• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

mixing methadone and oxycodone

bigb0ss

Greenlighter
Hi I am new to methadone and today is first time taking it. I blew two percocets earlier this morning at around 1-2 and now just took 2.5 mg of methadone, because I has been researching it and he doesn't want to do too much his first time. I have a decent opiate tolerance, he recently cut down this week going from 30mg as an okay high to 10mg a day this week to ween off. is it okay to take be mixing that? i need some advice!

Last edited by a moderator:
we know it is you. you don't have to say your neighbor lmao.

it seems like your tolerance is a tad low to be taking methadone IMO. if 10mg of oxy makes you feel high than man am i jealous.

Unfortunately I have no experience and cant help but thats a fuckin fantastic way of doin that fair play :)

lmfao!!!

but on topic,
2.5mgs methadone is nothing. you will be fine with taking 10mgs, or even 30mgs oxycodone from what you told us. if you are lieing and you are opiate naive then you might overdose. methadone and oxycodone, wsas my highest experience. the best high ever but i was on a shit ton of other drugs 8(.

Im new to methadone and today is my first time taking it. I blew two percocets earlier this morning at around 1-2 and now I just took 2.5 mg of methadone, because I have been researching it and I dont want to do too much my first time. I have a decent opiate tolerance, I recently cut down this week going from 30mg as an okay high to 10mg a day this week to ween off. is it okay to take be mixing that? i need some advice!
Save the mods some time

man don't MIX methadone with anything you might fuck up and kill yourself, no joke. 212x the strength of morphine aint nothin to fuck with man.

poppy.

I'm sorry last time I read some rules it said to use exaggerations. But 10mg doesn't get me high i was just doing that daily this week to ween off because i realized i needed to. 30mg was an okay high, not like i was getting fucked up but more of it just being satisfying. I could do 60 to get a great high. I did 2.5 mg of the methadone today and I am not quite sure if i felt it, but i knew the 2 percs i blew was not what i felt. But well after that i blew about 7.5+ mg of oxy and that did not get me high at all. Another question though since methadone has such a long half life if i redosed tomorrow with another quarter it would peak being 5mg, should i take the rest or no?

sorry if i keep asking but i know this stuff is strong and not to be messed with, thats why i'm starting out with a quarter to figure how much it would take for me to get high. I have read a lot of things about people dying from it because they did not have an opiate tolerance so i was unsure if my tolerance was too low. I like to be educate myself with every drug i take, so i just coming to the bluelight community to ask for some advice.

You'll be ok taking what you took, but NEVER mix methadone with anything else, the worst mix you can even attempt. Also keep in mind that methadone continues to effect you more everytime you take them and the next time could be just too much. Not to slighlty over exaggerate.. Shits to get you off high amounts of heroin and opiats, not to touch if you dont need it..

I understand how the half life works. If i take another quarter tomorrow and that works i won't take anymore. I know mixing methadone with drinking and benzo's are bad and i wouldn't do that, but i wasn't sure if oxy would really matter, i read a different thread and someone said it increases the oxy's effects but i wasn't sure if he/she was correct. Could anyone shed light on the situation that does methadone recreationally and doesn't use it to get off h or oxy?

i thought mixing methadone with other opiates causes precip W/D or blockage, like suboxone mixed with other opiates?

i thought mixing methadone with other opiates causes precip W/D or blockage, like suboxone mixed with other opiates?

No, to my knowledge Methadone does not have a blocker in it. It will make it hard to get high on other opiates until you get over the threshold. So depending on how much Methadone you take and what your tolerance is, in hrder to get high on an opiate after taking Methadone well, you would have to take a lot more of your opiate to get high over the Methadone. Suboxone has a blocker in it which makes it pretty much impossible to get a high on an opiate on top of it. Plus, with Methadone you can take that right after taking an opiate and be fine. If you take an opiate then take Suboxone you have to wait at least 48 hours so you wont go into withdrawal.

hello and good evening. I have been on 80 mg of methadone a day and 40 mg of oxycodone a day for over 3 years now for pain relief. I do not recommend taking either of these drugs unless prescribed by your doctor. I can tell you this though, i dont get high off the taking or mixing the 2 drugs but i do get a good feeling in my body and mind. It relieves all my back pain and i can function very well even drive. I have never overdosed on either of the drugs and never been hospitalized for taking the drugs.. In any event for me they
work great together and i will continue to take the both drugs until i have back surgury as i broke my back but i can still walk. Also to let you klnow im 37 years old and weigh about 250 pounds and height is 6.1 so i hope this information helps you out.

Oh by the way Methadone does not have a "blocker" in it. However what it does is knocks off the other opiates off your brains opiate receptors and takes the receptor over for itself. After the Methadone is attached to the opiate receptors it stays there and only and in-ordinately large amount of opiates can take back over a little. This is why the Methadone "seems" to block other opiates. It don't really it just fits your opiate receptors in your brain better! The only thing that can knock Methadone all the way off the receptors likes the Methadone does to other opiates such as Oxy or morhine is Narcan which if you take Narcan while being hooked on opiates or Methadone the Narcan wipes the opiate receptors clean and puts you in immeadiate withdrawal. But at least not overdosed, this is why they give Narcan in the emergency room for opiate overdose. Because Narcan imeadiately eliminates all the opiates or methadone on your opiate receptors.

@ Moses - it's encouraged for users to start their own thread - that way you can get individualized responses for your particular question. :)
(Is there a question? I don't see it, sorry if there is).

@ keithq - what works for one may or will not work for another. I have a friend that once time OD'd on 60mg of Roxycodone IR - and he wasn't naive to opiates. DO NOT suggest people dive in head first with two high grade opiates. It WILL kill someone if they don't go slow. This board is for harm REDUCTION (HR), not to tell people how high YOU can get, and then suggest that they can do the same.

Cut and pasting from another thread with similar question:

BigBoss, you're likely fine with what you've taken. 2.5mg methadone is nothing much even for someone with no tolerance, but for future ref I'd be very careful taking other opiates on top of methadone. It can take such a long time creeping up over several long hours to a long steady peak that if you take something on top of it that peaks with the meth you could be in trouble. I'd wait till well past peak before topping up with anything else just to be on the safe side, maybe 24 hours in. I know the first time I did 30ml back in the days when I had no tolerance to opiates I was verging dangerous dose and still plenty messed up the next day. If you're planning to take methadone daily bear in mind the effects are cumulative, so dosing the same amount tomorrow will result in a higher dose than 2.5mg in your system because of the super long half-life.

Hi my neighbor's giraffe's pet fish is new to methadone and today is his first time taking it. He blew two percocets earlier this morning at around 1-2 and now he just took 2.5 mg of methadone, because he has been researching it and he doesn't want to do too much his first time. He has a decent opiate tolerance, he recently cut down this week going from 30mg as an okay high to 10mg a day this week to ween off. is it okay to take be mixing that? i need to give him some advice!

WTF your giraffes pet fish? Gay.

I'll give you advice though. You seem to be taking it slow with the methadone so I think you are safe there. Really you shouldn't be mixing methadone with other full agonists b/c of possiblity of OD. What about just switching from the oxycodone to the methadone straight out instead of kind of weening off one and onto the other?