• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin How bad will my withdrawls be?

thEEastsidEsnipEr

Greenlighter
I've been usinG HEROIN for about three months and use about 30 units 3 to 4 times throughout the day and, was woondering if anyone could tell me if withdrawls will be bad enough to require medication to help me quit.:?

The withdrawls are gonna be bad, but the best thing is to not use medication to get rid off it.

I was informed that the withdrawls varied from person to person depending on one's tolerance and i think my tolerance isn't high at all. why would you recommend not using other medication to quit?

Though it'll be tough, my suggestion is to go cold turkey. Don't get on suboxone and defiantly don't get on methadone. Most likely you will stay on it and end up increasing tolerance and just kicking the can down the road. If it makes you feel better, I'd KILL to go back to the days when I was only 3 months in. 3 months is long enough for physical dependence, but it's not as bad as a year(s) long addiction.

I went on methadone, then suboxone and have been there for years now. Was only suppose to help me get clean, but ya know how that goes. I am now on a tiny dose, but still dependent.. :-/ Good luck

From what I've heard, Methadone is the devil. Stay away from that shit at all costs.

Suboxone is a much better route, however, I agree with Captain Quantum, the best way to quit is cold turkey with out the use of the aforementioned medicines.

Try and go cold turkey, and I mean REALLY try. If you can't do it, make an appointment with your doc and inquire about suboxone. A lot of times they will put you on a 5 week schedule or something, allowing you to kick the habit with the least amount of pain. I do not know any of this from experience, so my information may be a little off.

Good luck!

What dose is in your 30 units that you use? 3 months isn't that long, so your withdrawals will likely peak between 2-3 days after your last dose, and you should start feeling better after that. For your habit you should try to stop "cold turkey" as others have said, but if you use medication you should only use it for a few days. I have done a 4 day methadone detox that was relatively painless, but using any longer than that can complicate things by just prolonging the inevitable withdrawals. A 2-4 day suboxone detox is another option, but again, only use it for a few days otherwise it will just complicate things. Part of withdrawals is from using high doses, and another part is from the amount of time on opiates, so a long taper may not be a good idea since it will lead to a longer period in which your body becomes more accustomed to operating with opiates in it, making the transition to having no opiates in your system a little more difficult.

For information about opiate withdrawal and ways to ease the symptoms, check out this thread.

If I were you, I'd acquire 1-2 Suboxone and make them last as long as possible.

Use Ondasetron (Zofran) and Loperamide (Immodium) to ease W/D after the subs are gone. I'd try to be using subs no more than 1-2 weeks tops (when dosing, less is more. If you can get off in less than a week, do it) , rapid detox.

I use about a third of a baloon..ten dollar bag or less usually a baloon last me two days..is that a high dose. Also I got about 10 subs and 7 methadone 10mg..how do I use them if I should to taper down..

That's a low dose. You should try to just stop cold turkey, and use some OTC meds to help with the withdrawal. Methadone or suboxone would probably raise your tolerance actually, making it worse in the end, unless you took very small doses.

This thread post has them listed.

You should be fine though. If you have trouble sleeping try an OTC sleep aid/antihistamine like diphenhydramine (1-2 pills). If your stomach is turning and you have loose bowels, then take some loperamide (try 10mg to start).

No bro that is not a high dose, Fuck i was bangin' 6 to 7 balloons a day for a minute, and I thought that was relatively small sizing at least to me it was, until my 45 yr old East LA dpe DLR was like dam man how many loons you use a day? 6 to 7?!?! But I'm use to getting good BLK in San diego before it gets totally cut up the coast. I digress, like most people here, try to kick through it and use OTC meds or maybe get lil something for the anxiety, but dude, those subs and especially the methadone will be a tougher kick then the habit you have now. Only use for 2-3 days the subs. And you have to wait 24 hours after your last fix. Good luck man. Kick this shit and be Free forever. Peace.

So how would you recommend quitting? I already messed up and got high again only this time got an excruciating headache don't know if I used to much water or what. I'm not to experienced with h so I got a lot of respect for the drug meaning I know it can kill me so I'm careful not to pig out..

why is it that I have been (only recently) seeing people refer to the dosage in units... I was under the impression that u cooked ur shit then units of water didnt matter... its how much dope is in the spoon... whats up with this???

diphenhydramine HCL is great stuff to cut the stuffy nose, watery eyes and you might bea ble to catch a nap on 60mg of diphenhydramine citrate if insomnia plagues you. i do not how ever think you are far enough on the boy to need suboxone let alone methodone (nasty stuff, you think your scared of w/d now?)

i think that if you have the balls to do smack you should be able to handle the whole ride. im sure you will be ok. good luck =)