• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Kratom Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it. To clarify on electrolytes, for WD's or for potentiation, take the RDA of the ones you mentioned via supplements, and then eat foods rich in those electrolytes in addition to the dietary supplement?

So, for example, on those occasions where you took 1.5 tsp, did you take a CAL/MAG/POT supp, then eat/drink bananas, milk, etc. and achieved more of your desired results with less Kratom?

And lastly, do you think potentiators (Gfruit Juice, DXM, Cimetidine) for oxycodone and the like would also potentiate Kratom?

Yes, I take the RDA and then eat foods rich in all 3. I eat a lot of avocados, as I don't care much for bananas. I also started taking Blackstrap Molasses, up to 3 tablespoons per day. It's really rich in minerals and is relatively inexpensive and a great sweetener. Now, twice I took the molasses about 1 hour after a kratom serving and I was hit like a train. It caused more of a sedative euphoria than my regularly energized experience. I personally do not like that, so I now space out my supplements by 2 hours. Again, could be a total coincidence, but I always stay at the same dose, method, and supplier, so it was the only factor that changed. I've also noticed that if I am overly dehydrated and deficient in potassium (confirmed through blood work), with continued use obviously, Kratom stops working for me as if I took it on a full stomach. If I supplement and consume roughly 90 ounces of water daily, my tolerance stays the same and it's enjoyable. If I slack off, everything goes to shit.

Try this: Go to the store and buy an antacid called Tagamet (cimetidine). It's OTC and has no CNS effects of it's own, however it inhibits enzymes in your stomach that alter the way kratom (and other drugs) are absorbed. I find that when using 200-400mg of cimetidine before my kratom dose, not only is the effect much stronger, but also 'headier', in the sense of it's more euphoric to one's state of mind as opposed to giving a body high.

I would caution against frequent use of Tagamet or other h2 blockers mixed with Kratom, as studies have shown h2 blockers can cause mineral deficiencies and kratom is a diuretic that causes mineral depletion. Mixed together you could seriously fuck up your electrolytes, if used long term. You'll definitely need to add in some supplementation and test your levels frequently. Calcium, magnesium, and/or potassium deficiencies can cause serious health problems, specifically cardiac problems. Kratom by itself appears to be relatively safe, but who knows the damage if mixed with stuff.

Not sure I understand how these super threads work but I searched this and didn't find anything about the following....

I am waiting on some Kratom as we speak and have never tried it. How would this stuff be to combat coming down off of amphetamines? Adderall specifically.

Hello following question is buggling my mind:

about kratom usage affecting serotonin release with recreational drugs especially MDMA.

It not about Combining the too rather the kratom decreasing the experiences of MDMA and if other users have experienced it or have some input on the topic.

Greetings Mr.T

Mr. T, from what I've read, and from what the moderators here have stated, Kratom is not serotenergic (serotonin), just adrenergic (adrenaline/norepinephrine). It contains yohimbine-like alkaloids, which are believed to play a role in the NRI effects of Kratom.

This might lead to an increase in stimulation and heart rate, which could be dangerous. I would bet it would be mild however, and the "yohimbine-like alkaloids" might decrease the vasoconstriction of stimulants, enabling one to get an erection.

I've had MDMA and kratom in close vicinity, no issues noted.

I would caution against frequent use of Tagamet or other h2 blockers mixed with Kratom, as studies have shown h2 blockers can cause mineral deficiencies and kratom is a diuretic that causes mineral depletion. Mixed together you could seriously fuck up your electrolytes, if used long term. You'll definitely need to add in some supplementation and test your levels frequently. Calcium, magnesium, and/or potassium deficiencies can cause serious health problems, specifically cardiac problems. Kratom by itself appears to be relatively safe, but who knows the damage if mixed with stuff.

