• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Meprobamate analogues

Soulfake

Bluelighter
There are many people saying that Meprobamate and Carisoprodol have enjoyable effects, one report on Erowid even says that the muscle relaxation feels better than sex 8o

Why aren´t research-chemical vendors looking for usefull analogues of it? This paper says that Carisoprodol seemed to be the best carbamate-derivate for medicinal use, but there several others that could possibly produce even better effects for recreational usage.

http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/jm00303a029

that shit is koo at first until you build a tolerance and end up taking too much and get the soma shuffle where your whole body is trebling like the worst case of parkensons disease you've ever seen

that shit is koo at first until you build a tolerance and end up taking too much and get the soma shuffle where your whole body is trebling like the worst case of parkensons disease you've ever seen

LMAO

I never got them and i was up to about 2.5 grams when they were making 500mg ones...

I've taken both, I imagine if you look hard enough you could find some related chems.... ime they mep wasn't very euphoric, for some reason carisopridol had more euphoria to it.

Carisoprodol is better than sex IMO, it's hit or miss a lot of times though, and some carbonated beverages are needed to make it work properly IME. I wonder what's behind that.

I'm sending your thread over to Advanced Drug Discussion since your question is theoretical.

bdd-->add

Last edited:
side effects from carbamate overdoses can be pretty nasty

there actually used to be vendors selling other carbamates like phenprobamate or tybamate but they never took off...

Yeah, there is actually on vendor currently selling phenprobamate. I just think you need really high doses of it, so not really that attractive.

One interesting GABAergic RC I'd like to see available is 4-methyl-pregabalin. I'm sure it's just a question of time before some one makes it available.

IIRC, sekio, you mentioned elsewhere that carbamates are carcinogenic. I think it was in my thread about 2m2b carbamate.

*Some* carbamates are carcinogenic - not all of them. Just the small-molecule ones.

Yeah, there is actually on vendor currently selling phenprobamate. I just think you need really high doses of it, so not really that attractive.

One interesting GABAergic RC I'd like to see available is 4-methyl-pregabalin. I'm sure it's just a question of time before some one makes it available.

4-methyl-pregabalin could be badass, I for one would love to try it. There are some RC barbs out there (I've only seen benzobarbital) that might have similar effects to the carbamates, though. Might be worth checking out? Just be careful, there's a reason they rarely use barbs anymore.

There are a few good carisoprodol analogues out there. The problem is that the synthesis is moderately complicated so no one is making and selling them.

Are those few 'out there' carbamates or pro-drugs thereof I wonder ^? (Yes I realize this is an old thread)

My real question:
How linear is the dose-response curve of meprobamate, and therefore including the tendency of direct analogues? Because I have a little mebutamate to try.

My plan certainly involves being strict about combinations of my medication and drugs/self-meds I take often, as well as a *reasonable* amount of titration. Though apparently the sample is rather limited for proper titration..

mebutamate_comparison.jpg

so if you know anything at all, tell me about me butt mate

Last edited:
tell me about me butt mate
hehe

This is actually a chiral compound, so it would depend on the isomer mix. I guess the stuff commerciall availiable is racemic?

Wiki sauys mebutamate is "1/3 the potency of secobarbital as a sedative", if that helps.

A 1964 JAMA monograph suggests the dosage is 300mg in a tablet, taken three to four times daily.
"Mebutamate is a central nervous system depressant which may be used as an adjunct in the treatment of early, mild, or labile hypertension. It has not definitely been shown to have an antihypertensive effect independent of its calming action. Its principal adverse effect is drowsiness."
doi:10.1001/jama.1964.03070010060012

I would play carefully with this one, it is functionally an analogue of the barbiturates.

Last edited:
Wiki sauys mebutamate is "1/3 the potency of secobarbital as a sedative", if that helps.

A 1964 JAMA monograph suggests the dosage is 300mg in a tablet, taken three to four times daily.
"Mebutamate is a central nervous system depressant which may be used as an adjunct in the treatment of early, mild, or labile hypertension. It has not definitely been shown to have an antihypertensive effect independent of its calming action. Its principal adverse effect is drowsiness."
doi:10.1001/jama.1964.03070010060012

(Does that mean a dose of secobarbital is almost a gram for sleep? That seems... excessive?)

If the dose of mebutamate is 300 mg and it is 1/3 as potent as secobarbital...then wouldn't the hypnotic dose of secobarbital be 100 mg?

That matches up with my recollection of secobarbital dosing.

Secobarbital and/or amobarbital - 30mg-60mg sedative dose, 100mg-200mg sleeping dose.

Personally I've never taken more than 250mg amobarbital at once & found it excessive. Anywhere between 75mg-125mg for a powerful sleeping dose, when nothing else works say on a stimulant comedown this amount will.

I love Soma, please expand on mebutamate!
p.s. Is Soma carcinogenic as a carbamate?

Mebutamate is nice. More recreational than benzodiazepines.

Carisoprodol (trade name Soma) is the N-Isopropyl analogue of Meprobamate which appears to be responsible for most of its effects.

Too bad none of the carbamates seem to have a decent potency (dose < 100mg).

The dose-response curve is a steep one for meprobamate...the spectre of unsavory events are very real at doses not much higher than others (cardiogenic shock, and other nasties).

That said, if you don't combine it with other drugs and approach it carefully, it's not a big deal. Watch out for bizarre behavioral effects though with meprobamate and its relatives. I once rode a bicycle on a boatload of meprobamate -- I found it thoroughly amusing, but apparently the bystanders were horrified. All in good fun.