• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

seroquel

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
Is it enough to put you asleep during an adderall high? Some nights I take adderall to study but it keeps me up all night cuz I take it somewhat late. Will seroquel put me to sleep? I don't wanna waste my xanax which I normally eat like a bar when I wanna go to sleep. Also will seroquel make me tired when I have to get up in the morning?

around 100mg. should knock you out, seroquel is a powerful sedative. and yes, i'm sure you'll be tired and groggy apon waking up.

You could possibly find sleep from just 50mg. As StaySedated said, it is a really powerful anti-psychotic. By far the most potent atypical.

Most definitly a good knockout drug, but for me it really messed with my head, thats just me but, i still keep a box just in case but yar not a thing ud wanna ever take regulary

Most definitly a good knockout drug, but for me it really messed with my head, thats just me but, i still keep a box just in case but yar not a thing ud wanna ever take regulary

hows it messed u up?

Well it will most certainly knock you out, but you will be rather groggy and tired the next morning (if you even manage to get up during the morning), and can make you feel somewhat detached.

It definitly knocked me out(60 MGs)
but boy the next day I was dragging and could not get myself together for anything.

hows it messed u up?

I have the same question. How's it messed you up? I take it as needed and would like to know any potential dangers that could happen other than that restless feeling in your body and that muscle problem you can develop from long term use.

Seroquel gets kind of a bad rep but i never got any side effects off it besides abit of increased appetite and i could actually sleep and it helped my bipolar disorder. Some people do get bad side effects from it though so it's all individual.

A dose like 50mg's is not even a anti-psychotic dose and 100mg's does practically nothing as a anti-psychotic either. So at low doses it is basically just a really strong anti-histamine and yes it is great for coming down off stims.

seroqul explained

it really depends on the dossage you use really i take 200 mgs at night and it helps me sleep and im 266 pounds and 6.1 in heght the main sideffect is the munchies though good luck:)

When I would take it to pass out, I loved playing the sandwhich game. Fun stuff.

I was taking like 400mg maybe, half of those huge pills, and it hits you hard. I got really hungry, really fast, I would then attempt to make a sandwhich, eat it, before falling asleep, I lost a lot :(

While Seroquel will work in the situation you've outlined, there are lower risk drugs which will have the same effect.

The next day grogginess passes after a while if you're taking Seroquel regularly, but if you're only taking it occasionally it will probably leave you tired the next day.

I lost a job due to Seroquel and it's almighty powerful sedative effects. I could not wake up to save my life. 2 alarms and a dog wouldn't wake me up.

Be careful! Don't take it for the first time if you have somewhere to be!

I had a close friends on seroquel and it has really jacked up his life. Within like 6 months of taking it he was diabetic, gained a ton of weight and was generally a totally different person. I can't imagine why someone would use this for a off label use like insomnia or anxiety. Fuck i'd GLADLY deal with benzo use and eventually benzo withdrawal before I but seroquel in my body.

I lost a job due to Seroquel and it's almighty powerful sedative effects. I could not wake up to save my life. 2 alarms and a dog wouldn't wake me up.

Be careful! Don't take it for the first time if you have somewhere to be!

I have no trouble waking up of a morning on Seroquel, but if I lie down for a daytime nap I guarantee I won't get up for at least three hours. It's not that it knocks me out for that time - I wake up, look at the clock and think I'll get up in five minutes only to find that next time I look at the clock another hour or two has passed. My record so far is an afternoon "nap" that lasted 5 hours before I was finally able to get past that detached feeling and get up.

Does anyone else on antipsychotics find it a bit odd that these sorts of questions are usually about Seroquel even though most of the antipsychotics have similar effects?

Does anyone else on antipsychotics find it a bit odd that these sorts of questions are usually about Seroquel even though most of the antipsychotics have similar effects?

I don't find it too odd because Seroquel is the most potent of all the atypical anti-psychotics. Doctors seem to also prescribe Seroquel first before the others like Respiridone or Zyprexa. I don't know why. They should move their way up.

I don't find it too odd because Seroquel is the most potent of all the atypical anti-psychotics. Doctors seem to also prescribe Seroquel first before the others like Respiridone or Zyprexa. I don't know why. They should move their way up.

Zyprexa's the worst of the antipsychotics for metabolic syndrome so that may be why it's one of the last used.

A few years ago Risperdal was the go to antipsychotic so I'm guessing that they all go through stages of popularity with prescribers just like antidepressants do.

I'm sure that cost is also a factor both from a consumer point of view and a health insurer point of view.

True about the popularity thing. Seroquel has become very popular, especially with the Seroquel XR commercials & ads all over

seroquel is generally better tolerated than other atypical antpsychotics, plus it is newer so docs are perscribing it a lot like other newer drugs.

it also has a better efficacy to safety ratio, and it is a good antipsychotic.