• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

how to inject heroin

so im thinking about shooting but im always thinking like what if i get an air bubble inside and i die

it takes about one full CC of air to cause harm, if memory serves.

and im thinking how much should i use of water and should i use a whole bag or only half a bag cuz im scared to OD,

my bf used to shoot up heroin before but he went back to sniffing and i had asked him long ago if he would help me shoot up but he didnt want 2 so , i dunno im conflicted

ask him why that is. his response may help you make up your mind.

if anyone has any advice on how much water to use and stuff and since im scared of needles im thinking to just shoot up in the veins in my hand cuz id be more comfortable doing it that way then on the inside of my elbow , Thanks - Penny

Use enough water to dissolve the heroin completely, and not much more. Filter it with cotton. Clean the injection site before administering the shot. So far as the actual injection, you just push the needle into your vein at a 30 degree angle, with the needle's opening facing up at you. Pull back to verify you're in, and push down.

You can probably handle a whole bag. You would be much better off starting small though. You CAN die from this, after all...

I shot dope from the age of 17 til just before I turned 21, nearly every day. I'll be 23 in July and I've been clean and sober for a year and a half-ish. I won't knock you for deciding to go down that path, it shaped the person I am today, but think very carefully before you make that decision. Shoot up one time, and if you're anything like me, things will NEVER be the same.

Should you saline or something else to mix in the dope?

Or can you just tap water? If you use tap water, you still don't have to heat it up?

What about the whole tying off thing? Is that just so your veins are popping out? Do you have to release the belt (or whatever) once you've registered in the vein or do you wait until you've shot or does it not matter?

Edit: Oh, and if you went to the pharmacy, what would you say to the pharmacist? Something like, "I'm supposed to pickup some 28 (is that too low?) gauge insulin needles". Would those work and are they such a thing?

Yeah just act cool with the pharmacist , it is a little awkward especially if there are 20 old ppl in line around u. I;m skinny but my veins dont pop out and a lot i hit without even seeing it but i tie off bang it take belt off

How would I further sterilize the solution? I thought I saw something on here about putting neosporin or something else over the injection site to get it to heal quicker?

As for as the needles go, can I just walk up to the pharmacist and ask for "BD 29gauge insulin needles"....is it an insulin needle or do should I not even say that? I'd be just trying to make it seem like I'm buying an insulin needle for someone, not trying to shoot up. :\ Would they know that brand name, "BD"?

Do you think 29 is a good size to start for someone whose never done it? Too big or too small?

Thanks for the replies guys. If I'm going to do this, I'd like to do it right. :)

I would suggest not doing it. And yeah like anywhere from 28-31 or w.e is fine ... if you have easy veins to see get a short tip it should be really easy.

Proper injection technique and sanitation are pretty important subjects, as well as dosing.

I think a really important aspect to getting a good hit is to angle the needle as parallel as practically possible to your arm because you don't want to go through to the other side of the vein, which actually happens very often. I always use a tie and I can understand why some people don't let go of it after they register, cause sometimes after you let go the tie can fall down your arm and onto your needle fucking up your whole posture, which on some occasions can lead to a missed hit. Whenever this happens I usually re-register to make sure I'm still in, missed shots fucking suck and having an abscess sucks even more. Skin-popping is definitely no practical way to consume heroin, it can totally lead to infections and it's also a lot more unsightly than track-marks. I guess when you properly hit the vein your immune system and liver and whatnot do a decent job of cleaning up the shit, but if it just sits under your skin it causes infection. I use alcohol pads when I can, and if I dont have any I use a bit of warm water and soap.

For an opiate naive user I would definitely not suggest anything more than half a 10$ bag like what most people are saying, less than that is even probably enough. I almost fucking OD'ed just last week on only shooting one bag, and this was on like day 3 or so within a 5-day binge where I thought I might have developed some sort of tolerance. I'm not totally sure but it might have been raw (uncut shit) but I basically blacked out for about an hour or so and had a headache for a couple hours.

