• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine Mega Thread and FAQ v16.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know what you mean... you wanna take 2mg and 4mg breaks off and is barely a line.. i can't imagine taking .5 or 1mg due to the tiny volume its strange..
Although i had about 1-2mg left and my freaking cleaning lady came today and wiped if off of my desk (it was hidden too) after i said don't clean there... damnit.

When i did quit subs in the past, i didn't even mention it to my doctor.. just kept hoarding subs and tapering my dose haha.. you can do it! Sounds like you arent sure if you want to perhaps.

I totally think you hit the spot. I feel as though I should self-tapering at the right pace and just stock pile my subs in case of an emergency down the road, but there is a part of me that is content taking 1.5 strips a day because that's what I've been use to for the past twenty months. It's tough changing up the amount of sub I take, I'd rather just take 2-4mg daily if that's all it took. Not that it would be right, but if one was to stop taking sub, go into withdraw, take their DOC for 3-4 days, then induce sub at 2-4mgs daily would their body adjust to take or still desire the 12-16mgs?

^It would likely be easier to just quickly taper down 2 mg every 3 or 4 days. You probably wouldn't even notice much in he drop until you got to 8 to 6, at that point you could do 1 mg every 3-4 days and I think you'd not even notice much of a difference. Doing what you are saying is having to go through induction again, pointless unless you are just trying to come up with an excuse to go on a vacation from Suboxone.

i think bupe has a ceiling effect, its a different dose for different people, but you might find you dont need any more than 6mg or even 4 mg. I had a couple of months on 8 mg and it was a piece of piss to cut down to 2mg. It started getting harder then though. Ive been dropping by 0.5 every week or every 2 weeks depending on how i feel.

It all boils down to whether you want to get off it or not. If i was getting it for free it would be a lot harder to resist and taper off, but because i have to pay a small fortune for it that i cannot afford, it has given me a real incentive to get off it.

The majority of people don't notice any real difference from the dosage change until they get down to 2-4mg's and below. Then you can start to feel it. However like I said, the change in effects from super high doses like 16 or 24 mg's to 8mg's, the change from 8mg's to 4 mg's, etc, is usually pretty unnoticeable.

I also have a question about the tapering, ceiling affect, and less is more theory.
As I mentioned I am on 2 x 8mg Suboxone per day. I know now that this is a silly amount especially for how long I have been on it. And I'm just saying its silly for me- I know everyone is different and others might need that. For me, though, it is time to take it down a notch or two. So my questions are:
I want to taper down to 4mg 2 x day. I will follow one of the taper methods in a thread I found on BL. How long would one guess it would take to get rid of the Bupe/naloxone I have already built up in my system? I have been on 16mgs per day for 8.5 months. I am not trying to relapse I just want to get the most I can out of the lower dose- mayb the less is more theory applies here. I also feel like its pointless for me to take as much as I am. And maybe this is impossible to answer definitively. But I'm worried about the ceiling affect and the levels I have built up in my system. I read above that this transition should be smooth so I'm not worried about that. I'm just worried about having so much built up that the lower doses will feel pointless or obsolete for a long period of time.
Every time I ask questions on here I feel downright silly because I'm probably not making any sense. But I always appreciate the answers and help I get. Thank you!

ZombieAssasin:
Hope everything is going well for you and I hope the suboxone is working as well. It sounds like you are doing everything right :)

Is it normal to get nausea out of nowhere and having to use my atarax script way more than when I was on methadone (i'd only use atarax on methadone to enhance it, as far as bupe goes, it's only to cut off the nausea). I am at a dosage....well almost...i'm at 10mg and I think 12 will be optimal for me. Or maybe not, I started experimenting with the cotton soaked in alcoholic solution of bupe and i'm definitely noticing more of a buzz and a reduction in dose (only took 6mg/7mg a day since I've been doing it).

This and headaches so far are my biggest complaints. The constipation is far less evil than with methadone, and my testosterone levels are now close to normal one month and a week after the switch.

Is the final jump off from a dose of 0.5 of bupe any worse than all the other 0.5 reductions that ive been taking to get down to this level ? Ive heard that once you're finally off bupe the mental effects of depression and low mood are not as bad as other opiates. I hope that true, just wondering how much harder the final jump off is gonna be, compared to all the other dose reductions ive been gradually doing.

damn thats not what i wanted to hear, but i feared that would be the case. Gonna try and do it tomorrow. Might try 0.5 every 48 hours as a halfway jump, sort of thing, for a week or so, or just stick it out if its managable.

