• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin filter

missmurder

Bluelighter
Do you have to use a little piece of cotton to filter your heroin on IV use, or can you just draw it up sans filter?

U could just not use a filter.. I never do.. Or you could use a small piece of cigerette filter.. that works well..

yes! you always want to use a filter of some kind. a micron filter would be the best choice but not everyone is able to go out and buy a pack of them. a rolled up piece of cotton works well ive found. you always want to filter your dope before you shoot it.

obviously injecting street drugs isnt the best idea, but if you are going to do it make sure and filter before you slam it home...never know what types of material could be in there. better safe than sorry...a cotton filter works pretty well and its better than nothing.

JamieTO said:
U could just not use a filter.. I never do.. Or you could use a small piece of cigerette filter.. that works well..

Not filtering street drugs is an incredibly stupid thing to do. You have no idea what it's been cut with, and the types of infections that can arise from doing so (even despite filtering sometimes) are fucking horrid. Just for fun, look up endocarditis. Such an appealing infection, really 8)

I just don't get what filtering does. I'm using a 30g needle, so its not like I'm going to be sucking anything large and solid up. Anything soluble would get in through there anyway. I don't see cotton having any antibiotic properties.

can't do any harm to use a filter... beter safe than sory... not that the filter will make shooting dope "safe"... but mite as well

i use cig filters when im desperate but iv also read that the tiny coarse fibers of cotton fuck up bad and can cause nasty clots more likely. I use a piece of Q tip cotton or a little piece from a cotton ball, although a micron filter is a lot better & cleaner its not always convenient. The cig cotton again, is treated and the fibers are different they kinda feel a lot more brittle too then say a qtip or cotton ball cotton.

missmurder: you probably are injecting small small grains of sand, dirt, glass and a lot of other crap i wont name, you might just find out though for yourself eventually so good luck. Also, area and quality are big factors in this too, if your an east coaster like me we dont needa heat our H or anything like that since its already easily injectable. Sorry for the double post every1, GOD!

I always use a filter, don't get me wrong. I'm just wondering if it is as necessary as I have always been taught.

yep anytime i have ever ivd i used a piece of cotton ball or cotton from Qtips.
this is when i'ving black tar

I ALWAYS use a filter, actually I found the best filters are tampax, it may sound funny but once I was with a girl and didn't have any cotton os she gave me a tampax and it's just like dental cotton and each one of them comes sealed so it's as sterile as you can get. Sometimes if I'm shooting pills or "dirty:" stuff and don't have a micron filter . I first do a filtering with a 10ml syringe, put coffee filters cut in the diametr of th rig and then cotton and the coffee filter then cotton again till you are about the 5ml mark, then insert the liquid with other syring in the back of the 10ml rig, push the plunger and get it on a spoon, then grab another piece of cotton and use it as a filter, so you're filtering twice.

I know thois is time consuming, so shen I do coke sometimes I just put like 2 grams in 2-3ml and do that techqnique and end up with enough liquid to fill about 10-12 syringes, it's very comfoprtable not having to cook the shot when you're all shaky and fiending for more, anyway. Always filter, and yeah cotton from tampons are the best thing to use as a filter if you can't get pharm grade sterile cotton, and also don't use cigarette butts cotton, it has other fibers and chemicals in it, not good.

How do you draw the liquid up through a cigarrette filter?
I tried it a couple of times and what happened was the liquid got absorbed in the filter and I lost most of the shot.
So what is the correct way to filter using a cigarrette filter?
How much of the filter should I use for best results?

You just tear a very tiny piece of the cig filter and roll it into a small ball.

stick to tampons....they are easier to get than dent dental cotton or sterile pre-packaged little cotton swabs, they are sterile prepackaged and you get like 20 of them for a buck...best cotton filters I´ve found, I had some leftover filters wrapped in foil inside of a ziploc, I had been shooting coke, and I knew there was enough there for a cotton shot, but I got scared of cotton fever and the foil/ziploc not having been sterile enough so I put the cottons inside some vodka and drank the shit...it worked as far as numbing my mouth and alertness goes, I´ve heard of people saving their filters inside ziplocs and such, but isn´t that way too dangerous? I mean a lot of bacterias could grow in there in a couple of days, just opening-closing the baggie is violating is´t sterility...so what´s the fuss about cotton shots (I know it´s low, but hey desperation comes with the territory), so how do you go on about that? should I use individual baggies next time and put them in the fridge, or it´s just a way too risky endeavour for just a shot?

tampon filters

i had the same idea and thought it would be great for all the reasons you named, but the damn thing sucked up almost all my dope! then i thought, well, that makes sense, since they're designed to be really "absorbant" -- maybe i should give it another try - maybe i just used too much? i'm used to useing q-tips because they are already so tightly bound....

The Young Geezer said:
I ALWAYS use a filter, actually I found the best filters are tampax, it may sound funny but once I was with a girl and didn't have any cotton os she gave me a tampax and it's just like dental cotton and each one of them comes sealed so it's as sterile as you can get. Sometimes if I'm shooting pills or "dirty:" stuff and don't have a micron filter . I first do a filtering with a 10ml syringe, put coffee filters cut in the diametr of th rig and then cotton and the coffee filter then cotton again till you are about the 5ml mark, then insert the liquid with other syring in the back of the 10ml rig, push the plunger and get it on a spoon, then grab another piece of cotton and use it as a filter, so you're filtering twice.

I know thois is time consuming, so shen I do coke sometimes I just put like 2 grams in 2-3ml and do that techqnique and end up with enough liquid to fill about 10-12 syringes, it's very comfoprtable not having to cook the shot when you're all shaky and fiending for more, anyway. Always filter, and yeah cotton from tampons are the best thing to use as a filter if you can't get pharm grade sterile cotton, and also don't use cigarette butts cotton, it has other fibers and chemicals in it, not good.

You just tear a very tiny piece of the cig filter and roll it into a small ball.

Where Are you suppose to put the cig filter at? In the syringe or in the spoon where the mixture is?

mukant666 said:
Where Are you suppose to put the cig filter at? In the syringe or in the spoon where the mixture is?

You drop it into the spoon, in the solution and then stick the needle into it and draw up. When the filter hits the soltuion it will become saturated and you can draw up your solution from it.

Dental cotton is the best. Then micron. If not, a piece of a cotton swab, ball or tampon. Only use a cigarette filter as a last resort. It contains fiberglass and could be dangerous. try not to rinse your cotton when feinding, but weve all probably done it.

the one night train to the cotton shot express, oh the memories.. Anyone experience cotton fever?!