• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Kratom Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny, I got banned from the same place for the same reason. The people on that forum were really cool and fun to hang out with, and I even met some very cool, generous vendors, however the nazi-admins have some kind of power/control/paranoia complex and it's absolutely pathetic. They think that 'burning kratom' makes them the leaders of some secret underground society, and that no one should ever talk about it, even though they have a forum for it. Basically, if you posted almost anything pertaining to kratom, your post would get deleted or locked because of some retarded rule they just made up the day before.

I was directly banned after spending quite a while on there, built a reputation, had several hundred posts, and one day just BAM got permanently banned with absolutely no chance of appeal, and when I asked what rule I had broken because I truly had no idea what I did wrong, I was told BY THE FORUM'S OWNER "some rules are assumed"!! I'm not kidding!! I literally got permanently banned for a rule that isn't even posted. WTF?

Trust me, I understand why people shouldn't go around posting "OMG I GET WASTED ON KRATOM ERRYDAY!!1" because it's an amazing plant with tons of benefits, and luckily it remains legal for us to purchase. If the internet is buzzing with people talking about getting high on kratom, it'll be scheduled in no time, it's already on it's way. However the way that forum is run by it's admins is a fucking joke. Shame, because like I said, some cool folks hang out there.

Ah well. There's always BL. :)

Anyway, enough bashing TKF, onto better things:

DO NOT take 20g like that one guy said, that is way too much and you will have a shitty day as a result. Try ~8-10g of bali. The way I prepare it, is first of all, pop a 200mg cimetidine before you start preparation, that way you give it time to start working. Using up a small ~20oz empty soda bottle, fill about 1/4 of the bottle with orange juice. Weight out about 8 or 9 grams of bali powder, and dump it into the bottle. Shake it vigorously so it infuses into the water. The kratom powder will not dissolve so don't expect it to. Once you've shaken it enough to where it looks completely suspended in the OJ, allow it to sit so the foam dissipates and you have just a dark brown/green grainy looking liquid. Grab a glass of water, and place it in front of you, you'll want this later. Open the cap of the kratom bottle, swish it around gently so the particles are good and suspended, but not enough to cause foam again, place it to your lips and chug that shit! Put on music, close your eyes, hold your nose, do whatever it takes to chug all the liquid down without spewing it back up. Don't sip it, it will be worse, you'll just lengthen the process and won't hit you as well, just CHUG it all at once. As soon as you're done, grab that glass of water and chug a few mouthfuls of that to flush out/wash down all the nasty kratom leftover in your mouth. Once you've done that, sit back and enjoy the waves of euphoria as they pour over you. Even with an opioid tolerance, this should get you SOMETHING. Remember, kratom is NOT an opiate, and is not nearly as potent. The effect is very nice, but can be subtle.

Kratom is not an opiate... What???? Please explain that stance and maybe I'll learn something

Kratom is not an opiate in the sense of traditional, poppy-derived opiates like morphine or codeine because of just that - kratom is not a poppy plant.

The term 'opiates' generally applies to the active alkaloids of the poppy plant and their derivatives. Kratom is special because certain alkaloids in the leaf are opiate receptor agonists, and that characteristic is usually exclusive to things that come from a poppy plant.

^
Thanks, Oxide, I see what you're saying. I was thinking opiate=opioid. Because, technically it is an opioid. Wouldn't you agree...

How long should one boil the leafs when making tea? Also is it okay to boil vigorously on high heat or should it be more of a simmer?

A simmer. Boiling is bad, and will destroy alkaloids.

A low simmer for twenty minutes should suffice when brewing tea.

^
Thanks, Oxide, I see what you're saying. I was thinking opiate=opioid. Because, technically it is an opioid. Wouldn't you agree...

No, I can't say that I would. Kratom is neither opiate, nor opioid. It is a special leaf that deserves a special category. It's not fair to lump Kratom in with opiates/opioids.

No, I can't say that I would. Kratom is neither opiate, nor opioid. It is a special leaf that deserves a special category. It's not fair to lump Kratom in with opiates/opioids.

It's not an opiate, but it is an opioid. Opiates are alkaloids that are directly derived from the papver somniferum, like morphine, codeine, and heroin. Opioids are simply alkaloids that have affinity for the opioid receptors, such as DXM, salvia and of course, kratom. I used to think otherwise as well until I actually looked it up. :)

Just incase anyone is curious, I'd like to share some recently gained experience.

I currently have a goal of tapering off my daily bali kratom habit down to where I feel like I can go over a week without it by April. I've been using for over a year and got up to a point where I was ingesting 30g a day. I started a tapering down process including limiting myself to ONE ~7-10g dose a day, as well as a strict regimen of switching between strains every day so I'm not on bali every single day. So far, this has worked TREMENDOUSLY for my tolerance. Now, that one simply dose keeps me happy all day long again and also, the thought of going days without it is seeming less and less scary. Switching between strains is even making a great deal of the 'magic' return! I think my April deadline will be easily met. :)

Just some data for the masses.

