• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine Mega Thread and FAQ v16.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Scagnattie

Bluelighter
Thread Version 1.0
Thread Version 2.0
Thread Version 3.0
Thread Version 4.0
Thread Version 5.0
Thread Version 6.0
Thread Version 7.0
Thread Version 8.0
Thread Version 9.0
Thread Version 10.0
Thread Version 11.0
Thread Version 12.0
Thread Version 13.0
Thread Version 14.0
Thread Version 15.0

What: Suboxone = buprenorphine/naloxone. Bupe is a partial agonist(mu) and antagonist(kappa). Bupe has higher mu affinity that most opiates, including some antagonists(naloxone, naltrexone). Its higher affinity allows you to shoot suboxone tablets. It also may cause precipitated withdrawals if you are dependant on other opiates. Also, its higher affinity blocks the affects of other opiates when taken in conjunction with bupe.

Dose: Depends on tolerance. .25-1mg(max) is a typical recreational dose for someone with no tolerance. Bupe is incredibly potent and those with no tolerance report many ill effects like vomiting, sweating, headaches, etc, if exceeding those doses. If you're using bupe to taper off of another opiate, you should dose once you're experiencing wd's(typically 36-48 hrs. for most opiates). Start with 2-4mgs and dose at 2mg increments every 30-45minutes until a dose holds you. Most people take their full dose once a day.

Withdrawal: Typical physical and psychological symptoms associated with opiate withdrawal. Insomnia, chills, diarrhea, depression, anxiety, lacrimation, sweating, increased heart rate, etc. They are not as strong as a full agonist's symptoms, but may last longer. Physical symptoms last 1-2 weeks on average and psychological symptoms may last months.

As most opiates, it's recommended to taper down to the lowest dose possible before stopping. <1mg is ideal. The best way to dose at that level is to crush up a tablet and divide the powder into lower doses.

Ceiling: 24-32mgs

Bioavailability: Buprenorphine bioavailabilities:

intraduodenal: 9.7%

intrahepatoportal: 49%

intramuscular: 68%
"The observed mean intramuscular bioavailability was 68%"
"Studies of buprenorphine bioavailability have also examined the intramuscular (bioavailability, 50%–100%)"

intranasal: 50%
"Studies of buprenorphine bioavailability have also examined the [...] intranasal (bioavailability, 48%)
"The bioavailability of buprenorphine, HCl (BPP) in sheep after nasal administration of two formulations has been studied. 0.9 mg BPP in 150 microl was administered nasally and compared to 0.6 mg i.v. The test solutions were formulated with 30% polyethylene glycol 300 (PEG 300) and 5% dextrose, respectively. The bioavailability for PEG 300 was 70% (S.D.+/-27%, n=6), whereas the bioavailability for 5% dextrose was 89% (S.D.+/-23%, n=6)."
"Mean intranasal bioavailability was 48.2 +/- 8.35% (mean +/- s.e.m.) of the intravenous value"

intrarectal: 54%
"bioavailability of the drug was found to be: [... ]intrarectal (54%)..."
"Relative to the 100% bioavailability from the intraarterial route the mean bioavailabilities were [...] intrarectal, 54%..."

intravenous: 98%-100%

oral: 10%
"the oral bioavailability for buprenorphine is state to be 10%"
"due to extensive first-pass metabolism, buprenorphine has very poor oral bioavailability (10% of the intravenous route) if swallowed"

sublingual: ~30%
"Buprenorphine is well absorbed sublingually, with 60% to 70% of the bioavailability of intravenous doses"
"Study results indicate that bioavailability of sublingual buprenorphine is approximately 30%"
"Literature on bioavailability of sublingual buprenorphine presents variable numbers ranging from. 19–58% of the administered dose."

"Relative to the 100% bioavailability from the intraarterial route the mean bioavailabilities were [...] sublingual, 13%"

transdermal: 15%

Other Notes:

• Bupe is CIII in the US.
  • Metabolized by CYP3A4(see potentiation thread for potentiators).
  • Half-life: 37 hours.
  • Drug tests: Not detected by regular 5 panel tests.
  • A interesting thread by 'medicine cabinet' about a new version of Suboxone that's currently being tested can be found here.
  • Buprenorphine gets metabolized into norbuprenorphine and into conjugated buprenorphine and norbuprenorphine.

p05331b1.jpg

Subutex

p05331a6.jpg

Suboxone

Buprenorphine4%28a%29.preview.jpg

Generic Subutex Manufacturer: Roxane

bupr5378.jpg
bupr5379.jpg

Generic 2mg Manufacturer: Teva | Generic 8mg Manufacturer: Teva

sub01-0005-11.jpg

12mg Suboxone Film Strip

RBK12080.JPG

8mg Suboxone Film Strip

RBK12020.JPG

2mg Suboxone Film Strip

bupe_tablets.jpg

Temgesic, 0.2mg

16buprenex.jpg

Buprenex Ampules

Locate a doctor that prescribes Suboxone.

