• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

peak plasma level understanding - klonopin

murph29

Greenlighter
just parachuted 34mg klonopin....kpins have a slower onset than say, xanax, with a peak plasma level of about 3-4 hours....does this mean i will feel the full effects of the klonopin 4 hours after ingestion? i also loaded with 400mg tagamet 45 minutes before taking the kpins. thanks, trying to understand what peak plasma means in terms of full effects of the drugs and when i will be most impaired lol

34mg, dafuq, I hope that's a typo.

But yeah, clonaz effects are gonna peak after about 3 hours. You'll start feeling the effects before that, though due to subtle effects of benzos, it'll be probably be quite hard to tell when you're actually peaking.

Yes peak plasma levels should be when you feel the greatest effects from the drugs, as this is when the concentration in your blood is highest. However, it also depends what the threshold concentration is and if there is a ceiling or not - ie if the threshold is low, you will feel the drugs sooner even when the concentration is low, and if there is a threshold then above a certain concentration you won't get any higher. In this scenario you might reach maximum effects before you reach maximum plasma levels.

You will certainly start to feel the clonazepam before 3-4 hours and in my experience after an hour or two I am as benzo'd as I am going to get - YMMV however :)

34mg?? Do you have a high tolerance?

edit: ninja nAON!

ya i had been taking 10 30g temazepams for a few days in a row and my xanax tolerance requires me to take at least 10-15mg to get fucked up

and no, 34mg kpins was not a typo lol....i took 400mg cimetidine 45 min prior, parachuted the 34mg kpins and took another 200mg cimetidine an hour after taking the kpins.....i dont have any euphoric head buzz, but when i walk i can definitely feel like im swaying, but for some reason i remain perfectly coherent despite the high dose of klonopin....maybe its time to take a break lol

also, i find klonopin to not be anywhere near as euphoric as valium but it still fucks you up in high enough doses

Last edited:
Cimetidine inhibits seveal Cytrochrome 450 enzymes in the liver including CYP-34A which is responsible for metabolising many benzos including clonazepam. This means that the clonazepam plasma levels will remain higher for longer, as the drug is removed more slowly.

Clonazepam generally kicks in within 30-60 minutes and time to reach peak plasma levels depends on the individuals metabolism rate, any drug interactions, and other factors. Generally speaking though, peak plasma levels with clonazepam are reached within 3-4 hours after ingestion in a healthy adult human. This is a long-acting benzo so this is to be expected. If we take into account different metabolism rates and possible drug interactions, the general range for clonazepam to reach peak plasma levels is between 1-4 hours.

ya i had been taking 10 30g temazepams for a few days in a row and my xanax tolerance requires me to take at least 10-15mg to get fucked up

and no, 34mg kpins was not a typo lol....i took 400mg cimetidine 45 min prior, parachuted the 34mg kpins and took another 200mg cimetidine an hour after taking the kpins.....i dont have any euphoric head buzz, but when i walk i can definitely feel like im swaying, but for some reason i remain perfectly coherent despite the high dose of klonopin....maybe its time to take a break lol

also, i find klonopin to not be anywhere near as euphoric as valium but it still fucks you up in high enough doses
if you take a break, please do it carefully. i recommend gently tapering off the dose over half a week, or your brain will be zapped.

if you take a break, please do it carefully. i recommend gently tapering off the dose over half a week, or your brain will be zapped.

luckily i only take them sporadically so W/Ds shouldnt be an issue....i went on like a 3 day klonopin binge so i dont think i'll seizure or W/D at all.....i used to take 120 bars a month and quit cold turkey after an OD and never experienced any W/Ds

but i appreciate the concern!

how weird. when i went on klonopin and got off xanax, it took 40mins to kick in. now that i been on klonopin for over a year, i feel the effects within 5-10mins just like xanax, the effects are almost identical to xanax but last much longer. klonopin has a very ling half life and builds up in ur system, so skipping a day u wont notice withdrawl unlike xanax does. its a great benzo, best IMO

dont worry, you shouldnt experience the horrible withdrawl from benzos unless you take them everyday, for a period of atleast longer than 2 weeks. withdrawl can set in within 1-3days after last use. u will notice extreme agitation, rebound anxiety, pounding heart, headaches, no sleep, and hallucinations (when i went to jail i had a 3 bar a day habit, and didnt know it was addictive, so wo i went into withdrawl not even realizing it was from drugs, i hallucainted for DAYS after i lost 5 days of sleep, thought the FEDS were busting me in jail, inmates were trying to kill me, guards were trying to kill me. i mostly heard shit, like a guard walky talky, or people just talking but not knowing from where. i had to be admitted to the hospital from detox, i swear if the jail didnt put me on suicide watch i prolly would of committed suicide to prevent all the guards. inmates. etc from trying to BRUTALLY KILL Me as i hallucinated..benzo withdrawl is NOT FUN

luckily i only take them sporadically so W/Ds shouldnt be an issue....i went on like a 3 day klonopin binge so i dont think i'll seizure or W/D at all.....i used to take 120 bars a month and quit cold turkey after an OD and never experienced any W/Ds

but i appreciate the concern!