• CD Moderators: Thomas Davie | Darksidesam | Madness
  • Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Throat hurts/irritated from smoking weed constantly

I've noticed that anytime I use a one-hitter it makes my throat hurt too.

It does plenty of damage. Look at websites besides NORML and bluelight.

You can't say something isn't true just because there are counter examples.

Eg. My grandpa smoked cigarrettes till 70 and died an unrelated death. Guess that means its safe to smoke cigarettes all day.

That's true you should look at it from all sides.

It can get confusing since you have people who say that smoking Marijuana even once or a few times is akin to 20+ years of chainsmoking cigs and then you have people who smoke herb daily and are convinced that there's no way that it causes cancer of the mouth or throat and it's perfectly fine. Then you have MAPS and NORML at one point saying how smoking a joint is just as effective as using a high end expensive vaporizer.

That's true you should look at it from all sides.

It can get confusing since you have people who say that smoking Marijuana even once or a few times is akin to 20+ years of chainsmoking cigs and then you have people who smoke herb daily and are convinced that there's no way that it causes cancer of the mouth or throat and it's perfectly fine. Then you have MAPS and NORML at one point saying how smoking a joint is just as effective as using a high end expensive vaporizer.

You make good points. I have seen those studies before. Its hard to know what to think. Medical research is very limited. Furthermore its hard to even find reliable info on the internet these days. There is so much we don't know about weed. If I could have a dream career I would be a pot scientist!

Were all gonna die dorks. Don't scare the kid.

This is a harm prevention site. Harm prevention is all about having a good time, and waking up the next day to do it again. This guy says smoking weed causes his chest to feel tight into the next day. I'm sure your not a doctor because you think knowledge is for "dorks" but does that sound healthy to you?

^^

not my chest just my throat. i'm pretty sure it's just caused by smoking out of the tiny bowl every day.

come summer i'll probably just construct my own bong or buy a cheap one from the head shop.

^^

not my chest just my throat. i'm pretty sure it's just caused by smoking out of the tiny bowl every day.

come summer i'll probably just construct my own bong or buy a cheap one from the head shop.

You are def right abou the small bowl.

The weed is hitting your throat at a lot warmer temp.

Don't listen to some of these people, what you smoke out of DOES make a difference. In fact, it could make a WORLD of difference.

Smoking out of a bong actually filters out some of the carcinogens through the water. And the cooler smoke is much smoother on your throat.

Also, studies show that marijuana does not cause lung cancer, emphysema or birth anomalies. Do a simple google search if anyone doubts me, there are various reputable sources for this claim.

Now if you smoke blunts (like me) or blunt wraps, thast a whole nother story.
You are smoking tobacco, so you get all the good shit tobacco gives you.

Also, smoking out of a vape isnt a fix-all, but it is a MUCH healthier way to smoke, eliminating up to 90% of carcinogens (I have read..correct me if this # is too high).

Eg. My grandpa smoked cigarrettes till 70 and died an unrelated death. Guess that means its safe to smoke cigarettes all day.

there is no need to even comment on this lol

^^
yes i know that marijuana doesn't increase chances of lung cancer, but as i said before, there is still a risk of throat/mouth cancer. your risk of tumors in the head and neck are increased.

there's research on both sides tho, so who knows what to believe.

^^
yes i know that marijuana doesn't increase chances of lung cancer, but as i said before, there is still a risk of throat/mouth cancer. your risk of tumors in the head and neck are increased.

there's research on both sides tho, so who knows what to believe.

To be safe... eating or vaporizing is the way to go if you plan on being a life-time smoker.

To be safe... eating or vaporizing is the way to go if you plan on being a life-time smoker.

They are all a different high though.

I prefer smoking to anything, even though it's not the safest way and doesn't last as long as eating or vaping.

I have only ever had a sore throat when smoking out of a really small pipe with shit cheap weed all day for a week. My throat started to get sore after about the 3rd day.

Agreed with the bubbler idea.

But honestly, if you are tokin all day, your throat will take a toll. Im at the end of my junior year, been straight cheefin all day everyday from freshman year on. While i do find it to be very theraputic if used correctly (for me, i smoke mostly at night, smaller amounts during the day), I and every blazer i know has "the cough".

Its a smokers cough, dude. You just got to deal with it, maybe instead of one fat hit you cant hold in w/o coughing, try two smaller ones. G*d knows i cant take fat bongloads like i used too!

Its all in the game of cheebin my friend.

Dude there is such a thing as keeping your lungs in half decent condition through exercise and what have you. lol

Same here OP...
A few days ago it killed when i first woke with the dry mouth etc..

Now with some things everything is very intense like toothpaste feels like its BURNING my throat, beer really irritates it...
i dont know what the hell it is!

Dude there is such a thing as keeping your lungs in half decent condition through exercise and what have you. lol

Cardio exercise also helps a lot.

When I smoked I was really big into cardiovascular exercise and I'd ride a bike and jog and it did help a lot even though I just had increased allergies and a bit of a cough and I'd only smoke herb mainly on weekends.

30-45 mins of cardio 3-4X a week was my thing.

Priest has got it. Cardio is where its at. Something low impact like bicycle riding can be done every day (maybe while your high even....).

They are all a different high though.

I prefer smoking to anything, even though it's not the safest way and doesn't last as long as eating or vaping.

Hey man I TOTALLY agree...even though it aint the healthiest way. I personally HATE smoking out of a vap and every time I ever tried to cook brownies I have fucked it up and just wasted all my weed lol.

Yes, the smoke is most likely burning your throat. I remember smoking joints and nearly coughing up a lung from the heat. Once I made a homemade bong, smoking was so much easier and enjoyable.

I would definitely buy a bong. Not only do they make smoking less harsh, they get you higher. I got so high off of just .25 grams. I got higher than when I smoked a 1 gram joint. You can get some for under 40 bucks. They're also healthier for you, since they filter out some of the tar. I made mine out of a water bottle since I can't legally buy one.

I don't know if you can get throat cancer. I'm no doctor, but I don't see how it could cause cancer. Your throat could end up becoming irritated for a long time, but cancer isn't caused by heat or discomfort.

Priest has got it. Cardio is where its at. Something low impact like bicycle riding can be done every day (maybe while your high even....).

i already do this. i play basketball several times a week, and work out when i can. usually i do these activities high.