• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Injecting into places other than arms

sounds like a histamine reaction, to the op, they are nasty and swell up in weird ass shapes sometimes no where near the actual injection spot, but other than that they are fine

I read on here you can use the part of a match box where you strike the match to sharpen the needle, I have done it a few times when having a really dull needle and it works ok. It doesn't make it super sharp but when you have a needle that is real dull that requires you to push kinda hard to get it to go through, after sharpening there is barely any resistance anymore it pushes throught he vein much easier, but isn't completely sharp like a brand new needle. I would say after sharpening it feels like using a needle thats been used like 2 or 3 times before

I read on here you can use the part of a match box where you strike the match to sharpen the needle, I have done it a few times when having a really dull needle and it works ok. It doesn't make it super sharp but when you have a needle that is real dull that requires you to push kinda hard to get it to go through, after sharpening there is barely any resistance anymore it pushes throught he vein much easier, but isn't completely sharp like a brand new needle. I would say after sharpening it feels like using a needle thats been used like 2 or 3 times before

i think my technique with a razor would be safer, as mine is actually sharpening a blade with metal, with a matchbox its filling the metal down

inflamed member

What if you accidentaly had a subcutaneous injection of heroin in the shaft of the penis and a lump of soft swelling formed in a localized area of the outer skin under the head of the glans, it has remained the same size with no pain or discoloration for several hours, and if it is the same tomorrow i'm going to the walk in clinic, but i'm hoping it will pass on it's own.

Anyone had this happen or seen anything like this? I'm not trying that spot again.:!

What if you accidentaly had a subcutaneous injection of heroin in the shaft of the penis and a lump of soft swelling formed in a localized area of the outer skin under the head of the glans, it has remained the same size with no pain or discoloration for several hours, and if it is the same tomorrow i'm going to the walk in clinic, but i'm hoping it will pass on it's own.

Anyone had this happen or seen anything like this? I'm not trying that spot again.:!

could turn into an infection/abcess/loss of said penis if not treated in time. if your dick starts to turn black and pieces begin to fall off, def go to the ER, but to play it even safer, go before that happens.

People are misunderstanding me. Im not some junkie who loves to shoot up all day and sit around high as a kite. I shoot up once in the morning, once at night to get by. It's because 1)I shoot acidic black tar heroin 2)I am a slim girl with hardly any muscles and I hardly exercise-my veins have always been super small and hard to find and my veins go way quicker than most people's. (all my life when nurses would draw blood from me they'd say I have the veins of a 2year old and use the infant butterfly needles on me) I pretty much always use a fresh point, filtered water, rotate sites, use alcohol swabs, keep things clean-i just wasn't as blessed as all of you are with great fat juicy veins. Is that so hard to understand.

Know totally where your coming from, went out with a girl for 4 years who same you slim with almost no veins and would not go for groin, totally feel your anger, we had nightmares trying to get her and major aguments! gone every whrere apart from groin, gave up banging it few years ago though just to much hassle an prefer it on foil nowadays. good luck with finding better vein. ps yes feet are proper pain to get and hurt alot more!

Could possibly try a new route of administration or swich to strong poppy tea to give your veins a break?

Try going in your blood bank between your bicep an tricep on the inside of your arm. you go strait in no angle and once you find it, its easy to hit again and again cas such a big vein, its where all the veins in your arm meet up. either side will do and cas your slim you should have little trouble getting with smallish needle. good luck girl! happy hunting.

another piece of advice for all you junkies.............mixin aspirin with your drugs to prevent blood clots??????????????????????
you lot think you are clever - here are some basics - aspirin either comes in tablet form or dispersable - for oral use as it needs to be absorbed through the mucous membranes or in the gut - not for injection!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as it does not work in the same way
in fact all you idiots that crush tablets and inject them................read the above because yeah you might get a hit but all the tablet fragments stay in the vessel as they cant be absorbed and then destroy the surrounding tissue causin tissue death, anneurysm, amputation, heart problems and hopefully death!!!!

Aspirin and Dope

Nobody said anything about IVing aspirin. I'm pretty(in fact, 100%) positive that they meant to take it first.

^ That sounds like a good idea to me brother. I remember just recently someone posting about a drug user who actually had something like that.

I have seen this before. Would be fucking awesome for stimulant binges

.... those two comments (you all know which I mean - previous page) need to be deleted as they are not reasonable posts/responses and serve no purpose in the thread/on the site.
Compassion, por favor. (?)

The OP hasn't posted back for a while - OP if you're out there... update/s? Thoughts on the aspirin? Any luck/or... no(t luck)? Hope you're well.

