• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Seroquel (quetiapine) dosage for insomnia

as everyone has said 50mg i've found great for sleeping, also it helps to take it an hour before you want to sleep and you'l be out like that <snaps fingers>

Once in a while I've noticed that my dreams are so real/vivid. I thought they were happening in real life! I thought I was being incepted, lol!

as everyone has said 50mg i've found great for sleeping, also it helps to take it an hour before you want to sleep and you'l be out like that <snaps fingers>

Most of the time I browse the internet on my phone when I'm in bed. The next thing I know, it's morning, and my phone is under me, or once/twice (it's on the floor but had a protective case).

I take 50mg xr and 25mg ir most of the time.
I tried to add low doses of mirtazapine, 7,5 to 15 mg but that doesn't seem to work very good, i wake up from time to time, have extreme lucid dreams of wich i wonder sometimes during the day if they were actually real or not, and feel really crushed the next morning..I get my 8 hours but i dont recommend it, use seroquel alone and it can be a real usefull sleep aid.

You'll only need 25mg the first time you take it, 50mg the second, 100mg the third and so forth.

start at 25mg. at lower doses seroquel HAMMERS your h1, h2 receptors. (hestimine) hence why it makes you very tired. at higher doses (100+mg) it begins to affect your deeper brain, dopamine, serotonin (in many receptor sitess), and many others.

I started at 25mg and it knocked me out. This was with a HUGE tolerance to OTC sleep aids and antihistamines. Now, after about a year of taking it, to go to sleep I take 3 of them. I used to take Xanax with it at night because of my anxiety, but I try to not take Xanax for too long bc it's so addictive. I already have a heavy opiate tolerance, don't want to add benzo on top of it. For a first time Seroquel user, 25 will do the trick.

Yeah keep the doses real low on this one, you can always take more the next night if you shot a little low.

Around here, they hand them out to prisoners like sweeties because they have sod-all value or abuse potential and it makes prisoners groggy and still and sleepy i.e. not a lot of trouble

I was prescribed big doses for a while, and I had terrible problems staying awake during the day time, not to mention hideous depression if I missed a day.

Not sure why an old ass thread got bumped. But don't take APs for sleep. Find anything else. APs are some of the most harmful medications available and should only be used in dire situations. Try pot or cbd. Antihistamines. Even z drugs are better and safer.

In my experience with Seroquel less can be more. For me 25-50mg does the job nicely under normal circumstances. Now if I'm withdrawing from opiates a higher dose is needed for me to get some solid sleep, somewhere in the 100-150mg range. Careful though as higher doses of this stuff can cause a lot of twitchiness. Imagine RLS but your upper extremities and body start to twitch. Makes falling asleep harder and if you're one of the many who suffer from bad RLS while withdrawing this will make matters worse.

Just a word for the wise when dealing with this or any similar medication like Zyprexa (olanzapine).

Not sure why an old ass thread got bumped. But don't take APs for sleep. Find anything else. APs are some of the most harmful medications available and should only be used in dire situations. Try pot or cbd. Antihistamines. Even z drugs are better and safer.
im in a similar situation with temazepam needing 90mg at night w/o any other substance. are APs safer than that? this is a serious q btw as i am truly terrified of the hole i have dug MYSELF into. pot on its own wont help as of right now. 30mg ambien wont do shit. antihistamines dont. and have no time right now for cbd and my doc cant now my full situation. i might see if i can find some low dose seroquel to try.