• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Loperamide (Immodium) Megathread: We have now lost at least 2 of our own from Lope

Status
Not open for further replies.
72 2mg pills work for me. have been off H for 2weeks today & used Loperamide 3x. gives me the energy i would get from being high, just without putting a needle in my arm 4-6 times a day.

ok sice i was forced to ..i been playing around with this ....does it make anybody else a lil antsy for a bit ......

my heart stil feels like its beeting hard ,blood pressure feels a bit up

mentally i feel great ,but even getting normal bowel movements ,hope they are normal is making me think im still sick ....

would stopping bowel movements affect food from getting into the bowels? or stop nutrients from being absorbed ....i get so hungry now,coarse its been years since i have been clean off of normal opiates ,maybe my natural hunger is back to normal?

also will loperamide make u fail a test for opiates?

^ You've DEFINITELY been here long enough to know there is no drug testing discussion permitted. Anything CAN be tested for, standard tests work by detecting metabolites in the urine... find out what metabolites the tests checks for and what metabolites a drug produces and you have your answer.

i dont have a test ,i was just curious if it showed up ...

what about the other things ....i take it ...next morn,take a crap then take it ...but i keep getting REALLY hungry to the point of growling stomach,am i messing with the food i have already ate bein absorbed?....this never happened on methadone or any other substance i was able to shit pretty regular in my addiction ,even to heroin

soory bot the test question ,was merely for informational purposes,since alot of people are taking it now

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Addiction-Substance-Abuse/Imodium--withdrawal/show/487155

This is a case of someone who OD'd on Loperamide and died. I found a more official version of the case before but can't seem to find it now. I remember "multiple massive organ failure" or something being part of it. I'm leaving this shit alone. It being so uncommon means that there's little information out there about the side effects and i've experienced at least 9 different ones personally. I keep picturing my insides liquefying. I have enough problems w/o a hospital stay with no insurance and having to say "yeah i was...uh, i was taking excessive amounts of Immodium...yeah Immodium...no really, it can get you high..."

1.2mg/L of blood... no wonder they died. When you have 100x the theraputic level of an opiate in you and you get drunk, what do you expect?

Aw man, I took a bunch of pills, did some hoodoo shit and got fuuuuuuuuuucked mate, better than fentanyl- Loperamide is my drug of choice!

Sorry, weird spasms. The keys are all right next to eachother. I found that 10mg of loperamide morning/night really helped make my last round of withdrawals (the first time I've used lope for w/d's) manageable. It was still unpleasant, but it helped reign the dopesickness back into regular-sickness territory, I'm not sure if it actually improved my w/d's or if it just did an extremely good job at taking the edge off the stomach/digestive problems.

At a certain point though, I found, it's actually better to stop taking them- I went from shitting molten lead in withdrawal to having a human metabolism and being painfully constipated- more pain in no way helped my opiate cravings. Methadone ain't gone nothing on loperamide constipation, nothing!

Iv'e been taking (roxie's, hydro's) over 30 year, at times copious amounts...
The poppy head tea blows everything outta' the water you just need basic chemistry to do it the correct way Iv'e heard people that have tried it & dont get it..."BASIC CHEMISTRY"

Last edited:
just wanted to add my 2 cents to this discussion. I was maintaing on lope for a long time (8 months) 200mg per day 24 hrs apart and I quit cold turkey after I got tired of it. It's very dirty, dehydrating, blurred vision, not pleasent so I quit.

My precipitated wd started about 48 hrs after my last dose of lope. I have wd from short acting opioids dozens of times but this lope wd is horrific and drawn out. Now on day 5, feeling a bit better, flushed, trots, anxiety, depression, insainity, delrium, all the ugly shit!

just be careful with this stuff and don't say you weren't warned!!

You did not experience"precipitated" withdrawls...

I'm trying to taper off opiates using lope...it was real moderate use but enough to give me mild w.d which I don't mind except I just started school and need to be on point

Basically what's the half life of lope? I've heard some people say 9-14hrs and others as much as 3 days. I took 36mg 4 days ago and am planning on taking another dose now...basically I just don't want to redose with lope already in my system thus increasing my levels and possibly prolonging w.d

idunno really,, but i found that Opiate withdrawl will even be gone afer i took 2x20mg today, it took WD symptoms are mostly gone.
Again kicking from H af afetr tapering with fentanyl.
Just tired, but i popped 50Mg oxa, 2mg Xanax and 30 mg of Dormicum.
I shall come back to tell you if and how i slept.

But i believe i won' tremember anything in the morning.=D
and that''s worth a lot, when withdrawling from opiates
But i need some sleep...8(

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Addiction-Substance-Abuse/Imodium--withdrawal/show/487155

This is a case of someone who OD'd on Loperamide and died. I found a more official version of the case before but can't seem to find it now. I remember "multiple massive organ failure" or something being part of it.

The abstract quoted apparently comes from:

J Anal Toxicol. 2005 Oct;29(7):750-4.
Tissue distribution of loperamide and N-desmethylloperamide following a fatal overdose.
Sklerov J, Levine B, Moore KA, Allan C, Fowler D.
Source
Division of Forensic Toxicology, Office of the Armed Forces Medical Examiner, 1413 Research Blvd., Rockville, Maryland 20850, USA.

