• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Xanax and temazepam

Status
Not open for further replies.

allthatiszen

Greenlighter
Has anyone taken them together, or on the same day?

Also My tolerance to xanax is getting decently high. 4mg to even feel anything, and that sucks.Idk if I'm allowed to ask this on here as I am relatively new, but how much xanax would it take to OD?

I want to take some xanax,but like 2 hrs ago I took 60 mg of temaz, of course I didnt feel anything at all.So I was thinking of taking 4 mg of xanax.

I have a super high tolerance it seems, and that really sucks.What can i do to get that tolerance to go down?

taking two benzos is just A+B. it is not the same as mixing two different CNS depressants. they will not multiply each other's effects.

you pretty much cannot cause fatal respiratory depression from benzos alone.

in order to reduce your tolerance you to quit abusing and taper your dose down.

I dont understand how my tolerance went up do fast.Temazepam has never really done anything for me.So I have a ton of it, which I will probably never use.From what I hear you can easily OD on temaz.Xanax though I would take like 2 on a friday night.then after a few weeks of that every friday that is..i dont take it during the week as my supply is low.I would have to take 4mg to catcha buzz.Now 4 mg doesn't do anything.Argh.

Also: I have very bas Social Anxiety--what it the best thing for that?I want to be able to have a normal life socializing with people but I cannot:S

you pretty much cannot cause fatal respiratory depression from benzos alone.

This is not true. while benzos are safe and have a high therapeutic index, they do cause respiratory depression and they certainly can kill -- even if taken alone.

however, as a scientific study has shown (link here), there are great differences between benzos in terms of toxicity.

Though most deaths occur as a result of mixing benzos with alcohol, opiates, or other CNS depressants, certain benzos have been well documented to cause death by overdose without mixing.

temazepam, for example, is the most toxic benzo (read study linked above). There are countless deaths attributed to temazepam overdose alone, without mixing it with alcohol or other CNS depressants.

the study above says that temazepam's fatal toxicity index (which is 11.9) is higher than many tricyclic antidepressants.
oxazepam is the least sedating and the least toxic benzo (fatal index of 2.3).

the average fatal toxicity index for most benzos as a whole is 5.7.
So temazepam is significantly more toxic than most benzos.

Last edited:
I doubt you'll run into trouble.

Kokaino is right, but for the most part you could eat thirty mg's of Alpralozam without a tolerance and be perfectly fine.

Alcohol and opiates will cause respiratory depression. No doubt.

^ yeah, it's not likely that u will od or whatever, but there is this dangerous misconception that its impossible to overdose on benzos. That is just not true, and while its extremely difficult to od on most benzos, there are exceptions.
a few of them, particularly the stronger hypnotics, and especially temazepam, have been well known to be fatal.

interesting. maybe i just learned something new today. i was under the impression that practically speaking, there was little risk of a fatal OD from benzos alone. i have to re-read that journal article when i am sober and have the time to check out some of its references, as that particular article seems more concerned with the dangers of any OD without or with the presence of another CNS depressant. but i did not do a great job of reading it and do not have the background to interpret those charts.

I rarely ever drink on benzos.i know drinking + benzos is a no no.
I took Id say 1 1/2 3o mg temaz earlier today.Then just no 4 1/2 mg of xanax.
I hate that benzos are so addictive and the tolerance level goes up so fast.=(
They are the only thing that makes me feel normal.Talkative etc since I have such bad social anxiety.

i find that mixing two long acting benzos at once, or say taking my dose of valium and get nice, hours later i'd eat 10mg kpin, and not feel it...but i can mix xanax with long acting benzos and still get an effect, i feel like it cross canceled the effects valium-klonopin mix same day, weird i dont knoww..

i mix temaz and xanax all the time...they honestly feel the same to me.

regardless of what conversion charts say, I think its a good solid 3x 30mg temazepam (90mg) to equal a 2mg bar., thats my opinion atleast.

but in my eyes they feel practically the same, i mix them, or take them seperately, its whatever.

Has anyone taken them together, or on the same day?

Also My tolerance to xanax is getting decently high. 4mg to even feel anything, and that sucks.Idk if I'm allowed to ask this on here as I am relatively new, but how much xanax would it take to OD?

I want to take some xanax,but like 2 hrs ago I took 60 mg of temaz, of course I didnt feel anything at all.So I was thinking of taking 4 mg of xanax.

I have a super high tolerance it seems, and that really sucks.What can i do to get that tolerance to go down?
that is not a high benzo tolerance

I've taken Xanax & (Restoril) Temazepam together at the same time.. Its just like taking a benzo, I dunno if they have a synergistic effect with each other or w/e but yeah temaz + xanax in moderate dosages works great... I've never understood why people think Temazepam is so good (Euphoric, they say) Every time I take Temazepam it either does hardly anything (cuz i didn't take enough 90mgs or less) or it makes me black out cuz i took too much (160mg - 190mgs which is like 1/4 of a script)

To die alone off xanax the LD 50 is around 15,000 - 20,000 mg's.

Mixing with other CNS depressants however and it's seeya later mate at a much lower dosage.

Status
Not open for further replies.