• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Getting off of snorting subutex

Glencastle1

Greenlighter
Is snorting bupernorphine equivalent to taking sublingually when it comes to reducing and coming off of subutex altogether? If someone has been reducing subutex and started snorting it what can be expected regarding withdrawals from reducing down to snorting 1mg a day and stopping? will the withdrawals be the same as stopping 1mg sublingually?

Snorting has much higher bioavailability and therefore there will be much worse WDs. I would say 1mg intranasally would equal 3mgs sublingual.

Salaam clencastle1. I would like to welcome you dude. We definitely look forward to your contributions and if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Unfortunately my friend, I have some bad news for you. The bioavailability of Buprenorphine (Subutex) is actually varied. Sublingual administration can be as low as 15% whereas intranasal is approximately double or even triple at 40%ish. In short, yes, coming off of an intranasal habit will be more difficult. This is a pretty black and white one. Believe me, I know a lot of people who get their prescriptions and just inject them. Not only do they destroy their veins, but they are left with a much larger dependency than their prescriber is aware of.

Then, if they end up in the hospital or detox for instance, they are going to be pretty fucking uncomfortable.

^ Iquid formulations can reach 50% BA sublingual, and you can reproduce this with a ml of water and 5 minutes of time

However BA% is variable, and more important in this case, intranasal has a faster onset, higher Cmax, and likely no depot effect, so it is eliminated more quickly (t1/2 is is probably longer than IV/IN, which averages {3-4hrs, not as long as sublingual)

That is the real issue; it is fairly black and white, with maybe a tad of monchrome, as at least you are not injecting them, and by dissolving in water, you could easily switch to SL if you need to get off of them-personally would recommend 1 larger dose, maybe another evening dose-as it does hold awhile SL and wd will be more gradual and likely less intense

Is this a hypothetical, or must you go down? Because your current dose, and dosing habits are important on how to best go down.
Reply if necessary

S
Salaam clencastle1. I would like to welcome you dude.
Unfortunately my friend, I have some bad news for you. The bioavailability of Buprenorphine (Subutex) is actually varied. Sublingual administration can be as low as 15% whereas intranasal is approximately double or even triple at 40%ish. In short, yes, coming off of an intranasal habit will be more difficult. This is a pretty black and white one. Believe me, I know a lot of people who get their prescriptions and just inject them. Not only do they destroy their veins, but they are left with a much larger dependency than their prescriber is aware of.

Then, if they end up in the hospital or detox for instance, they are going to be pretty fucking uncomfortable.

^ That is an understatement, though nothing compared to trying to come down from my abd then being stupid/desperate enough to try and ?rapidly ? drop and quit , ut?s A disaster and, well hypothetical, life changing

If they didn?t run higher than daily electric bill(double perhaps) then IV?ing wouldn? Be necessary, even subutex can reach double digit pricing...

Last edited:
Thanks

I didn't understand 90% of the abbreviations and jargon but i get the jist of what you were all saying thank you