The first time I ever did H when I was 16 I remember the dude who introduced me to it actually ODed on the way back home from the spot. He had taken a shitload of xanax earlier that day too and it might have been a suicide attempt. Well anyways I called 911 when we were in a decent area, and before they came I stashed the bags underneath a nearby bush. A cop came too but he wasn't a dick about it and didn't search me or anything. This happened in a fringe area suburb of Chicago somewhere off 290. They took him away and just left me alone on my merry way.

trutst me it works ice in butt...

just yesturday i od on herion...i only did 30 unit but it was some strong shit...i fell flat on my face stop breathing...i dnt remember a thing besides waking up soking wet and my pants down... but it save my life... my bf heard that old myth of putting a ice cube in your rectum if someone was to od...though it may be embarassing it saved my life...he also threw cold water on my face and had to breath air into my lungs. i dont remember a thing and i do have a high tolorence.. but that doesnt matter it could happen to you...and if it wasnt for my bf to put a ice cube in my butt...which is absoultely embarrassing i wouldnt be here...in any case you still want to call 911... i just wanted to share this with you cuz ppl were sayin it doesnt work...well i know first hand... ive never heard of such thing but thank God for myths cuz this one works...but remember not all situations are the same so try and be responsible...thanks for hearing me out....

Shoving ice up your butt is not saving someone from an opiate overdose.

The only way you can "save someone from an opiate overdose" is to administer an antagonist, such as naloxone hcl, via injection.

Your "myth" did not work, you just happened to take enough to have a near-fatal but not fatal overdose.

Your "bf" should have called 911 if he cared at all about you if you had truly consumed an overdose.

gonna try harm prevention

I dunno if this is OK on bluelight, im kinda new, but here goes

Penny

im scared to OD, my bf used to shoot up heroin before but he went back to sniffing and i had asked him long ago if he would help me shoot up but he didnt want 2 so , i dunno im conflicted

after reading your post Id recommend that you DONT try booting H. You sound a little frazzled, and conflicted, like you said. If you still wanna use needles after reading this then I guess youre an adult and can do what you want. And some of the people on here can give you good advice how to stay healthy.

Needles are AWFUL hard to get away from, especially needles full of heroin. You seem like maybe youre still on the fence, so im gonna gently try to tug you back. I spent a year in a halfway house (I shook a meth habit and yes i was booting, but its not the same as heroin) and I watched over 600 junkies try to leave the needle and fail. Not ONE success. :( Some made it 6 months or so, but in the end the needle took them all back. And they all really belived they were gonna get clean.

BTW I smoked H before and it was unreal. 8o Way better than sniffing it. People have told me its 90% as good as booting. Id recommend you go that way instead of shooting it. Health wise its alot safer too. Not just with AIDs either. The junkies I knew in the halfway house all had these open abcesses where they shot up ( I guess its from doing it over and over in the same place).

Anyways, thats my best shot. Good Luck to you Penny :)

ppfffffffffff

just saw the date that penny posted...gonna have to watch that

can anyone help me i got some stuff and its just completely stuck to the bag so how can i mix it or dry it out so its a powder and easier to mix? thank you?

that we keep a pin full of cocaine incase of an OD, will this really work? or dumping cold buckets of water over the person head?? Is there a possibility of them seizing or frothing at the mouth? Im nervous about this.

If you want to speedball and worsen the effect. In other words, no. Very bad idea. Just use SMALL doses! You can always re-dose but never reverse one. Remember that.

i randomly came across the site trying to find an answer to a question i have... so i figured i'd ask... a lot of times when i shoot up in my hand(it doesnt happen when i use my arm), i'll pull back and get blood so i know i'm in.. but after i shoot it, bubbles under my skin appear and it's not even by the injection site, it's like a few inches away, why is that? and i'm pretty certain i'm not missing because since it happens like everytime, i tend to pull back 2 or 3 times to make sure i'm still in while injecting it. so i hope this question makes sense and someone can help me. :]

^prolly has to do with the histamine reaction caused by the heroin and the fact that the veins on the hand are usually smaller than other veins.

get approx 50 -100 units of cold water in the syringe
mix the dope with the water in a spoon
boil lightly until the dope at the bottom of the spoon dissolves (dont overheat)
place a half a clean cottonball in the spoon and let the solution absorb
place the needle on top of the cotton and draw the dope into the syringe
flick the syringe until ALL air bubbles are gone (DO NOT INJECT BUBBLES)
tie off your arm with a belt
look for a popped/raised vein
inject the needle and pull back on the plunger drawing blood into the syringe
push plunger all the way down and remove belt
WHAM! youre high

it's pretty much close to shooting coke.
get a spoon/container, melt the substance in water/lemon juice thoroughly, draw up the syringe, find a vein, go for it! be safe~

wow realy it takes alot to od are you fucking stupit how can you say that !!!

i did half a fucking bag the first time and odd

Hmm Theodore Roosevelt hasn't come back...he must have realized how damn stupid his post was.

Please don't listen to him...why in the world would anyone beleive you wouldnt od from 1.4grams of H...even an opiate tolerant person easily could