View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 25I-NBOMe Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe you're onto something with this mescaline/25I combo, Tregar. I've never had actual visions of objects, like landscapes or structures, with any hallucinogen. All I ever got was patterning. This combo may be a unique thing. In the Ray article "Profiles of Drugs" it shows that 5-MeO-MIPT and related tryptamines have a higher 5-HTa1 figure than Mescaline so it may be even better;

5-MeO-MIPT: 4.00 5ht1a, 3.79 5ht7, 3.74 5ht1d, 3.32 5ht2b, 2.98 5ht6, 2.85 Alpha2A, 2.61 5ht1b, 2.44 5ht2a, 2.29 Alpha2C, 2.15 Imidazoline1, 2.13 Sigma2, 2.11 5ht5a, 1.86 Alpha2B, 1.75 5ht2c, 1.70 D3, 1.55 5ht1e, 1.41 H1, 1.29 D4, 1.28 SERT; 0.00: D2, Alpha1B, D5, D1, Beta2, NET, DAT, Sigma1, Beta1, DOR, KOR, MOR, M1, M2, M3, M4, M5, Alpha1A, H2, CB2, NMDA, Ca+Channel; ND: CB1

Mescaline: 4.00 Alpha2C, 3.97 5ht2b, 3.61 5ht1a, 3.44 Imidazoline1, 3.16 5ht1e, 2.92 Alpha2A; 0.00: 5ht2a, 5ht2c, 5ht6, 5ht1d, D1, D2, D3, D4, D5, Alpha1A, Alpha1B, 5ht5a, Alpha2B, 5ht7, Beta1, Beta2, SERT, DAT, NET, 5ht1b, Sigma1, Sigma2, DOR, KOR, MOR, M1, M2, M3, M4, M5, H1, H2, CB2, CB1, Ca+Channel, NMDA

The methoxy tryptamines are still available as research chemicals in some countries and less is required than mescaline, something like 5 milligrams oral.

Regardless of that information, 5-meo-dmt would be a lackluster combination for visuals in my opinion. It's so visually dull, There's not a lot beyond white beaming light, even when I mixed it with DPT the 5-meo-dmt just made everything brighter.

I see. I guess mescaline is the thing then. I won't be trying the NBOMe for a while anyway, because it appears that what I bought was bunk. The company seemed legit. They sent something in a plastic vial with labeling and MSDS and everything, only it clearly wasn't an amine salt because when I tried to convert it to the phosphate salt the original substance didn't even form an oil when basified, nothing got extracted and nothing crystallized when phosphoric acid was added. It must have been common salt or sugar. I thought it looked awfully grainy in the vial. PEA's aren't usually grainy but more of a fine powder. With this stuff I could see little cubical crystals, much like salt or sugar. I'm assuming NBOMe doesn't really look like that. The lesson, make the smallest possible order to test a company out first. I'm way too trusting, apparently, and got sucked in by a sale price for larger quantity. Nothing serious, but enough to tick me off. As it is now, I have no reliable source for NBOMe, just 2C-X and tryptamines. I'll come back to the thread if I ever do get some real NBOMe. It is kind of a troublesome substance to deal with anyway, from what I've read so far.

With this stuff I could see little cubical crystals, much like salt or sugar. I'm assuming NBOMe doesn't really look like that.
That is the exact appearance of a pure substance, as a hydrochloride. Sugar-like colourless crystals. And the crystalline form is itself a sign of purity, powder - is not. Why do you assume PEAs don't look like crystals? I have most of them in a crystalline form, because I like them to be pure. DOC, for example, also like to form sugar-like cubes. Though most of them prefer to crystallise as needles or leaves.

Why do you wish to attribute that to 2C-B-NBOMe only? I'd rather attribute this to NBOMes in general, any other NBOMe structure could possibly cause such reaction, not just 25B.

Last edited:
Your failure to obtain it in the form of phosphate might be due to inadequate technique used, not due to the substance being a bunk as you say. I don't know how skilled you are in this, and not sure if this discussion is allowed by the rules of the board. Phosphates may be tricky to crystallise. NBOMes act as PTC's (phase transfer catalysts) chemically, which means they are quite soluble in almost any organic solvent except aliphatic hydrocarbons even in ionic form (as salts), especially in chloroorganics. As salts, they may be easily extracted from a solution in water with such things as chlorophorm or methylene chloride.

