Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The Mephedrone Thread (4-mmc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'll try both mushies with 4-mmc and mushies with MDMA in the next coming months, once the season gets kicking =D

Just wanted a bit of an idea of what to expect thx Sustanon very appreciated.

I'd also like to hear verybuffeds question answered :p

verybuffed; 4-MMC will likely dominate the high because of its real push toward a positive feeling. On that note pscilosybin is a very potent hallucinogen, and in my experience with candy flipping on shrooms, i could barely notice any effect from the MDMA at all.

Interesting to see the anecdotal reports once a few people here have tried the combo.

I read through a fair few of the posts but i still wasn't able to get the answer i'm looking for, but i give my apologies in advance if it's already been explained.

I have recently scored caps in my area which my source claims to be MDMA, now with the current MDxx drought we've had over the last few months to a year it is only natural to be skeptical. I consumed after seeing friends on them ( who were all experienced users and looked like it was their first time ) and was pleasantly surprised, and I was completely certain it was MDMA myself. I am not completely sure though as it's been a long time since I consumed a pill or cap that was worth eating, or contained any MDxx at all, but from my memories of the beloved Green and White Hearts, I was completely sure it was the real deal. The only thing i found was that it didn't last as long as i remember it lasting. Every other symptom was what I remember what MD should be like.

A few weeks later, I received more caps being told they came from the same source and unfortunately they weren't.

I guess i'll get to my point now.
What does the Mephedrone powder look like compared to MD?
The first batch of caps i had, were completely full to the brim with a white powdery substance, it seemed like a baby powder consistency and mountained up onto itself when emptied for insufflation. I will note, that this first batch was absolutely fucking brilliant, and i loved every moment of it.

The second batch however when removed from their capsule to snort, came out pretty much solid, it dropped out in one single chunk and took a bit of effort to break down into a snortable powder, it reminded me very much of amphetamine due to it's crystalline appearance and how sticky it was to deal with. The effects were very much like speed which i would say I have used enough to know what's going on.

The reason I spoke about two the different batches is so that fellow bl'ers would help me identify which is 'Miaow" and what's not. I really do hope what im having is MD however.

Another question, has anyone reagent tested Mephedrone on Marquis/Mandelin/others to see the reaction it gives? I am interested to see what information a tester might provide.

any help is much appreciated, party safe

I read through a fair few of the posts but i still wasn't able to get the answer i'm looking for, but i give my apologies in advance if it's already been explained.

I have recently scored caps in my area which my source claims to be MDMA, now with the current MDxx drought we've had over the last few months to a year it is only natural to be skeptical. I consumed after seeing friends on them ( who were all experienced users and looked like it was their first time ) and was pleasantly surprised, and I was completely certain it was MDMA myself. I am not completely sure though as it's been a long time since I consumed a pill or cap that was worth eating, or contained any MDxx at all, but from my memories of the beloved Green and White Hearts, I was completely sure it was the real deal. The only thing i found was that it didn't last as long as i remember it lasting. Every other symptom was what I remember what MD should be like.

A few weeks later, I received more caps being told they came from the same source and unfortunately they weren't.

I guess i'll get to my point now.
What does the Mephedrone powder look like compared to MD?
The first batch of caps i had, were completely full to the brim with a white powdery substance, it seemed like a baby powder consistency and mountained up onto itself when emptied for insufflation. I will note, that this first batch was absolutely fucking brilliant, and i loved every moment of it.

The second batch however when removed from their capsule to snort, came out pretty much solid, it dropped out in one single chunk and took a bit of effort to break down into a snortable powder, it reminded me very much of amphetamine due to it's crystalline appearance and how sticky it was to deal with. The effects were very much like speed which i would say I have used enough to know what's going on.

The reason I spoke about two the different batches is so that fellow bl'ers would help me identify which is 'Miaow" and what's not. I really do hope what im having is MD however.

