes as well

I don't mean to de-rail the original topic, but just some questions: What if I took a decent amount of this 5htp? Like, 300mg? Maybe more? Are there OD risks?

I'm done. :)

i dont think 300mg would be overdose, but i bet there may be some side-effects...all for I know maybe it could lead you towards serotonin syndrome...i bet if you google 5htp stuff or maybe even erowid there would be plenty of help there

MDAI [5,6-methylenedioxy-2-aminoindan] can really only be considered much harder to make than MDMA if you don't have access to a hydrogenation apparatus, which is required for its synthesis.

Imho MDAI doesn't seem so far to be particularly dangerous, the dosage is reported to be the same as for MDMA (~100 mg), and it should even turn the Marquis reagent purple/black on contact in theory anyway (never tested this yet personally).

As for its illegality, I would consider it to fall in the same category of research chemicals as does, say, 2ci, mephedrone, jwh-018, or M1, if that even (I add 'if that even' b/c MDAI is not even structurally substantially similar to anything remotely illegal such as amphetamine, DOB, 2cb, or mdma for example).

I would definitely like to try 100mg of MDAI sometime.

Is '2AI' simply an abbreviation of MDAI? Or are they two totally different things?

E

iirc its mostly a pure serotonin releaser. I had a couple friends try it when it was available years ago. I don't know if it can be had now (except custom synth).

It works well when combined with a dopamine releaser (but this probably increases the neurotoxicity).

EntheoDjinn: they are two different chemicals, but both are based on the aminoindan skeleton. 2-AI is largely void of any recreational value, but might be useful for it's short acting pain relieving properties. MDAI is largely unexplored and caution is adviced. The properties reported in theory makes it very interesting though.

2-AI is 2-aminoindan, a cyclized version of amphetamine. It's not very bioavailable, has a very short duration of action, and is recreational pretty much only via injection. The rush is supposedly akin to coke or meth.

I have had the opportunity to try MDAI.. have done so twice, in a party setting each time. Clearly empathogenic, although the first time it took a while to realise it. Gives this slight I'm-in-a-bubble kind of feeling, and pupils fairly dilated, makes for a smooth and comfy evening. What it doesn't so, however, is make me disoriented and dizzy like MDMA, nor as crazily euphoric as M1. Both times I combined with cannabis and alcohol. And I think the second time i t may have been followed by a moderate dose of butylone, with which it also combined well. Only moderate serotonin burnout, I feel. Definitely a lot less than MDMA, and also less than mephedrone (4-methyl-meth-cath) and WAY less than 4-methpxy-meth-cath.

A mild AMT-style vibe to it in how it creates this "comfortable comfort-cloak" but with none of the psychedelia.... just pleasant, would do again if I had the possibility.

Dosage similar to MDMA, perhaps a tad higher, up to 200mg . . .

Thanks Ximot. :) Good to see you around.

I don't mean to de-rail the original topic, but just some questions: What if I took a decent amount of this 5htp? Like, 300mg? Maybe more? Are there OD risks?

I'm done. :)

No dose of 5-HTP is going to give you any effects remotely similar to MDMA... I'm not sure what your friend is talking about. Maybe exaggerating? Some people are like that. My best friend used to make up stories all the time for no apparent reason, sort of like that.

300mg of 5-HTP WOULD make me feel tired and groggy... it's a bit of a heavy, weird feeling.

just out of interest what would happen if a methyl group was added to the nitrogen tail (to create a n substituted amide) eg difference between mda n mdma?

Status
Not open for further replies.