• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Shadow People The Visual Noise Theory

hmm, i've only ever had this off speed binges, like 2+ days. Once you hit the third night it's so bad you just don't wanna carry on, probably why i've never been a big speed user.

Although i've never had them laugh or act strange, i'll just be walking somewhere and see someone stood in the street but they dissapear when I get close..pretty freaky.

Good theory though hah.
exactly the same for me.i dont like em,even if they arent real,it still scares the shit outta me lol.i actually ran from my room to my bathroom(had to piss really bad...damn you adderall)and back to my lit up room runnin through "shadow people" on my way there.lol i never knew i was such a bitch =D

A long long long time ago - about 10 years ago - I had been up for 5 days and me and a friend went to a forest to sleep it off. Before I nodded off I saw lots of shadow cops behind every tree and bush coming to arrest me, and my friend saw them too.

Get this, shadow people have jobs too!

Ah I've had some interesting encounters with hatman/shadowman,

He always appears in on location, my friends basement, under extreme inebriation.

Its strange, its always a shared visual, moving the same way for all people involved.

He darts around corners in one corner of the room, almost toying with you. He has a mischievous smile, very evil looking. But I've become so familiar with him that his presence is no longer threatening. He appeared first after my friend and I smoke a large quantity of cannabis after a 7 month tolerance break. It was so strange how he showed up at the same time for both of us, we both physically reacted to his advances in the same manner, it was insane.

Now I talk like this shadow man is a sentient being, but don't get me wrong, I'm not schizophrenic or anything, but dabbling in insanity like that is kinda fun haha.

A long long long time ago - about 10 years ago - I had been up for 5 days and me and a friend went to a forest to sleep it off. Before I nodded off I saw lots of shadow cops behind every tree and bush coming to arrest me, and my friend saw them too.

Get this, shadow people have jobs too!

That's fucking hilarious dude haha.

I thankfully don't think/can't remember experiencing them.

Only shit that has happened to me is when I'm borderline asleep, listening to music, i'd say 60% asleep, then wake up I saw a floating pirate shit... trippy shit. Disapeard in a second though.

Hmm...Your visual noise theory sounds a lot like the anthropological theory of Entoptic Phenomena which sometiems is applied in attempts to explain the common geometric shapes and patterns of indigenous peoples cross-culturally. Patterns such as spirals, and whatnot.

I believe Mckenna and other psychedelic theorists have vehemently opposed the idea of entoptic phenom in describing solid-state "true hallucinations" that are way too complex to be solely entopic and there's some sort of intercommunication that's happening between a person that ate the plant and the plant itself. Of course this is only if you are talking to the plant-based psychedelic heads do they say that there's something external happening. Cats like Shulgin do mostly laboratory creations and say psychedelics catalyze the ability to access information....Whose right here? Maybe they both are...

A lot of anthropologists continue to try to use entoptics to explain away the psychedelic experience and say there psychedelics can reshuffle the ones symbols and archetype and reformat them in a novel way. And although I can't cite you any specific examples, I know many have had to reevaluate their own theories after taking ayahuasca and experiencing designs that were totally alien to their cultural context. But there's lots of anecdotal evidence for either opinion.