They shouldn't necessarily look as an oil in a freebase form. I think these may actually be solid at room temp, though I never cared to try to obtain them in a freebase form.

True that it's possible that the NBOM is a grainy crystal, but it would certainly form an oil when basified. This substance that I got could not be an amine salt. Anyway, I'll take it as a wakeup call. I was getting a little carried away with this Research Chemicals thing. I tried the 2C-I today that I got recently. I thought it might be an improvement over the 2C-E that I had already tried. It was slightly less objectionable, but not by much. There always seems to be a price to pay with the PEA's and it just isn't an overall rewarding experience for me. I guess seeing pretty patterns isn't really going to do me much good anyway, when you think about it. Not really worth one second of discomfort. To each his own, but the psychedelics just don't seem to be working for me. I'm just giving money away to unscrupulous people and not really getting much benefit out of it. I guess Cannabis really is the only good thing on earth.

True that it's possible that the NBOM is a grainy crystal, but it would certainly form an oil when basified.
They shouldn't necessarily look as an oil when basified. Depending on the quantity of the substance, it may actually look as a clear solution, or slightly turbid solution. You weren't working with grams, right? Then why are you so certain there should be an oil?

There always seems to be a price to pay with the PEA's and it just isn't an overall rewarding experience for me. I guess seeing pretty patterns isn't really going to do me much good anyway, when you think about it. Not really worth one second of discomfort. To each his own, but the psychedelics just don't seem to be working for me. I'm just giving money away to unscrupulous people and not really getting much benefit out of it. I guess Cannabis really is the only good thing on earth.
You are clearly messing with the wrong chems now. I suggest you to look at tryptamines instead, perhaps try DMT if you haven't done that already. Psychedelics in general are not about "seeing pretty patterns". What a shame. Though 2C-X doesn't get you much further than that, it's true.

Why do you wish to attribute that to 2C-B-NBOMe only? I'd rather attributed it to NBOMes in general, any other NBOMe structure could possibly cause such reaction, not just 25B.
Why do you think I wished to attribute it only to 25B from that quote? My intent was to make a cautionary note it for a poster claiming to have 25B who expressed uncertainty about it . The only older reports of using 25B that I know of come from your small group. At the same time, so far as I know your report of a person stopping breathing is the only such report of a reaction like that to any of the NBOMes, despite the fact that the number of people who have tried 25C and 25I by now may be 1000 fold greater than the number who have tried 25B. So that seems like a good reason to make special mention of it even if other popular NBOMes may have the potential to kill some at relatively common doses.

I'd say four milligrams is not a "relatively common" dose. This is too much, even for me.

Mixing it with 2c-i or 2c-e would not work the same because neither of those synthetic psychedelics hit the 5-HT1 receptors, 2c-e only very very very lightly hits the 5-HT1 receptors, so it won't help much. What we are lacking with the nbome is only that it needs something to go along with it that hits the 5-HT1A and 5-HT1E receptors
This shows 2C-E as having significant activity at those receptors.

Naw, this was totally bunk right here. I could tell by the way it poured out of the vial, just like salt. PEA's aren't like that. 2C-I is sort of flaky and 2C-E is chalky but neither of them can be poured like salt. Those mofos probably ran out of the real stuff long ago, if they ever had it. 2C-E converted perfectly to the phosphate. There's no way you can miss it, when you pour in the 85% phosphoric it clouds right up and keeps getting thicker with white precipitate. With this stuff, nothing happened at all on addition of the acid and when evaporated the only weight remaining was of the phosphoric acid I had put in. Literally nothing got extracted from the basified solution. I got bunked on this one, simple as that. It happens. I thought it was a little odd when they replied to my messages on the weekend. None of those companies are open on weekends, SOB's.

BTW, the 2C-I trip got better with time, and after I ate something and smoked something. Tasted like crap when I mixed it with water to take it though. 2C-E phosphate was tasteless when mixed with a similar amount of water. I wanted to see what the normal HCL form of 2C-I would be like before I try to convert it. Pretty heinous, as it turns out. Guess I better convert it.

