• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Taking adderall sublingually?

mrezt

Bluelighter
Hi there,

I've already researched this and came up with a couple results but nothing that really satisfied me (i prefer to research the hell out of drugs/methods before i do them).

I have an adderall (instant release), and i'm planning on taking it a little later on today. I usually take them orally whenever i have them, but want to know if taking it by sublingual administration is more beneficial. I also do not want to snort the pill or plug it. So some questions:

1) Is taking adderall sublingually more beneficial than just swallowing it?

2) If i take the pill sublingually will the effects not last as long (as taking it orally)? Also, will it kick in faster?

3) Will things like stomach acidity, food, etc be as much as a factor?

4) I'm assuming the method with IR pills is to just put the whole pill under my tongue, try to ignore the awful taste until it's mostly dissolved correct? If the method requires crushing up the pill and then putting under my tongue I think i might have a problem not accidentally swallowing it

Anyways, if anyone can answer any of these questions i would appreciate it :)

1. Yes. I'd say it is at least 2x stronger than oral adminstration, if not more. It is a smoother high (snorting and the like would be very erratic) and has the least comedown out of all the ROAs in my opinion.

2. It will last just as long if not longer than oral. It will kick in faster, within 20 mins or so.

3. No.

4. Yes. Once you have saliva gathered and cannot taste it anymore, that is the time to swallow. It will almost all be absorbed by that point. The method of turning it into liquid is really never used and I don't really see the point, though I've tried it. You have less of an idea of how much has been absorbed.

Thanks, seems as though the sublingual route has a lot of positives according to your post, i'll test for myself a bit later

3) Will things like stomach acidity, food, etc be as much as a factor?
Yes, a low stomach pH metabolizes amphetamine quicker. For the oral ROA, for the sublingual one, no (because you are bypassing the stomach).

That is, if amphetamine can be taken sublingually, I haven't heard of anyone doing that, and have not tried it myself.

yea that's how i've always taken adderall when i take it orally..never swallowed it. it kicks in almost instantly

i love the taste tho

Tried it and i'm a fan. Kicked in faster (felt something almost instantly and then the main effects started 20min after i put it in my mouth). Felt more effects than if i would have just swallowed it, and it's been smooth

Yea, this definately works, only problem is I had those generic 10mg ones, so my mouth and teeth turned blue.

^ haha! As kids we used to choose candy specifically for their ability to turn our tongues bright orange or dark blue...

Bumping this thread to ask another question.

While it's too late now (already under my tongue) i wanted to know, for further reference, is there a specific spot under the tongue that is more effective when taking a pill sublingually?

I presume this works in the same way with d-amph a la Dexedrine? Such as 10mg IR pills? They're generic (WA state law requires the use of generics whenever possible and you have to try generics before you (would) try brand names) and I have done this. It's generally so smooth that I don't know how to quantify it (yet), but do not want to talk to doc about it as I'm at 30mg IR / 3 10s a day and it's a full 30 day supply none of that 28 day bullshit, 90 pills a month is pretty good and though some studies can prove amphetamine is 'neurotoxic' (such a misused word) at doses as low as 15 (I would cite but I'm not gonna bother, it was about adderall and most ppl probably remember it anyway) mgs. Other studies have put that at 40mgs so 30 a day is probably not bad considering I don't drink.

Not trying to turn this in to my life's story though I will admit I am trying this if not now then in the immediate future and typing helps my damaged ulnar nerve ironically enough though I learned dvorak. Run on sentence king of the universe?

hmm this is the first time ive heard of sublingual administration for addy
ive only taken it orally thus far, but im going to give this a try

can someone clear this up for me though -- Are we supposed to just take the entire pill, put it beneath our tongue, and just let it sit until it completely dissolves?

thanks

Can you sublingualy administer dextroamphetamine ?

I'd like to try this aswell but I can only get d-amp
and not adderall :-(

^^ I would believe so.
Back when I was into amp's I would use them by any & all routes.
I recall using sublingual & it working good.
Of note though back then I would even grind the shit up & put it in my chicken soup so I wouldn't miss a dose even if sick.
So my memory of that time period may be a bit off, amp psychosis & such. :\
It works great with adderall though as sublingual is my preferred ROA for that pill.
As for the Dexedrine as I said I recall it working & considering the ingredients I see no reason why it wouldn't.
Been years since I got my hand's on any dex though so my experience with that is not recent.

^^ I would believe so.
Back when I was into amp's I would use them by any & all routes.
I recall using sublingual & it working good.
Of note though back then I would even grind the shit up & put it in my chicken soup so I wouldn't miss a dose even if sick.
So my memory of that time period may be a bit off, amp psychosis & such. :\
It works great with adderall though as sublingual is my preferred ROA for that pill.
As for the Dexedrine as I said I recall it working & considering the ingredients I see no reason why it wouldn't.
Been years since I got my hand's on any dex though so my experience with that is not recent.

hey, do you mind elaborating on how to take the adderall sublingually?

thanks

wow I didn't think adderall would work sublingually? ?

Is it water solvable? or does that even matter cause eventually sublingual WILL be swallowed anyway?

Awful taste come on...it tastes like candy. For me even tylenol extract is not that bad.
Ever tried tasting oregano or Melaleuca oil? That kinda bothers me a little ^.^