I'd be interested in seeing this article and doing a write-up on the case for my blog. As you said, there's not a lot of information available on loperamide abuse or overdose. (And every time you try starting a conversation on the subject, you get jokes about bowel movements and the like, which are not particularly amusing and even less helpful).

i never got high off this shit. OH and i TRIED BELIEVE ME.
I once even tried to add an acetyl- group to it in hopes it would help cross the BBB. I did this by isolating the acetic acid from vinegar and cooking the two together till the acid was evaporated. Snorted prolly 2mg worth(all im willing to snort) and nothing

Chew up 24 pills with a glass of white grapefruit juice and 60mg DXM. Wait a couple hours. You'll then know why people swear by this drug. Don't let the fact that its marketed as an anti-diarrhea med fool you. After all, right there on the lable insert, one of the first side effects listed is "marked drowsiness" along with a couple other classic opioid effects. It works. Just because it embarrasses you to try it or to admit its efficacy doesn't mean its any less effective. Combined with DXM it really has a pronounced effect and is a very worthwhile addition to your opioid WD kit. Don't let your fear of being mocked get in the way of utilizing a very valuable tool for WDs, as well as for providing a moderate, sort of complex, opioid high that can last for many hours on end and provide relief for moderate WDs. It works, period.

Glad to see this topic still going. Some progress is being made. Soon LOPE might be the next big thing for the government to take away.
It does work, just not well.
I'll try the GFJ method one day.
Still very happy with codeine and its cheaper.
I've found that lope can push codeine a bit higher.
Fun time we live in.
Free world. Your free to do as you please, you just might end up in a free prison though.

I quite frankly have trouble believing anyone who say's they have gotten ANYTHING from this shit, much less a high. I tried when I was in DT's, believe me, NOTHING. Zilch. Nada. I took it and, badda bing badda bang, didn't shit for 2 days(in withdrawal!) and very, VERY painful when I did. I wouldn't reccomend this for anyone, unless you enjoy the placebo effect, or have an insanely low tolerance, or better yet, a !compromised Blood-brain-barrier!

WHich brings up a good point: with all the shit that can get you high, you would think that if your BBB blocks something, it DOES NOT need to be there.
But then again, I have a heroic tolerance, that even a compromised liver hasn't seemed to bring down. So maybe I am just an angry junky asshole!!!
I doubt it, but maybe...

bbb = blood brain barrier

*Big FYI, if you are considering trying getting high on Loperamide and usually take Hydrocodone/Oxycodone Loperamide will FUCK your tolerance. I was going to get 35 Vikes in a few days but i got impatient and decided to take some Loperamide to see what it was all about. It definitely works, got me high as a mofo ALLL DAY LONG.

BUT, and this for me is a BIG but...3 days later i took 2 Perks, then 3 Vikes (5MG each) - NOTHING. Kept upping the Vikes until i had taken TWELVE 5mg beans. I had no buzz to speak of. When i say no buzz, i'm talking absolutely zilch, zero. Normally i catch a good buzz from 1/3 that dose. Don't do Loperamide if you want to be able to take normal opiates (hydro/oxy) within a week's time. I wouldn't bother trying to dose yourself with hydro/oxy until at least a week after your Loperamide.

$100 down the drain for me. I felt like such a custy asshole not getting ANY kind of a buzz from 12 Vicodin.

*Edit* My loperamide dose was probably a bit excessive. I took 144 pills or 288mg. It is a very nice buzz and cheap, but you can only do it every 3rd day and even then i found myself increasing my dose by 50%. I also hate doing something so untested. Too few people have done it and ironed out all the kinks so i feel like i really don't have a clue what i'm getting myself into.

This has been my experience as well. Tolerance seems to build fast for Loperamide. I've been taking it for several months now exclusively and recently someone I know who quit pods gave me his stock and I couldn't feel anything off roughly 40 large heads finely ground and washed twice. However, when I waited to the peak of WD off Lope (which rivals precipitated WD for me at its peak) and took pod tea 20 were enough with one wash (I did not completely withdraw off Loperamide).

I am mainly interested at this point on the effects of longterm ingestion of high amounts of the binders in Loperamide. I know one of them is lactose which obviously isn't a big deal unless lactose intolerant. One is Magnesium Stearate -- Not sure what the verdict on this is.

At some point I will taper, just don't feel like it yet. Definitely don't quit this stuff cold turkey if you are dependent it will be HELL. I've WDed off pods with not much of an effort before, and I've experienced naltrexone induced precipitated withdrawal twice, and Loperamide definitely is on par with the latter when cold turkeying off extreme doses for me. Thankfully, its available at so many places and so affordable so the possibility of an unforeseen withdrawal is minimal.

Edit to add: At higher end doses (well into 3 digits mg) I experience blurred vision on occasion, and vertigo -- more vertigo than from a typical opioid/opiate. Both symptoms recede when coming down from plateau.

Some have mentioned in the past that crushing them may yield more potency. For me it makes no difference swallowing them whole or crushing except in the time it takes to comeup. Crushed its within an hour to reach plateau otherwise its closer to 2 hours.

Some TMI regarding BMs for those that need to know:
I get "pinecone" bowel movements if I do not take corrective action. For others that do -- generic Miralax / Polyethylene glycol in NORMAL indicated doses daily makes my BMs completely comfortable though does not increase the frequency.

Last edited:
Helped me alot with withdrawal but for me I didnt feel much anything but some of my wd pains going away

Status
Not open for further replies.