• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

xanax XR recreational value?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who wouldn't want one of the most powerful anti-anxiety benzos to lats all day?

They need Halicon XR, now there is a blast...

Who wouldn't want one of the most powerful anti-anxiety benzos to lats all day?

They need Halicon XR, now there is a blast...

so you think 3 2mlg generic alprazolam popped at the same time should get me at a pretty good level of chill like a normal bar?

2 mg / 12 hours = .166666666 mg per hour.

.166666666 mg x 4 hours = .666666666 mg per 4 hours

.666666666 mg per 4 hours x 3 a day = 2mg in 12 hours

I'm with the other guy above me.
This is no surprise.

Just do some math...

At first you called it a marketing scheme ??

I looked into the brand name Xanax XR website where they have a charts comparing the come up of IR to XR.

It says 1.5 hrs for IR, and 1.6 hrs for XR.

So essentially, Yes 3 of those will feel like 2mg per 4 hours. Highest blood level at 6 hours. With no drop in effects for at least 9-10 hrs and the comedown will be in hours 9-12 and continue to drop off for the next twelve hours.

So you will be completely benzoed out at 6 hours.

NSFW:
chart-how-once-daily.gif

Here is the chart. ^

so you think 3 2mlg generic alprazolam popped at the same time should get me at a pretty good level of chill like a normal bar?

dont do that man. ive seen no difference in strength when it comes to xr or ir. it might just take a little while longer to kick in but then just dissolve it sublingual and it should hit you faster.

It was while it still had a patent.

Xanax lost it's patent, so the came up with a new XR version.

The pitch was: One pill a day for your anxiety relief vs. 3-4 pills a day.

I agree with Jay here that it was a marketing scheme. A lot of people get switched from xanax to valium or klonopin to either taper off, or to be able to take less pills.

Well xanax answered back by making XR, so that people did not have to goto a rival benzo so to speak.

As for generics; I was prescibed xanax xr for a couple of months. The mylan brand was a bit softer, and I was able to split it with my teeth. It gelled up like a mofo still.
I also got the greenstone brand which was a lot harder, and was somewhat difficult to break.
I didn't notice any difference in the generics, but the xr def felt weaker than IR by far.

dont do that man. ive seen no difference in strength when it comes to xr or ir. it might just take a little while longer to kick in but then just dissolve it sublingual and it should hit you faster.

so just put them under my tongue one at a time?

^ It will just gel up like that.

I personally crush the pill and let it sit in a shot of vodka of 10mins, stirring occasionally.

^ It will just gel up like that.

I personally crush the pill and let it sit in a shot of vodka of 10mins, stirring occasionally.

Well fuck, I have no liquer in the household and my guardian will watch me take them most likely. Would crushing them up to dust and pop em in water and down it do any good? Ill probobly get high as balls tomorrow anyway just taking them orally but who knows.

No water won't make any difference.

If someone watches you take them, just pretend to swallow them and keep them in your mouth for a minute until you can take them out. Otherwise the only thing I can say would do much is taking three 2mg's and crushing them in your mouth before you swallow them.

Sublingual administration? Yeah, I don't think so. This isn't an IR.

xanax is a bitch, benzos creep with a tolerance shit, at first you feel it after 1 bar then you notice that next week you need 20 those bitches to get to that state.Anyway XR's arent anything better ;) You shouldnt use xanax as recreational, use diazepam instead :) i took Relanium, its still a pain in the ass with the tolerance but at least i get euphoria, i remember on xanax i slept at my studies :) LOL.

xanax is a bitch, benzos creep with a tolerance shit, at first you feel it after 1 bar then you notice that next week you need 20 those bitches to get to that state.Anyway XR's arent anything better ;) You shouldnt use xanax as recreational, use diazepam instead :) i took Relanium, its still a pain in the ass with the tolerance but at least i get euphoria, i remember on xanax i slept at my studies :) LOL.

Tolerance does not build that fast.

crush that fucker and dump in a shot of high proof alcohol. let sit for a few hours. should be instant release xanax. this is not speaking from experience; i just figure.

crush that fucker and dump in a shot of high proof alcohol. let sit for a few hours. should be instant release xanax. this is not speaking from experience; i just figure.

I vaguely remember another threat where I would have guessed the same thing.
Others too think the same in this thread, so, I think this is the answer.

To draw the alprazolam out of the matrix using high proof alcohol.

Be this OP is watched by his guardians.

I vaguely remember another threat where I would have guessed the same thing.
Others too think the same in this thread, so, I think this is the answer.

To draw the alprazolam out of the matrix using high proof alcohol.

Be this OP is watched by his guardians.

yeah i popped 3 about... 4-6 hours ago and they didnt do jack shit. my mind is in no state of any type of high. guess ill have to jack some vodka somewhere and let it sit.

EDIT: just found about a shot and a half of vodka left.. should i just down that bitch or wait another day. Cause beer/liquer will be hard to come by as im only 18 and my guardian is on benzos too. so he dont drink.

Sigh... this is depressing witch im also in therapy for... took months to find a doc that would even prescribe me Xanax and now im stuck with some shit. And i have to go 3 hour addiction meetings with piss test and pill counts. FML

Edit: just got a hold of 2mlg of IR xanax from superiors after lookin for my own shit. so ill see how the day goes.

Last edited:
I'd suggest crushing and allowing to soak in a fairly acidic solution i.e. pure citric acid and water or DILUTE hcl and water. This should fairly thoroughly imitate what your stomache would have done to the time release E460 and hypromellose.

Beyond this you could look into using acetone...bleach...many options. Mostly just bad ideas/too much work for this.

I personally love the idea of just taking 3x the dose and having it last all day...

Well I today took 4 Xanax XR 2mg (that would make 8mg) in period of 9 hours, every 2 to 3 hours maybe, just to be careful not to get blackout all anything else nasty because I was really thinking they hit hard as IR but just takes more time and work longer, but I was wrong, for some reason OxyCodone XR works well and powerfully), and even nothing close to Xanax 2mg IR. I mean if I take one 2mg Xanax IR I feel powerful relaxation of alptazolam in 5 minute, but right now after 9 hours of first dose, it feels like max. 0,50mg xanax IR. And they were all real deal, no fake. I can say that if I take 8mg IR xanax in 9 hours period I would blackout and dont remember anything from past day.

So in order to achieve 2mg IR XANAX effect do I have to take 3 times more XANAX XR than IR all at the same exact time in order to get the same effect, with food or without? Or if I dissolve one 2mg XR in small 40% alcohol solution (is that enough or need to be higher? in 50ml bottle) it will work like 2mg IR? At least taking one more every 2 hours XR doesnt work at all, what a waste of pills for me... Well I hope at least I get sleep with these. I prefer taking all 4 at one time than play with with alcohol tho, its better that I don't have too many of these lying around, Ive used benzos 10 years for short periods of time I know where is the limit when the WD's or addiction comes, Id say max. 2 weeks, maybe 3 weeks, but 1 week never have gave me anything serioud, not even with high dosages. This time only going for 3 day use, so not going to mess round with them much more, at this time I need to ease some other shit. It just actually made me angry because made me seriously question if they were fake, but they are not because I picked them up from real pharmacy everything was real deal.

After reading the thread, it might be yes, because I delayed new XR every 2-3 hours in my blood had at most maybe 0,7mg alprazolam at any time. Well, going to take 6x XR xanax 2mg tomorrow to empty stomach right after I wake. I comment here later, somebody told taking 3 xr at same times but nothing like 2IR, so maybe the magic line is on 6 bigger dose.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.