• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

New Powerful Painkiller Has Drug Abuse Experts Worried

One thing that's good about the Canadian drug schedules is that it doesn't matter if your prescribing tylenol#3's or fentanyl they still get looked at the same. Though even the most script happy doctor will think twice of prescribing dilaudid sadly. Hydrocodone is rarely prescribed here and it's not used for pain it's only used for coughs. I haven't had a chance to try it but i wouldn't mind trying a different opiate especially since besides heroin this is one of the few common opiates i haven't tried.

You'd obviously love it.
Doesn't ~10% of hydrocodone convert to hydromorphone via first pass metab?

I agree; as a chronic pain patient too, and being 27 years old, many (all I've met) will not give me anything greater than Norco. I find Dilaudid works amazing, but until a M.D. will write a Rx for me, Hydrocodone will have to do. This is great for me, at least until I find a doc who doesn't equate young with abuser.

everywhere on the internet I'm seeing people assume that this is already being sold. It's not. It may actually never be sold. Or if it's sold, it may be as scarce as Xyrem (prescription GHB). I wish people (not here) would stop being paranoid about a coming junkie apocalypse cuz the hysteria is gonna severely limit access to powerful painkillers for those who need them. Shit is getting crazy. Yesterday I talked to a doctor who says he's started prescribing nothing stronger than NSAIDs as painkillers--the fucker won't even prescribe tramadol any more.

btw I took 150 mgs of DXM the other day and all my pain was suddenly gone. I mean gone. I couldn't fucking believe it. My back wasn't hurting, nor my knees, nor my hip, nor my feet (I run six miles a day and am pretty banged up). I haven't felt so much pain relief even from IV heroin. What's up with that?

^ NMDA antagonism is a strange thing. Enough of it and you could lift a car and feel fine. They're called dissociatives for a reason! ;)

^ NMDA antagonism is a strange thing. Enough of it and you could lift a car and feel fine. They're called dissociatives for a reason! ;)

it also gets metabolized into dextrorphan, which acts as a calcium channel blocker (besides being a potent PCP type NMDA antagonist). I wish I had the opportunity to try straight dextrorphan.

Senator warns FDA on danger of newest painkillers

ALBANY, N.Y. — Following fatal shootings in two New York pharmacy robberies, a U.S. senator is warning that a new batch of "super painkillers" now under review could force repeats of recent violent robberies that left six people dead.

"It's tremendously concerning that at the same time policymakers and law enforcement professionals are waging a war on the growing prescription drug crisis, new super-drugs could well be on their way, flooding the market," said Sen. Charles Schumer, D-N.Y. "The FDA needs to grab the reins and slow down the stampede to introduce these powerful narcotics."

A message seeking comment from the Food and Drug Administration was not immediately returned Friday.

http://online.wsj.com/article/AP15d1cc7121b0410eae04667553cf1901.html

I awlways preferred vics over the percs ..low tolerance ..and I always thought the hydro was a cleaner buz

I guess alcohol & tobacco is a safer way to go............geez to we have our focus on drugs out of wack.............how many people die from alcohol & tobacco every year.......too many!

In my area people suck on roxies like candy anyway, and aren't even aware that the 8 vicodin they just took had apap in them. Do you help not-so-bright people not kill their liver or let natural selection do its work? But yeah, for serious pain, there should be a higher dose version of Hydro without APAP. I don't see why not. Its usually less "alluring" to people than oxy anyway, its not gonna take the place of roxies (and the old oc's and sometimes opana)

Well It's looking like this new form wont be approved. They say it prevents future addiction.What a crock of shit
APAP does nothing but fuck up livers. Anyone who uses vic's as a recreational drug generally don't give a fuck about
bum livers. I know if im sick and have 20 hydro's I'm taking em all in a handful, completely disregarding harm reduction methods
like CWE. These "experts" dont know shit. IMO.

Greeting pill indulge team. I just wanted to share what i have to say about this new Power Pill(Zohydro). I've read a few of you'r comments and i am baffled by a lot of them. A lot of you are already saying that it sucks without even trying it(you can't say that because it's not even out yet) so how would you know if it's "good" or bad? Anyways, what I wanted to say is from my personal experience of being a patient in pain management for over 7 years I myself think Zohydro will be powerful. Why? well because I myself am on over 240-MG of Codone/eine per day(OxyContin/OpanaIR/) and yes i have taken "Roxys" for over 5 years. I can vouch by saying that being on such a high dosage of the "powerful" stuff that when I've only taken Norco 10/325(3-4) it helped a lot with my pain and gave me a great buzz. In other words, if I am on such of a high dosage of the "Oxy" products, when I take Norco's I am able to perform just as many task and enjoy myself trough out the day just as much as I am when I'm on the "Oxy" products. So, why do you people think a pure Hydrocodone would "suck" or "meh"? I highly highly doubt it(i just explained why)

Anyways that's what I wanted to say and Remember, I myself am a pain management patient on just as high dosages of "Oxys" as you people are, if not higher.

Last edited:
how can hydrocodone be the 2nd most abused drug in the united states? in North east TN we get subs if blues are unavailable

how can hydrocodone be the 2nd most abused drug in the united states? in North east TN we get subs if blues are unavailable

think of it this way, when you get introduced to opiods you usually start out with Hydro and after much and much abuse you move up to the Oxy-Tree.

think of it this way, when you get introduced to opiods you usually start out with Hydro and after much and much abuse you move up to the Oxy-Tree.

Hydrocodone is only prescribed for coughs in Canada and that's pretty rare but it is hydrocodone only pills and syrup usually but some rare brands have anti-histamines and decongestants in them. So usually the opiate you take first that here that's stronger then codeine is oxycodone unless you get a doctor that still prescribes Demerol. Methadone is a really popular street drug in some of the more seedier places here so often kids jump right to that. So pretty much you go to a strong opiate right away as noone bothers abusing codeine here unless they are dopesick. I didn't really run into any trouble until i started shooting those oh so lovely name brand dilaudid 4mg's. Over 3 years later and i can slam 54mg's of hydromorphone ffs. Route of administration definitely plays a part. Usually people here don't really start worrying about you till your slamming dillys or morphine everyday.

I do love the stuff but sometimes i wish i had just stuck to eating morphine and oxys and stayed away from dilaudid altogether.