Another question, has anyone reagent tested Mephedrone on Marquis/Mandelin/others to see the reaction it gives? I am interested to see what information a tester might provide.

any help is much appreciated, party safe

Ok, here is the deal... What you got sounds to be most definitely mephedrone.
There are two different kinds of mephedrone though. The first batch you got that was a white powdery powder was what is called powdered mephedrone, an older method of refining and usually used for oral ingestion. The second, and much more potent when snorted IMO, was the crystal mephedrone, a newer method of refining. Both when orally ingested mimic mdma, with a speedier side, although only lasting about a third of the time that mdma lasts. It sounds like this is the compound that you ingested both times.
Good luck and stay safe.

I know for a FACT that their are true mdma caps circulating melbourne at the moment, BUT from the fact that they didn't last as long as it should've as FUSIONZ said it was most likely Mephedrone.

Also you should note that most of the MD caps circulating will not be filled to the brim whilst the Mephedrone caps will be, this is because less is needed of the MD to get the required high aswell it being far more expensive to get your hands on

As far as testing is concerned I'm sure it's in here somewhere that 4mmc turns orange on marquis, and m1 turns green =D

Party safe ;)

thestudent14; quantity in a cap is not a good guide. MDMA can and has been mixed with fillers so the full caps look better value. Other more potent compounds can also be mixed with a small amount of filler and passed off as partly filled caps of pure MDMA.

Also, to avoid reducing the already limited reliability of presumptive reagents, please check before posting when speaking of reaction colours.

4-MMC - Most users report Marquis + 4-MMC produces a pale yellow colour. A colleague working in forensics reported a pale pink coloured product when freshly prepared Marquis reacted with pure 4-MMC.

Methylone produces a yellow coloured product
when reacted with Marquis

p_d i think i've cited this before, but with my tests with a marquis reagent <6 months old - methylone gave a greenish reaction and 4mmc an orangey/yellow colour.

From ingestion, both of the substances appeared to be as they should effect wise. So i would speculate that adulterants/impurities would cause these slight differences in reaction with the marquis reagent. I would note that i find pink and orange to be two very different colours - and i know your sample of 4-mmc was definately pure based on evidence you've provided me in the past.

I urge anyone to please test these substances and take photos + upload them for the site for relative comparison as it would make for good discussion.

Also p_d, from my knowledge the key chemicals used in 4mmc production are 4-methylpropiophenone, bromine and methylamine, so i'd speculate the difference in colour could be from unreacted 4-methylpropiophenone left in the substance?

Could be the propiophenone, but I believe the bromo intermediate (4-methyl-2-bromopropiophenone) has been a major impurity in some tested samples. I can't say whether or not either is the cause of the orange reaction colour, but perhaps a orange colour should signal warnings rather than be considered a positive for 4-MMC.

Yes, the more photos of these reactions the better.

Some people may also be reagent testing substances that contain cuts which may lead to the differing results.

^ yes, agreed. The problem is even some major distributors were selling dodgy product, and we all know how powders are handled by the needy-greedy middlemen.

Has anyone mixed 4mmc and Methylone? The problem is I have a little bit of 4mmc and a fair bit of bk-mdma. Im guessing it would go alright but the after effects will have me awake hours after I have come down, I was wondering if anyone had mixed and two and would like to share their experience??

I believe the product known as 'bubbles' may have at one time been a mixture of 4-MMC and M1. There may be something in one of the legal high threads

p_d, i take it 4-methyl-2-bromopropiophenone is created when the propiophenone is brominated correct? It would be my guess that most 'lab' samples of this product would be at the lower end of the impurity spectrum (<10% impure)... I would be greatly concerned to see higher concentrations in supposed 99%+ product sold by vendors - although it is a possibility when quantity takes precedence over quality.

My answer to what would come up if tested was off MrIbis's post about 20 pages back :p

As far as the amount filled in the caps, I know it's not the best advice to go on, but I do know that their is alot of MDMA currently circulating melb in caps that won't be completely filled whilst the Meph ones have been. I know its not a diffinitive answer just something is going on atm.

But thankyou for the correction =D

most mephedrone caps I've had have been half full max. other than that i have tried this 'MDMA caps' and they are more similiar to piperzine than anything else. They are generally full, and have a pretty nasty smell.

Status
Not open for further replies.