Thank you for pointing this out. I've tried doing some research into long-term effects from the frequent use of cimetidine, and so far everything I've read points to it being rather safe for extend periods of use. There doesn't seem to be any documented cases of adverse effects from cimetidine use, and also there are quite a few studies I've read where folks undergo high-dose therapy with cimetidine for extended periods of time, with absolutely no adverse effects. I take all of this with a grain of salt, and still consider the possibility that I could be throwing something off by eating ~400-800mg of cimetidine a day. Personally, I'm actually prone to GI and acid-reflux type issues and have even been hospitalized with what the doctors were calling 'gastritis' (long before I began using cimetidine or kratom), so antacids are my friend and are a common tool in my arsenal regardless of kratom use or not. I should also point out that I have not experienced any kind of effect that makes me think that my extended use of cimetidine or kratom has resulted in anything negative. I actually have not had any GI-related issues at all since I began using them. My digestive system has been problem free for almost two years now! It will be interesting to see what would happen if (when) I completely stop use of cimetidine, because it's more or less been ingested almost daily for the past year or so.

I would like to switch over to using grapefruit juice solely as a potentiator or maybe some other herb. I don't like synthetic drugs even if they are just a harmless antacid. So far though, it doesn't seem to have hurt me.

^I would definitely switch to WGFJ over cimetidine... In two drugs similar in effect, I'd always pick the one from nature.

In two drugs similar in effect, I'd always pick the one from nature.

You took the words directly off my keyboard. I'm always all about that.

Only difference is I find cimetidine to actually be significantly more effective than GFJ. Also, one of them lowers the acidity in my stomach, the other raises it. Difficult choice when living with acid reflux.

The only thing kratom really ever induced for me was a gag reflex, but I'm glad to see it works for so many people.

The only thing kratom really ever induced for me was a gag reflex, but I'm glad to see it works for so many people.

Try capsuling it. I personally use the huge size 000 capsules that hold nearly a gram of powder. Works great this way!

Especially with a good extract, you can usually fit a strong dose into just one or two capsules. Even plain leaf, with my high tolerance, it only takes me about ~10 caps for a strong buzz. Much easier and less gross than snarfing it.

Can't beat the speedy onset and small rush you get from snarfing it in OJ though.

I love snarfing...

Well, I thought Kratom was too good to be true, and at least for me, I think it is.

About a month ago, I had never heard of it until I was on this site, and is seemed from the threads it would be really good for my upcoming oxycodone wd's (30 day use/80-120mg per day) which I've always hated and never found anything to avoid them (Sub excluded). I was amazed that I hardly had any wd's, the product was legal, and relatively cheap. So all has been good for the first 3 weeks of use, and I've taken about 18-25g/day via capsules(probably a little on the high side as far as dose is concerned) of Indo Kratom from a reputable and highly reviewed source.

For the last 2.5 days, my stomach has been in chards, with a gurgling noise and diarrhea (I don't believe I've ever had diarrhea for more than a day). I believe someone else wrote in this thread of a very similar experience but I thought it was probably an abberation and didn't pay much attention.

I've also read here that kratom is in fact an opiate (plant-based). The only problems I've ever had with synthetic opiates (hydro and oxy) is constipation, which I never really minded, and thought that is likely all that Kratom would bring in terms of sides. But these side effects are a completely different animal, and assuming it is the Kratom(about 90% sure it is), then, well it has me rethinking the whole Kratom experience. And it really effin' sucks because I like Kratom, but I HATE the aforementined GI issues even more.:(

Any feedback would be appreciated.

I've read from several posters that Kratom is high in fiber. Any possible way that this is related to incorporating a very large amount of fiber into my diet (via Kratom) over the past 3-4 weeks??

Last edited:
^It will change your stool because of both the high fiber content and the opioids within. As for the stomach rumbling, I'd say it could be related, or it could be something else.

^It will change your stool because of both the high fiber content and the opioids within. As for the stomach rumbling, I'd say it could be related, or it could be something else.
Do you know, roughly, the fiber per gram? Wouldn't the opioids within promote constipation or solid stool, as opposed to my issue?

I didn't get your problem completely the first time. Yes, opioids should substantially slow down motility. I'll also say that this slow down for me was always stronger than the increased motility from the increased fiber in my experiences.