*Oh - to those that responded/contributed in here tastefully and helpfully, Gracias. I really can't contribute much, other than 'this' -- but just wanted to say, as many have said before me... , you are not alone, you ARE heard/understood, and ignore the negative responses. There are a million positive to each 1 negative (even if not typed out). Ie: the average BL'er can relate on some level. (no more blabbing. my apologies!)

ok, sweetheart. im in the same boat as you. dont trip. YES, its all bad. but we arent gonna listen to the voice of reason are we? fuck no.
ok, so that being established. i first shot out my arms. i really didnt research much before i went straight to my neck and that was great for a while. not that is pretty much gone. well, im speaking of the jugular, not the cartoroid. there is actually a huge junction of your jugular that meets right above your clavical. its usually only really visable on one side. but regardless, i have about done those in. they were gone for along time. i actually had NO FEELING from the line of my chin all the way down to my breast bone for several months because i trusted a jerk to do it for me. grrr. but my feeling finally returned and i have learned that if i cant do it myself, i shouldnt be doing it.
but i had also seen a couple of people shoot the femeral vein (crotch) and i was curious. i had felt down there a time or two and felt the big pulse and thought hell yeah, i can do that. i was not educated then and thank WHOEVAH i took the time to study up. there are some valuable tips ON THIS SITE for hitting the femeral. it is VERY risky. and a miss down there wont hurt WHEN YOU DO IT cause it it so deep. but when i missed, i could barely walk for days. bad bad pain.
i am to the point that it is almost not worth it anymore... almost.
im looking a little more at some other obscure spots. its crazy what we put ourselves thru.
i recently said to a friend that has just started that i was tired of it. and he said that it was about the only thing that made him happy. and my response was... imagine getting to the point that you can no longer do the only thing that makes you happy.
sick
thats all i have to say
except.. read. look at the diagrams and study before you do any dangerzones.
message me in private and i will help you with what knowledge it have.

I had a cannula(sp) in my arm at one point for IV antibiotics I would take at home after a real bad abcess and used to shoot into it. They have to be changed every three days or so, but it definitely seemed safer than repeatedly sticking myself. There is a cap on the end of the tube and you flush with saline before and after every use.

Why don't you shoot into your next? I shot before im just curious I remember when I was in the in the Er once they had to hit my neck with a long as IV because my veins couldn't hold up. Just curious why you don't shoot herion into your neck?
I heard from friends you can shoot under the tounge too.

I agree with above. Suboxon is a life saver. Do what ya want but wow don't the pokes hurt *cringe* I hate needlessssss

Why don't you shoot into your next? I shot before im just curious I remember when I was in the in the Er once they had to hit my neck with a long as IV because my veins couldn't hold up. Just curious why you don't shoot herion into your neck?
I heard from friends you can shoot under the tounge too.

I agree with above. Suboxon is a life saver. Do what ya want but wow don't the pokes hurt *cringe* I hate needlessssss

Don't listen to people who don't know what they're talking about. Injecting anywhere in your mouth would be terribly contaminated. Saliva would be all over and in the injection site, filling it with bacteria, basically guaranteeing an infection. And as far as the neck goes, it's a very dangerous, last-resort injection site. The veins in the neck are very close to the arteries, and hitting one of the arteries in your neck is pretty much the worst arterial nick you can make. Spurting blood, emergency room, lack of blood in your brain, death, all that fun stuff. So unless you're completely desperate and willing to potentially risk your life for that hit, you really shouldn't go for neck veins.

I am just like you OP, and I can empathize your frustration at all the men with big juicy veins who often assume that what works for them will work for you, or that you just don't know how to hit yourself or something. It can be so miserable trying "in vain" to find a vein, sometimes it would take me all day and I would just be sobbing. Here are some tips, areas, etc that worked for me:

- If at all possible, use before you actually get dopesick. Being in withdrawal makes the veins much harder to hit, (as you get cold, your blood pressure changes, etc).

- VERY IMPORTANT: Use a fresh rig every time you try to hit. I don't just mean for every shot of dope, if you are having trouble hitting a vein switch the liquid into to a fresh syringe before you try again. It really pays to have a supply of new syringes on hand, they can dull really fast, especially if you have lots of scar tissue or are trying areas with tougher skin like your hands or feet.

- Make sure you are warm. Turn the heat up in the bathroom, have a long hot shower, and bundle up everywhere except the area you are trying to hit in order to stay warm.

- Use smaller needle tips for small veins and longer/thicker ones for deeper larger veins.