True that it's possible that the NBOM is a grainy crystal, but it would certainly form an oil when basified. This substance that I got could not be an amine salt. Anyway, I'll take it as a wakeup call. I was getting a little carried away with this Research Chemicals thing. I tried the 2C-I today that I got recently. I thought it might be an improvement over the 2C-E that I had already tried. It was slightly less objectionable, but not by much. There always seems to be a price to pay with the PEA's and it just isn't an overall rewarding experience for me. I guess seeing pretty patterns isn't really going to do me much good anyway, when you think about it. Not really worth one second of discomfort. To each his own, but the psychedelics just don't seem to be working for me. I'm just giving money away to unscrupulous people and not really getting much benefit out of it. I guess Cannabis really is the only good thing on earth.

Actually, wrong! I have NBOMe-2C-C in two freebase forms. The only difference between the two is how they were purified after synthesis - more specifically, the solvent used to dissolve them and how it was removed. One is a viscous oil, and the other is a waxy white powder. My hydrochloride salts made from both forms is identical, fluffy white needle crystals that snap cleanly and have a fishscale sheen. The qualitative effects are also identical.

Erny said:
I'd say four milligrams is not a "relatively common" dose. This is too much, even for me.
Well, that's why I qualified it by saying "relatively," and don't suggest that it's just outright common. Someone who has experienced the rapid tolerance development of something like 25C (which you've noted in the past) could easily take 4 mg or near it IIRC in one session, making a plausible case for it being relatively common in redose situations (I have dosed 4mg IM with 25C over the course of a day, though my typical dosage to start is within the common range -- 1 mg). I agree that 4 mg is a high dose of either 25C or 25I to take all at once without tolerance for most.

But I'm curious about what you said in post #144:
30 mgs of that same 2C-B-NBOMe didn't kill me, but 4 mgs may kill you if you're unlucky to be as sensitive as that person.
I thought maybe you dosed that high by accident (EDIT: I was right, presumably you mixed up 25B with another drug? see EDIT below) or something and overdosed, but then I searched and found this post by you from 2008.
The largest per os assay was with 30 mg NBOMe-2C-B. It gave a light +1/2 by Shulgin scale, only little stronger than 3 mg per os that can also be felt as a +/- threshold. And it could have been the adsorption through the mucous membrane. There are very few literary reports. The most detailed are about overdoses.
So you did it orally at 30 mg? Why then, do you mention the 30 mg dose in post #144 without saying so? That seems like a pretty critical detail when you're talking about near death experience (not to mention you were arguing why 4 mg might kill a person when oral administration wasn't even under consideration in the argument forwarded by the poster you were arguing against). I don't think many who read of your 30 mg survival experience in this post #144 imagined it was an oral dose because you compare it to the 4 mg overdose at the same time in order to stress diversity of sensitivity in dosing. Is there a reason it's surprising you didn't overdose using an ROA thought to be inactive for NBOMes? On the 25C (part 2) thread's first page administration is listed as "strictly parenteral," and that's the clear consensus perception regarding NBOMes based on reading through posts. In fact, that you felt 3 mg oral and 30 mg oral were both about threshold suggests placebo effect at first glance, unless, that is, the 4 mg dose that caused that man to stop breathing was taken orally as well. It wasn't, was it?

EDIT:
Apropos of this, 2 mg of NBOMe-2C-I or B can lead to a confusion and/or delirious state, and as little as 4 mg can kill you. This is not an average lethal dose, rather it can be lethal for a sensitive person. I am not one of these, as I have actually overdosed myself by error with 30 mg NBOMe-2C-B once. Not only I am alive, but had no consequences of it at all. But I am certainly not the person to follow the example of.

Last edited:
I've got over a gram of 25I-NBOMe and I wanted to know how different ROAs compare before I divide what I have and prepare a solution with stable pH with some of it and mix with glucose some to put it into pills.

I'm wondering if anyone injected it intravenously. I did a few 4-substituted 2,5-dimethoxyPEAs and 4-substituted 2,5-dimethoxyAs. They're more harsh on veins than tryptamines but nonetheless it's doable. I can start very low, my balance readability is 0.1mcg. I want to get dissociated somehow from the reality and I'm tapering down methadone and I broke myself once so I don't want to do it again and end up with a rig in my vein and barrel loaded with some pentamorphone or whatever.