It's not an opiate, but it is an opioid. Opiates are alkaloids that are directly derived from the papver somniferum, like morphine, codeine, and heroin. Opioids are simply alkaloids that have affinity for the opioid receptors, such as DXM, salvia and of course, kratom. I used to think otherwise as well until I actually looked it up. :)

Yep, you're right. The definition of "opioid" can indeed cover Kratom. Sorry for the confusion, I was giving my opinion more than anything. Ahh, semantics.

is it necessary to add an acid? Also, would it be okay to just let the leaves be loose in the pan, or is a strainer recommended? I don't have a strainer, so would tea bags work? For simplicities sake, f I can just put them in the pot with the water that'd be nice.

Last edited:
is there any difference using capsules instead of drinking it

Speed of onset is far slower, duration might be slightly extended, peak of the buzz will be not as 'rushy', etc.. Basically think about it like this: Your stomach has to melt and break down the capsule, then saturate and break down the kratom leaf material, extract the alkaloids and then allow them to seep into your bloodstream, and that's not counting all the other contents of your stomach at the time slowing down the process even further. If you mix the kratom into something like orange juice, you're already eliminating half the break-down process, you're already saturating the powder, and even extracting some of the alkaloids out into the liquid already, so by the time it hits your stomach, you're already absorbing the opioid, even if there are contents in your stomach already.

Same concept if you were to take a bunch of vicodin, crush it up and drop it into water and drink. You're getting the exact same amount of drug, but you will feel it MUCH MUCH quicker and the peak will be stronger than if you simply swallowed the pills whole.

Make sense?

Kratom is awesome! I bought some thai green vein kratom about a week ago and it was a very nice substance to reasearch in my lab.

^So you gave up your ring but now youre messing with Kratom? Samwise would be disappointed. 8)

Last edited:
People are always saying that if you have any type of opiate tolerance kratom will be a waste. I can snort 20mg of opana no problem without even catching a nod. Then i take just 5 grams of maeng da kratom in the morning on an empty stomach and achieve a fantastic buzz with lots of energy along with a substantial moodlift. I guess it just depends on the person or what type of buzz they are looking for. I actually prefer the kratom buzz to opana. Although the opana is obviously more strong i honestly recieve more of a moodlift from kratom and actually prefer it. Just putting that out there so people arnt so quick to toss kratom aside because it is a FANTASTIC herb.

I used to be able to stomach large ammounts of kratom - but recently I've been getting nausea from as little as 4 g's (weighed out in gel caps). I've been downing some lime juice before the caps and taking smaller ammounts, seems to have helped. I think it might be this current batch.

Speed of onset is far slower, duration might be slightly extended, peak of the buzz will be not as 'rushy', etc.. Basically think about it like this: Your stomach has to melt and break down the capsule, then saturate and break down the kratom leaf material, extract the alkaloids and then allow them to seep into your bloodstream, and that's not counting all the other contents of your stomach at the time slowing down the process even further. If you mix the kratom into something like orange juice, you're already eliminating half the break-down process, you're already saturating the powder, and even extracting some of the alkaloids out into the liquid already, so by the time it hits your stomach, you're already absorbing the opioid, even if there are contents in your stomach already.

Same concept if you were to take a bunch of vicodin, crush it up and drop it into water and drink. You're getting the exact same amount of drug, but you will feel it MUCH MUCH quicker and the peak will be stronger than if you simply swallowed the pills whole.

Make sense?

hey u seem to have the knowlegde i am looking for. very new to this so if say something wrong very sorry. trying to self detox from opiates. have done at home regimen of bupes for a week and have only seem to prolong wds. heard of kratom. just ordered some capsules. any advice how to use. please help.

hey u seem to have the knowlegde i am looking for. very new to this so if say something wrong very sorry. trying to self detox from opiates. have done at home regimen of bupes for a week and have only seem to prolong wds. heard of kratom. just ordered some capsules. any advice how to use. please help
I only have experience in codeine WD's, but I took about 3 grams of non-extract kratom powder every hour for the first 3 days of WD (which are the worst). I also took 4 mg of loperamide every 2 hours or so.

Your WD should be greatly reduced to the point where you can go to work like normal.

Also kratom will cause some WD itself, but you can use phenibut to ease those WD's again.
An then...LOL..the phenibut will cause some WD's also, but you use GABA to WD from that again :)

GABA doesnt cause any WD, so you're ok after that

Just incase anyone is curious, I'd like to share some recently gained experience.

I currently have a goal of tapering off my daily bali kratom habit down to where I feel like I can go over a week without it by April. I've been using for over a year and got up to a point where I was ingesting 30g a day. I started a tapering down process including limiting myself to ONE ~7-10g dose a day, as well as a strict regimen of switching between strains every day so I'm not on bali every single day. So far, this has worked TREMENDOUSLY for my tolerance. Now, that one simply dose keeps me happy all day long again and also, the thought of going days without it is seeming less and less scary. Switching between strains is even making a great deal of the 'magic' return!
Just curious, but which strains aside form Bali do you use to beat tolerance??
And how many consecutive days do you stay on each strain??

Status
Not open for further replies.