Suboxone Assistance Program - Free Suboxone for Low Income Patients

[/QUOTE]

Alcohol and Suboxone - Alcoholic Solutions for Higher BA With Sublingual Use**
Buprenex - should I IM or IV?
Buprenorphine and Antihistamine IV FAQ
Buprenorphine as a recreational drug?
Buprenorphine dosages commonly prescribed are unnecessarily high
Buprenorphine for depression?
Buprenorphine patches
Buprenorphine withdrawals?
Ketoconazole Potenation of Suboxone
Mephedrone and Buprenorphine
Micron Filtering Mega Thread and FAQ - How to Micron Filter Suboxone
Nasal Administration of Suboxone - Issues
Rectal (Plugging) Buprenorphine
Suboxone in place of Naloxone in the event of an opiate overdose*
Suboxone sublingual film official thread
Subutex has gone generic
Tramadol and Suboxone

Discussion in the Suboxone mega thread goes along quite quickly, so we have a few other threads to promote intermediate/advanced discussion of buprenorphine and its formulations. These threads are meant to divert some of the more advanced discussion that otherwise becomes buried in the mega thread.

If there's another link you think which would go well in this list of related buprenorphine threads, please let me know. We're trying to reserve extra threads on buprenorphine for more intermediary/advanced discussion mostly to reserve the mega thread for a place for questions that can be answered quickly, and the other threads for a place for questions which will otherwise not get the same discussion going on in the mega thread, due to its quick pace.

If you have an idea for a new thread on buprenorphine, it's probably best to figure out by talking to a moderator first to see if it's thread worthy or should be discussed in the mega thread.

*Not Advised. Opiate antagonists are the only safe thing to do in case of an opiate overdose. Please do not give people Suboxone if they have overdosed.
**also known as "6/7's method" or "SixPartSeven's method"

Last edited:
(too much to copy over... refer to the old megathread)

Quote from post # 1005 "KyBupeDoc" on the last megathread(v15)
re PW with sub 4mg 18 hours after "3 bags of dope":

""perhaps a significant amount of methadone was present in the preparation (dope) taken -- this would explain the puzzle
methadone would still be on the receptors as a pure mu agonist 18 hours after administration; Suboxone could then cause PW""

i had the same issue back in early august when i first switched back over to sub this time. i figured the same thing, that the dope going around has methadone in it or something... which really i doubt, but i didnt have any other explanation really for why the heroin is lasting so long in me.
this past time when i used less than a week ago... it happened again. the heroin wouldnt leave my receptors/body in the time it should have. it lasted forever again... about the same time was needed both times around 40 hours from last IV dope to sub. and it was different dope, for sure.

idk im not sure why this is happening... i saw that someone else is starting to complain about this too in the v15 megathread at the end there.

i highly doubt theres some epidemic of methadone being cut into heroin on the street in the usa.

btw im suprised we are showing actual pics of the strips this time... i thought that was frowned upon(i thought i read that somewhere. i thought it was silly too tho.) its interesting to see the new strips. bet they cost like 4x as much as the 8's the generic tabs sure are right now :(

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me why I'm so scared to make the switch? Is there anything to worry about? If I do taper from the sub and I only have 9 ( 8mg) strips and after they are gone if I still feel like crap what can I do? Can I use a little hydro to keep the taper going?

I'm hoping the 9 strips will taper me low enough so I only feel a little crappy at the end and not have a full blown opie w/d. I went through that and it is hell. They say 3-5 days but it's a month before you feel like doing anything.

Does anybody else get nauseous from sub? I never had this problem before but yesterday I took my 2mg at once instead of in two parts throughout the day, and it made me very nauseous on and off for like a day. Actually I am still feeling it slightly but I am also feeling wds creeping in so I just decided to dose 1mg now and hope I dont get sick again.

I just started sub maintenance on Monday, tho I was taking it daily to taper off opiates for 10 days before that. I feel kind of weird. Im staying up too late and losing sleep. I feel withdraw-y and irritable every day before I take my sub, its like a more manageable version of using dope daily.

Can anyone tell me why I'm so scared to make the switch? Is there anything to worry about? If I do taper from the sub and I only have 9 ( 8mg) strips and after they are gone if I still feel like crap what can I do? Can I use a little hydro to keep the taper going?

I'm hoping the 9 strips will taper me low enough so I only feel a little crappy at the end and not have a full blown opie w/d. I went through that and it is hell. They say 3-5 days but it's a month before you feel like doing anything.

That's plenty of suboxone to taper with. Get down to a dose of around .25mg's and come off. You won't feel 100% but it'll be far from the full on opiate withdrawal you are worried about. That's the point of suboxone. The withdrawals last longer, especially the PAWS period, but the severity of the actual symptoms are significantly less than full agonist opiate withdrawal like heroin.