- There are lots of veins that you can't necessarily see. With practice, you may be able to feel them. I had good success with veins in my arms and legs this way. My hands and feet were like your's and using there destroys the veins really fast. For your arms, find the veins in the crook of your arm that used to work for you (or you can even try ones that never worked there) and follow them upward (towards your shoulder). Try about an inch from where you were last able to hit. If that doesn't work, try another inch or so further up. This worked really well for me and my best friend who was in the same situation, I was able to find good veins that I couldn't see (or even feel) just by guessing where they would be. For your legs, try the inside of the leg close to the knee, and the inside of the upper thigh. With practice these get easier to hit once you know where they are. Sometimes if I found a vein that I couldn't see I would even actually make a mark on my skin with permanent marker so that I'd be able to find it the next day.

- I would strongly avoid the groin and the jugular if at all possible!

- Another often overlooked area is the lower belly. If you are slim, you should be able to see some veins on either side of your pelvis, just above the pubic area.

- TRY, even though it extremely tempting, to avoid hitting in the same place every time and using a newfound spot until it doesn't work anymore. Also sometimes if a spot stops working and you let it heal for a while it will start working again. Try out veins that used to be good but you abandoned months ago in case they have healed.

- Look into alternate dope suppliers if possible, or methods of cooking and filtering your dope that will remove more of the impurities. That type of dope can really destroy your veins.

Good luck! Let me know if any of this helps or you have any questions. I became like an expert at finding veins and I have the exact same vein situation as you.

EDIT: One more thing, it helps a lot to hold the skin/vein taught with your free hand, especially with "rollers" (like your feet) or squishy areas like your thigh. Let me know if you want more details on how to do this easily.

The matchbox technique is the safer of the two. Any kind of sharpening is filing, including doing it with a razor, but the matchbox will make a tip that is much more similar to the original, rather than a sketchy shank. Although I really wouldn't do either, just wait to get the new rigs in the mail. In my experience also, hand veins are the easiest to hit with a dull rig, if you MUST. Don't go for leg veins until you have none left in your arms that work.

I have had way better luck with leg veins than with hand veins, and hands and feet are notoriously hard to hit with dull rigs. I would be very wary about trying to sharpen your syringe tips yourself, this is very difficult to do and you could end up injecting the metal shavings, or making a barb on the end of the needle. I would just clean them and try easy-to-hit areas that don't have thick skin.

But are you SURE you can't get new syringes?? I would try every pharmacy around and any grocery stores etc that have pharmacies or medical supplies. Dress nicely and look clean and as far from a stereotypical junkie as possible, look confident, ask for the syringes by name - instead of just saying "can I buy some syringes?" say something like "I'd like a package of BD 1CC insulin syringes please", or whatever brand and size you want or is common in your area. If they ask what you are using them for you can say you are from out of town and picking them up for your uncle who ran out, or some other cover story. If they ask to see a prescription say he didn't bring his prescription as he had no reason to think he would need it. If they say how do I know you're not using them for illicit purposes you can either get mildly offended and say "ma'am do I really look like a drug user?" or even be so bold as to say "you only have my word for it, but even if someone theoretically was going to use them for drugs, wouldn't you want them to be safe about it instead of using HIV-infected needles off the street?" Repeat this technique at every place that sells syringes until you luck out. Normally I've rarely had to get past the first step though.

Anyway, if you can't or aren't willing to get fresh rigs, or you need some help hitting veins, I just wrote a huge post in a different thread with all my tips, here:
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/499065-Injecting-into-feet-palms-fingers-and-groin.-HELP!/page3

so i haven't had access to any clean needles, therefore i've been rotating these 3 that i do have and they're getting pretty dull now with 6 or 7 uses. i missed on both my arms, so i don't really have many options except for the vein on the inside of my lower leg (next to or along my shin). i've never shot up in the leg before, so is it going to be a lot harder to penetrate the skin down and there actually register in a vein as opposed to registering in the arm? also i want to slide the needle in so that the point is facing upwards towards my heart (same as the arm), correct? btw, i'm shooting BTH.

That makes me cringe.. rotating 3 needles ahh gross. You are correct but it's a real tough shot and IMO the veins roll a lot easier than arms. If you had someone do it for you whilie you lay on your stomach maybe. I wouldn't want to miss wiht bth down there though. You really want to avoid below the waste I hear.. something haveing to do with clotting possibly no idea. I have a buddy who religiously shoots in his feet though and has not had a problem as of yet.. and hes been doin it since his other veins died.

Like what prevents someone from getting new pins? At teh very leaste order some over the net.. but damn yo thats horrible