• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

baclofen ultram combo? Safe?

Sweetlew

Greenlighter
Didn't turn up anything in the search, was curious if baclofen and ultram are alright together? Took a vicodin(500) and ultram (50mg) feeling pretty good for being sick, thought I might take a baclofen (10-20mg).

Other than depressing my cns more is this dangerous? From what I understand baclofen is basically a weak soma(I know it's different drug). Is it safe to assume if I can take a 350 soma with something I can take baclofen with it?

Thanks guys =)

They work on different GABA receptors.

It should be good in a nice low dose.

"They" as in both tramadol (ultram) & baclofen?????!? Tramadol is a mu-opioid agonist; a weak one at that.. around the same potency as codeine, w/ the added & unwanted effect of being a SNRI. Baclofen is a GABA-b agonist; completely different neurological action than a mu-opioid agonist.

Other than depressing my cns more is this dangerous? From what I understand baclofen is basically a weak soma(I know it's different drug). Is it safe to assume if I can take a 350 soma with something I can take baclofen with it?
I find baclofen very nauseating & impacting upon my GI-tract above 40mg-60mg.. but that's just me. It is a shame, however, there isn't much more information on this medication/substance around.. as it's a promising substance; it allows me to lower my buprenorphine dose from 4mg/day to 2mg/day (which is absolutely unheard of w/o baclofen).. but i take it on & off. I cannot take it w/ my butalbital (a barbiturate, for seizures), b/c of the combinative effect.

I wouldn't call baclofen a weak version of carisoprodol whatsoever. Actually, i'd compare carisoprodol more so to a potent cross between short-acting barbiturates & quick-onset benzodiazepines (I would choose carisoprodol over ANY benzodiazepine anyday. Especially since, for me at least, it lacks the amnesic effects of benzos). However, that's just me & my neurochemistry (although, withdrawal from it has shown that only treatment w/ phenobarbital will resolve delusional effects; not typical benzodiazepines). Baclofen is much more physical, more.. ugh, its hard to say.. more anxiolytic than any GABA-a positive modulator (benzos, barbs, etc) w/o the ataxia & drunken feeling; that's the best way I can put it.

However, I wouldn't advise to combine CNS depressants.. but i will say for MY EXPERIENCE? 350mg of carisoprodol is safer than baclofen combinations. But, not "safer" as in baclofen will make one DIE. As in.. you may end up puking for 2 days; that's what happened when i took a bit too much. Now i've learned my lesson & stick to no more than 20mg every 6 hours at least.

I know there was a thread here because I had a bad reaction once mixing the two and found this:
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/666977-baclofen-with-tramadol

I was using baclofen to help with alcohol cravings for a couple weeks. Then had back pain and took 50 mg tramadol. When I took my next 20 mg baclofen dose, I felt like I was ready to pass out. It was a bit scary because the dizziness lasted for hours. Apparently some people like the high but I'm not going to try that combo again anytime soon.