Try to jump at even lower if you can. With the strips, I had no problem cutting them down into .125 pieces. But even .25 is good. You'd be surprised how big of a difference it makes from coming off .5

Good idea, that thought had just popped into my head 10 minutes ago. 0.25 it is then. Ive got pills rather than strips so they wont be quite so easy to cut down, but its still roughly do-able.

Good idea, that thought had just popped into my head 10 minutes ago. 0.25 it is then. Ive got pills rather than strips so they wont be quite so easy to cut down, but its still roughly do-able.

Definitely doable. I've weened down with the pills to the point where I was sticking just shavings under my tongue. Ha.

suboxone withdrawal after 6 months IV use

hello everybody,

I am new to bluelight and this is my first post so please be easy on me and let me know if I have made any mistakes.

I began using oxy 30's (about 1 a day) intravenously about 7 months ago and I got sick of it in about a month and tried to quit cold turkey. I became immediately sick after the perks wore off and my friend suggested suboxone. I didnt know anything about it but he has been shooting the stuff for years so I figured I would try it out. BAD IDEA FOR ME, I've been stuck on it ever since. I turned a not so serious oxy addiction into a serious sub addiction/dependency. I tried quitting about a month after starting suboxone injection and I noticed withdrawals somewhere between 12-24 hours after my last dose, which was pretty low by the way. I was only taking tiny crumbs, equivalent to about .25mgs every 24 hours. (I tapered using ROBERT_325'S method) I think the strips I was using have a higher bioavailabilty when injected so that may be the reason I was experiencing such strong withdrawals after such short-term use. ANYWAYS, I made it to day 4 when I decided i couldnt take it anymore. The worst of my symptoms was the chronic fatigue. I was feeling extremely tired and unmotivated. It got the point that i couldnt even get my mind off it at school when i was in class. I love college so it should have been easy for me to direct my attention elsewhere, but i just couldn't. The second worst WD symptom was my psychological attitude. I would spend alot of time in the bath, crying, praying for this to end. I'm a grown man, and a bit of a tough guy, so this is way out of character for me. My anxiety levels where through the fuckin roof and i just couldnt believe it could be this bad after just a month on this shit. I found some suboxone an decided to relieve my body from torment for the next few months.

Well, here I am again. A few months down the road and I want to get these things THE FUCK OUT OF MY LIFE!!!! I am considering trying to switch to using the stips sub-lingually instead of intravenously. I think i will have to use more than i am currently using to feel the same effects. (I am currently taking 1mg in morning and 1mg at night). Do you bluelighters think that withdrawal symptoms will last longer if i eat them because they take longer to leave my neurological system that way? or am i making my withdrawal symptoms worse from injecting the shit?

PS. I have seen so many posts about people saying you will get sick from injecting suboxone but they are definitly wrong the only time i got sick from it is when i injected just 6 hours after Heroin use. I Dont care what science tells you, or what any doctor has told you, its just not true and please dont tell me it is true unless you have experienced it yourself.

Thanks for reading,

Trapp_king

I've tried injecting plain buprenorphine/subutex, w/out the naloxone. It yielded no appreciable affect for me.

I've tried injecting plain buprenorphine/subutex, w/out the naloxone. It yielded no appreciable affect for me.

Yeah ive never tried those i shoot generic half moon subs or the strips. I'm wondering if the way they are taken (sub-lingually or intravenously) has any impact on withdrawal symptoms or severity of symptoms.

I've been on sub for a little over a month now and it's a miracle for me. I was using opiates for 6 years before that, basically self-medicating more than recreational use though. I have really bad depression and anxiety, social anxiety, have for at least a decade, and I also have uncomfortable sensory issues where things such as the way clothes feel bother me unnaturally and really interfere with daily life. Needless to say, opiates fix these issues, or at least take them out of sight for some time.

Without opiates, in w/d or not, is so so hard for me. I take w/d worst than most people, even mild w/d's, and also PAWS... I just cannot tolerate it. It brings me close to suicide. Living without opiates is like living without oxygen for me. I don't know if I do, but I believe I have some sort of opiate deficiency. I just do not feel normal and happy unless I have an opiate. And I did not feel normal before I tried opiates either. That first vicodin at 17 was like an epiphany, this is how life should feel, no absurd anxiety and worry every minute, just calm content-ness and motivation and energy, willingness to go out and do what needs to be done. Opiates work far better than the 7 or 8 different anti-depressants I've tried. I can't really take any anti-depressants anyway because they all seem to fuck with my stomach, which has problems in the first place.