Also, is there a big problem with falling asleep after it wears off? I know there are some trip reports in here but I'm quite sensitive to anything stimulating especially now as I get anxious without a serious reason due to benzodiazepine addiction and it's been some time since I've done some psychedelics. I've got brotizolam and etizolam from hypnotics, I just need to test them alone substituting my one clonazepam dose with 3 doses of each throughout the day to see how much brotizolam/etizolam is equal to e.g. 1mg of clonazepam (well, I've got barbiturates as well but I don't want to use them, I never did as an aid to chill out after a heavy psychedelic experience).

Thought I should contribute some small info on 25b-nbome. Just started testing with the 25b over the weekend. I found sublingual and insufflation to be the best ROA. Oral(with liquid) just doesn't work well for this compound. 2-3mg sublingual dose was very meditating and chill. Didn't notice much visual. Tried 4-5mg two days later and there were strong visual effects. It was much gentler come up than 2c-e in terms of body load n etc. I know my doses look higher than norm here but again my 25b has impurity of 40-60% dextrose. Will give it a go again in two weeks and maybe I can write a detailed trip report in the proper section then.

Edit: Oops just realized there is small and fancy 25B-MBOMe thread. Mods can move this post there if needed.

Last edited:
Why don't you put this in the 25b thread? I'm not sure why all of this 25b discussion is happening in the 25i thread lol

So you did it orally at 30 mg? Why then, do you mention the 30 mg dose in post #144 without saying so? That seems like a pretty critical detail when you're talking about near death experience (not to mention you were arguing why 4 mg might kill a person when oral administration wasn't even under consideration in the argument forwarded by the poster you were arguing against). I don't think many who read of your 30 mg survival experience in this post #144 imagined it was an oral dose because you compare it to the 4 mg overdose at the same time in order to stress diversity of sensitivity in dosing. Is there a reason it's surprising you didn't overdose using an ROA thought to be inactive for NBOMes? On the 25C (part 2) thread's first page administration is listed as "strictly parenteral," and that's the clear consensus perception regarding NBOMes based on reading through posts. In fact, that you felt 3 mg oral and 30 mg oral were both about threshold suggests placebo effect at first glance, unless, that is, the 4 mg dose that caused that man to stop breathing was taken orally as well. It wasn't, was it?

Not only this, but if the reason that these NBOMe compounds are orally inactive truly is due to N-debenzylation in first-pass metabolism (something I myself do not believe, rather suspecting it to be ADME/pharmacokinetic effects like Erny first suggested), then 30mg of 25B should have caused more than a +/- on the Shulgin Scale.

Why? Because 30mg 25B-hydrochloride is equivalent to 21.35mg of 2C-B hydrochloride (71.99 micromoles, if you'd like to verify this yourselves, the MW of those compounds being 416.74 and 296.59 g/mol-1 respectively). Anyone don't try telling me that 21.35mg of 2C-B HCl would cause only a +/- reaction..!

Actually, wrong! I have NBOMe-2C-C in two freebase forms. The only difference between the two is how they were purified after synthesis - more specifically, the solvent used to dissolve them and how it was removed. One is a viscous oil, and the other is a waxy white powder. My hydrochloride salts made from both forms is identical, fluffy white needle crystals that snap cleanly and have a fishscale sheen. The qualitative effects are also identical.

Thank you. What I got was not needles but cubes, so obviously not NBOMe. I looked at it with a magnifying glass and it was like salt grains. I would have noticed needles for sure. I contacted the supplier and he maintained that it was real. Maybe he got a bad batch and didn't know it, though I'm sure someone would have brought it to his attention. He says he's getting a new batch this week so maybe I'll try the smallest possible order.

Was everybody's NBOMe white needles?

Last edited:
Thank you. What I got was not needles but cubes, so obviously not NBOMe. I looked at it with a magnifying glass and it was like salt grains. I would have noticed needles for sure. I contacted the supplier and he maintained that it was real. Maybe he got a bad batch and didn't know it, though I'm sure someone would have brought it to his attention. He says he's getting a new batch this week so maybe I'll try the smallest possible order.

Was everybody's NBOMe white needles?

No, depends on the compound and how it was crystallized. I've seen 25I hydrochloride (verified, highly active sublingually at 400 ug) that was granular, like sugar crystals. Erny is right that the NBOMes have very different solubilities than the 2C-Xs, so crystallization requires different conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.