Well, I thought Kratom was too good to be true, and at least for me, I think it is.

About a month ago, I had never heard of it until I was on this site, and is seemed from the threads it would be really good for my upcoming oxycodone wd's (30 day use/80-120mg per day) which I've always hated and never found anything to avoid them (Sub excluded). I was amazed that I hardly had any wd's, the product was legal, and relatively cheap. So all has been good for the first 3 weeks of use, and I've taken about 18-25g/day via capsules(probably a little on the high side as far as dose is concerned) of Indo Kratom from a reputable and highly reviewed source.

For the last 2.5 days, my stomach has been in chards, with a gurgling noise and diarrhea (I don't believe I've ever had diarrhea for more than a day). I believe someone else wrote in this thread of a very similar experience but I thought it was probably an abberation and didn't pay much attention.

I've also read here that kratom is in fact an opiate (plant-based). The only problems I've ever had with synthetic opiates (hydro and oxy) is constipation, which I never really minded, and thought that is likely all that Kratom would bring in terms of sides. But these side effects are a completely different animal, and assuming it is the Kratom(about 90% sure it is), then, well it has me rethinking the whole Kratom experience. And it really effin' sucks because I like Kratom, but I HATE the aforementined GI issues even more.:(

Any feedback would be appreciated.

I've read from several posters that Kratom is high in fiber. Any possible way that this is related to incorporating a very large amount of fiber into my diet (via Kratom) over the past 3-4 weeks??

I've had some stomach discomfort as well since starting kratom. It seems my stomach churns a lot after taking a dose, so it probably is the kratom causing that. As for the diarrhea, i don't have that problem. I took suboxone for a long time, and was always constipated, only having bowel movements 1-2 times a week. This hasnt changed since i've started taking kratom, so i dont think its causing your diarrhea, but I'm no doctor and it very well could be possible

I've had some stomach discomfort as well since starting kratom. It seems my stomach churns a lot after taking a dose, so it probably is the kratom causing that. As for the diarrhea, i don't have that problem. I took suboxone for a long time, and was always constipated, only having bowel movements 1-2 times a week. This hasnt changed since i've started taking kratom, so i dont think its causing your diarrhea, but I'm no doctor and it very well could be possible

Thanks. I've been off Sub for about a year, it did the same to me. How long have you used Kratom?

Ok, I could use some serious opinions here if anyone has the time.

Back in May I got off bupe and I used Kratom for the w/d's; it felt great and I would experience euphoria. After I quit taking Kratom, I didn't take anything for a few months and now when I take it I get absolutely no euphoria but a slight body buzz. I switched vendors because of an overcharge on shipping.

Is it likely that I just have not been able to find another good vendor or is something else to blame for my lack of euphoria since I am totally off everything and only take Kratom every so often? I'm considering going back to my original vendor since that seems to be the likely culprit but I'm curious if anyone else has experienced a similar situation.

^yeah must just be getting some crappy kratom or something. Maybe try a different strain, or a new vendor. It's not like its hard to find kratom vendors, there are many.

Thanks. I've been off Sub for about a year, it did the same to me. How long have you used Kratom?

I havent been using kratom all that long.I started sometime in early october. It kinda sucks TBH, now i have to worry about having kratom to get through the day. I'd almost rather still be on suboxone, but i know when the time comes to stop taking the kratom, it will be a hell of a lot easier to do, time wise, than quitting suboxone. Sub WDs can last over a month and that is god damn ridiculous. Kratom withdrawals will be over in like a week, much more manageable when you have school and work to contend with

It actually may not be kratom causing your stomach problems, it could be anxiety. I know that when i am worried about things, i get stomach pain. I've been pretty stressed since i started kratom and it could be that causing my stomach pain and i am incorrectly attributing it to the kratom. I really don't know though.

^I agree that Suboxone is better to stay on long term. The benefit from kratom is highest when used just to substitute in withdrawal.

Status
Not open for further replies.