• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids A "potentiation" tip for those who snort dilaudid

vv7

Greenlighter
I've been taking dilaudid for a while and get a bunch of the 8mg's for my chronic pain. For a while i would snort 8 of those things a day, sometimes 2 at a time and just get kinda high.... i never understood what the problem was because i was snorting 16mg of fucking dilaudid and just getting kinda high, until i discovered a method of snorting those things and with one of them, would get 10 times as high as i would when i just snorted 16mg at once in a thick line....
Instead of making one 6" line, i now make five 8-10" super thin lines and snort them 3-5 minutes apart from each other.... try it, and i guarantee you that you will be nodding off way harder that if you just snort the pill quickly.... in an 4 or 8 mg pill theres just way too much powder for your nose to absorb at once... this obviously will work with any other pharm, especially opana, cuz the pill is huge and theres only a couple of milligrams of the actual drug, so its even more important to snort it slower....
A good easy way to do it is to get one of those coke bullets you find at a head shop... they usually give you enough in one hit to line up one of those super thin 8-10" lines, and take them 5 minutes apart.... It may take you 10 more minutes to reach your peak but you will be peaking way harder and longer than if you just rush it and try to snort the whole thing....

Peaaaaace

vv7

That isn't potentiation, its just a mode of administration different from the first one you tried.

That isn't potentiation, its just a mode of administration different from the first one you tried.

thats why i put it i quotes... just a tip people should try.... i hear a lot of people say they dont get that high from dilaudids so this is definitely the way to do it :)

definately

insuff is definately better than oral / subling

all the -morphones act this way

i think this applies to pretty much any drug that you snort....

I've noticed this too while doing lines of OC. Small ones, ten or twenty mins apart are better than a single big line.

I dont see the need to try snorting MS Contin, I just recently was put on that program by the Doc and these 30MG orally knocked me on my butt.

I have a friend who is prescribed Dilaudid 8 MG and does abuse them more than therapeutic doses, up to about as many as stated in the initial post. I worry for him, so thanks Ill let him know to try this first, before doing too many.

Want to know a way to improve on snorting powder? Dissolve it in a SMALL amount of water, and squirt the solution up your nose. Since it's already dissolved, it will be absorbed more quickly by your nasal membranes and hit you quicker. Only problem is, if you use too much water, most of the solution will just run down your throat.

Are you snorting Instant Release or Time Release Opana and what mg. if you don't mind my asking.

I take Opana IR and ER for pain. Recently ran out of the IR and tried to cut up an ER and crush it and take a part of it (so as to achieve an IR pill). It jelled so aggressively in my mouth that it stuck to my teeth. I don't see how people can snort these. I have not tried becuase they work well orrally for me.

I dont see the need to try snorting MS Contin, I just recently was put on that program by the Doc and these 30MG orally knocked me on my butt.

You must have little or no opiate experience then. 30mg orally will do little to nothing even if you have no tolerance. When I had a very small tolerance (could get off on 20mg oxy) it took 90mg of oral morphine to have a similar effect.

Want to know a way to improve on snorting powder? Dissolve it in a SMALL amount of water, and squirt the solution up your nose. Since it's already dissolved, it will be absorbed more quickly by your nasal membranes and hit you quicker. Only problem is, if you use too much water, most of the solution will just run down your throat.

I just posted this technique in another thread yesterday. Be careful though. It will basically double the effectiveness compared to snorting the dry powder. Clinical tests of this method show the bioavailability to be around 60-65% when a hydromorphone solution is snorted. Compared with the 25-30% dry nasal bioavailability, 10-15% oral bioavailability and similarly low rectal bioavailability, you can easily see that this would be the next best thing to injecting it.

So will this work with MSIR? (Morphine Sulfate/Morphine Instant Release).

I have two 30mg's left and I want to get the most out of them, besides IV, I'm trying to stop that until I can learn how to do it a little better.

Previously the highest(most euphoria, chest depression) I have been plugging them, using 60 mg (2 pills), and warm water into an enema.

But I would imagine if this doubled BA then maybe I should try it.

P.S. Snorting Morphine has never done anything for me.

insuff is definately better than oral / subling

all the -morphones act this way

morPHONES people.
Not morPHINE.

Also- you can get more out of Dilaudid by making it into a solution and spraying it into your nose with a nasal decongestant spray bottle, dropping it in with an eyedropper, or squirting it in with an oral syringe. MUCH easier than snorting all that powder.
Prepare your solution like you would for IV use. (water, cotton, etc)

Last edited:
Sure, the key is membrane SURFACE AREA. Pucker up and rail some lines up the bum, even better!

I would be impressed if the OP could rail lines into his ass.
=D

So will this work with MSIR? (Morphine Sulfate/Morphine Instant Release).

I have two 30mg's left and I want to get the most out of them, besides IV, I'm trying to stop that until I can learn how to do it a little better.

Previously the highest(most euphoria, chest depression) I have been plugging them, using 60 mg (2 pills), and warm water into an enema.

But I would imagine if this doubled BA then maybe I should try it.

P.S. Snorting Morphine has never done anything for me.

I doubt this would work well with MSIR, simply because of the large amount of liquid required. It works OK enough with heroin, and extremely well with dilaudid (small amount of powder, and the BA thing with morphones).

insufflated dilaudid

For best results:

Dilaudid = IV (or insufflate)
Oxycontin = Oral

I know this is an old thread, but I'll add my experience here for posterity. This isn't in response to the OP, but to a later post or posts.....

If you want to get the most out of dilaudid (for reasons other than pain management), insufflation or IV administration is what you should do. I've taken it orally before and it really did nothing. I've snorted it and had totally different results. I didn't have a high tolerance though, so it wasn't a ton of powder.

Likewise, as you might imagine, IV administration is a big cut above insufflation. In my opinion, many/most street heroin users would gladly take IV dilaudid over the street heroin. Of course, part of that is because of the purity issue.

Oxycontin - You DO NOT get a better effect by insufflating. I've done it both ways, and it's more bioavailable when you swallow it. I don't think there's a "huge" difference, but overall, I think you're "wasting" some of it by insufflating it.

Don't get me wrong, I still snort some (there's just something about snorting...) of it when I can get my hands on it, but I just swallow the majority of the Oxy, most of the time.

Dilaudid is Better in Less than Convential Ways Then One Might Imagine

I'll add my empirical experience with Dilaudid. For starters, there is only one research document that lists the bioavialabilities (BA) of Dilaudid. All the stats you see come from that one test that used saliva tests to determine the level of drug in the system. I would like to see some blood work done.

If you find and read the article, it makes Dilaudid out to be the anomaly. Just about every other opiate's BA amounts (from best to worst) goes from IV to rectal to inhale to swallow. But[t] for some reason, rectal Dilaudid is listed as a very poor method of administration.

In my many years of experience, if an opiate is suitable for inhalation then it is even better rectally. This was true to me (and other anecdotal reports you'll find) for the two years that I was prescribed Dilaudid. As you know, swallowing is practically a waste, snorting was better but not good enough. For example, after taking an awful lot of Dilaudid during the day (32 mg) mostly inhaled I wasn't getting the analgesia I needed to function.

I decided to try something that I had never tried before. I got an oral syringe and dissolved 8 mg for rectal administration. After administration, it took about two minutes and I was flying. I used a quarter of the dose that I had inhaled (which had stopped affecting me by this time in the day) and I nodded out for the first time in a long time. I had totally forgot that Dilaudid/opiates provided that level of euphoria.

Rectal Dilaudid is something that has to be tried to be believed and appreciated. I even heard people say that it rivals IV administration because the duration is so much longer.