Does anybody else get nauseous from sub? I never had this problem before but yesterday I took my 2mg at once instead of in two parts throughout the day, and it made me very nauseous on and off for like a day. Actually I am still feeling it slightly but I am also feeling wds creeping in so I just decided to dose 1mg now and hope I dont get sick again.

I just started sub maintenance on Monday, tho I was taking it daily to taper off opiates for 10 days before that. I feel kind of weird. Im staying up too late and losing sleep. I feel withdraw-y and irritable every day before I take my sub, its like a more manageable version of using dope daily.

This sounds a little like an overdose. When ever I take too much oxy I feel similar.

That's plenty of suboxone to taper with. Get down to a dose of around .25mg's and come off. You won't feel 100% but it'll be far from the full on opiate withdrawal you are worried about. That's the point of suboxone. The withdrawals last longer, especially the PAWS period, but the severity of the actual symptoms are significantly less than full agonist opiate withdrawal like heroin.

Thank you for the nice words and making me feel better about it. Getting back to this stuff after I was clean was the dumbest thing ever. I was doing well chipping once or twice a week and then something happened. It happened so fast it's all a blur. I hope that when I stop this time I can stay off of them.

Thank you for the nice words and making me feel better about it. Getting back to this stuff after I was clean was the dumbest thing ever. I was doing well chipping once or twice a week and then something happened. It happened so fast it's all a blur. I hope that when I stop this time I can stay off of them.

Yeah that's how it happens, man. That's why if you really want to stay clean, you have to get the fantasy of being able to "chip" out of your head. You may be able to pull it off for a little while but sooner or later (usually sooner) you end up right back where you were or even deeper.

Yeah that's how it happens, man. That's why if you really want to stay clean, you have to get the fantasy of being able to "chip" out of your head. You may be able to pull it off for a little while but sooner or later (usually sooner) you end up right back where you were or even deeper.

I did it for a couple months just fine. Then I thought I could do it 2 days in a row then 3 . Then I lost track and said eff it. Then I woke up one day and noticed I had been using high amounts for a good month. I was very sore and needed to take some. I hate it. I feel good about the step I'm about to take. I just need to time it right.

I did it for a couple months just fine. Then I thought I could do it 2 days in a row then 3 . Then I lost track and said eff it. Then I woke up one day and noticed I had been using high amounts for a good month. I was very sore and needed to take some. I hate it. I feel good about the step I'm about to take. I just need to time it right.

Yup. You're doing the right thing.

Good luck, man.

bupe help

Hi guys. So the the past 2-3 days I've Tooken a total of around 10 to 12mg suboxone for recreational use. I haven't Tooken some since 9 last night which was only like 4 mg and tonight I wanted to take 120mg of hydrocodone. Will I feel it? Or do I have to wait any longer?

M: Nausea, irritability, and insomnia/hyper-stimulation are all signs of taking too much sub. Even though it can take awhile for your body to adjust completely to your sub regimen, when dosed correctly, you shouldn't be feeling "withdraw-y" every day before you take your meds. If I were you I would go back to taking 1mg twice daily and see how you feel.

Have you tried diphenhydramine (benadryl) to help you sleep at night? It works wonders for calming down that amped-like feeling sub can sometimes produce.

Hi guys. So the the past 2-3 days I've Tooken a total of around 10 to 12mg suboxone for recreational use. I haven't Tooken some since 9 last night which was only like 4 mg and tonight I wanted to take 120mg of hydrocodone. Will I feel it? Or do I have to wait any longer?

Basic -> Other Drugs (Suboxone Megathread)

Anyone know of any drugs that have synergistic euphoric effects with sub? Trying to make it a little more recreational.

When I started subs at an inpatient facility, I was given 8 mg for my very first dose and a couple hours later I was projectile vomiting. It lasted for hours until they gave me a shot to stop the nausea. Since that very first dose though I've been up and down all over the map with daily doses and haven't had the same experience, except with other circumstances mixed in (like drinking). What strikes me as strange is that it happened after you've been on it for a while. What doses did you take while tapering?

Is Zubsolv now available to be prescribed? It looks much more appealing to me than suboxone films

I just came off my "sub" holiday, and no more. Bupe covers the stomach issues, RLS, and the such but no matter how much bupe I take I can not shake the lethargy, malaise, depression... It's horrid.

I took a little more than I should (to realize it was pointless, guess I'll just snort it from now on) this week and today I was left with just 1/8 of a 8mg pill. Ouch, is it normal I feel beaten up all over my body ? And the background headache (not real intense, but it is there...)...Thankfully no worries, tomorrow I'm getting my boxes, as I need both 8 and 2 to take my 10mg a day. But this is different from any opioid "lack" I ever felt, with methadone I'd just feel bad 48+ hours later without it and it was the usual business : disgusting sweating, panic etc.

Or maybe this is slight benzo withdrawal, i went through 200mg of etizolam in a month over my already scripted valium and xanax cos it seems i don't feel the valium unless I take 30mg+ a day and my script is 20mg a day.

I think I'm facing my next detox now...benzos...

Status
Not open for further replies.