So I have no plan of getting off suboxone anytime soon. Will I eventually, I guess so, but why worry about it now when I am finally excelling in life and feeling whole and complete and anxiety-free? Life is just too overwhelming and uncomfortable and threatening for me to bear without the shield of suboxone, and if I need that "crutch" or drug to not kill myself, then what is the problem? People with a condescending attitude about suboxone make me sick, because they don't realize that EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT and not everyone is capable of quitting opiates and managing to continue with life, even if it's difficult. I just can't do that, not yet anyway, and god knows I have tried many, many times.

Suboxone isn't perfect but for me it is what helps me wake up every day, alive and happy for once. That's important. So fuck all the people who say there's something INHERENTLY wrong with being on it for more than a week, or a few weeks, or a month. EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT. Imagine that /s ... imagine what it's like to walk in someone else's shoes for a lifetime, someone who is suffering from something only one thing can help with. Until you do that, then shut your fucking presumptuous, arrogant, uncaring idiot mouths.

/rant

Last edited:
Good to hear, best of luck.

At times when I would take a 6-8mg strip it seemed to induce a weak form of withdrawal. Id feel fine before the dose but while the suboxone was dissolving under my tongue symptoms like excessive yawning, watery eyes, and runny nose would start to develop. These symptoms would continue for up to 45 mins.

I am now at 1-2mg/24 hours and this no longer happens.

I never had this problem with tex.

Seems reasonable to assume the naloxone was getting to my receptors and effecting the dose I had taken prior.

Anyone ever experience this?

The bupe/norbupe reaches the receptors first, therefore making the naloxone ineffective. So, bupe wins the race to receptorville and builds a wall that the naloxone cannot penetrate.

I am starting to think the override theory might be more accurate. Meaning the naloxone does get to the receptors but the bupe whips its ass so fast its hard to notice. How fast the bupe does this would be dependent on the person as well as the bupe/naloxone ratio.

speculation ofc..

Interesting drug this suboxone..:sus:

Last edited:
i think bupe has a ceiling effect, its a different dose for different people, but you might find you dont need any more than 6mg or even 4 mg. I had a couple of months on 8 mg and it was a piece of piss to cut down to 2mg. It started getting harder then though. Ive been dropping by 0.5 every week or every 2 weeks depending on how i feel.

It all boils down to whether you want to get off it or not. If i was getting it for free it would be a lot harder to resist and taper off, but because i have to pay a small fortune for it that i cannot afford, it has given me a real incentive to get off it.

I was prescribed suboxone again about 3 weeks ago and decided to experiment to figure out at what dose it stops giving me positive effects. To do this I broke the strip into 2mg pieces, and dosed each one every 4 hours. I felt the first 3 strips I took and never felt anything when I took the 4th strip. Obviously I stopped taking anything over 6mg, and the only variation I will do is take 4mg as my first dose then 2mg 8 hours later as opposed to taking the 2mg 3x a day.

It's really a unique drug. Sometimes I feel like it actually causes cravings since it's giving my body a tiny taste of opioids, which can leave it wanting more. Then the few times I took over 8mg I didn't like how I felt from it, and actually felt better the next day when it was wearing off.

I just picked up my script at walgreens, and I got a new brand of subutex called Hi-Tech. I absolutely love them, they are the size of a roxy, making them much easier to snort and bang. I feel like more gets absorbed nasally because there is literally 1/10 the amount of powder from the roxanne ones, and they barely burn at all. Has anyone else been getting these? They have an arrow on one side and an 8 on the other. I will definitely be sticking to these over the roxanne, but still want to try the Teva ones. Anyone have any experience with the Teva brand of subutex vs. Roxanne or Hi-tech? I hear they are the best ones, but they are still way bigger than the Hi-tech ones.

I also read somwhere that they also make .4mg tablets, which seems pretty intruiging, since lower doses are supposed to have more full-agonist effects. But on their website they only list the 2mg and 8mg doses. Maybe the .4mg is specifically marketed in Europe, since the have the Temgesic tablets that are .2mg in strength. I guess they could be some competition for them over there.

Last edited:
That's cool big Sherm haven't heard of those. I think the suboxone films are the best for snorting

Status
Not open for further replies.