• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Mixing Opiates?

pally pete

Bluelighter
I have plenty of 10mg MST continous prolonged release tablets (I crush them into fine powder before ingestion) Plenty of 30mg Dihydrocodeine instant release, and last but by no means least.... 7 x 80mg OC Oxycontin :)

Any suggestions for maximum enjoyment along with maximum safety please? Is mixing Opiates a waste (To a certain degree, barring the few exceptions) just like mixing Benzo's to a certain degree. Are there any red alert danger combinations?) Which Opiates compliment each other? If any? Same goes for Benzo's?

I am currently taking (Prescribed) - Fluoxetine 40mg per day, Pregabalin 300mg x 2 per day, Diazepam 2mg per day (Been reducing 1mg every 2 - 6 weeks for around)

I've just managed to acquire 14 x 10mg Temazepam.....

I'm assuming MST is morphine sulfate tablets?

Using the opioid equivalency chart, and making sure that your combination doesn't exceed dangerous amounts, mixing is okay. They're hitting the same receptors.

I don't think it will enhance anything for you.

I would keep them separate. Just so you don't end up with the feeling of regret that you may have wasted your pills.

And in the sense of harm reduction, there may be certain combinations of them that aren't as safe that I'm not aware of. (I would suggest looking for other threads or googling for opiate contraindications) but I'm not aware of any myself.

I've mixed morphine tablets with other opioids many times. Mainly because MSContin does nothing to me by itself.

Just do the math, do the conversions, and keep it at a safe level, and you will be fine.

It's the other meds you have, the benzos etc.. that would be my main concern. That is where combinations get dangerous. Be careful there

If you have enough of a certain opiate to get high off of then there's no need to mix them.

i'm assuming mst is morphine sulfate tablets?yes, the wax coated 10mg mst's

using the opioid equivalency chart, and making sure that your combination doesn't exceed dangerous amounts, mixing is okay. They're hitting the same receptors.

I don't think it will enhance anything for you.

I would keep them separate. Just so you don't end up with the feeling of regret that you may have wasted your pills.

And in the sense of harm reduction, there may be certain combinations of them that aren't as safe that i'm not aware of. (i would suggest looking for other threads or googling for opiate contraindications) but i'm not aware of any myself.

I've mixed morphine tablets with other opioids many times. Mainly because mscontin does nothing to me by itself.

Just do the math, do the conversions, and keep it at a safe level, and you will be fine.

It's the other meds you have, the benzos etc.. That would be my main concern. That is where combinations get dangerous. Be careful there

safe ;)

I've actually never tried dihydrocodeine. Do you like it?

i actually prefer codeine, it's weaker sibling, to it.
just felt a lot colder than codeine, but i only tried it a few times til heroin came along and moved the fenceposts ༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽

If you have enough of a certain opiate to get high off of then there's no need to mix them.

^This. They all bind to the same receptor to create the effect. Don't forget that no substance can make your brain do something it isn't already capable of doing. The high isn't from the drug, it's from the drug triggering the brain to release nerurotransmitters in quantities it normally wouldn't. In the case of opiates it's opiate receptor sites so I see no real reason to mix the same class of drug together. The only time this usually happens medically is if a stronger med is required and then they are switched out rather than mixed, or if one has a particular desireable side effect etc. Point is unless all you had left was a bunch of weak ones and hurting there's no real reason to be mixing them up. And like Sharito said don't go mixing those opiates with the benzos, that's when shit can get really dangerous.

Thanks for all your replies.

I too agree with the 'mixing Benzos/Opiates warning' yet......... I can't ever really enjoy any Opiates unless I have Benzos/am under the influence of Benzos. Even though this can be extremely risky, I have an astronomical Benzo tolerance (000's mg Diazepam or equivilant)

I would advise against letting yourself get to having a Benzo Tolerance that high. Opiate tolerance is monster, but I'll keep the numbers closer to my chest..

Safe ;)

^ i find that mixing benzos with opiates increases sedation but decreases euphoria - i also experienced by first OD due to mixing clonozolam and heroin, best avoided imo

^ i find that mixing benzos with opiates increases sedation but decreases euphoria - i also experienced by first OD due to mixing clonozolam and heroin, best avoided imo
Exactly, benzos decrease the euphoria of opiates which is one of the main factors. Nodding isn't exactly too 'blissful' when a good portion of euphoria is absent.

I've had experience over the years taking Norco with Oxycodone, Codeine with Norco, and tramadol with Norco. All prescribed to me. The lesser medications were given as breakthrough meds, and I only ended up taking them together since I was running on the low side and needed to save by taking less as debearded stated.

You have to know your tolerance, and know your conversions in order to be safe, and watch your tylenol intake as usual. Spacing them out is good too, by an hour or two, so you can keep them in your system to help with pain or whatever your using them for.

My tolerance is 25-30mg of oxycodone, or 30mg of Norco three times a day, and I've been taking some form of pain medication for 7 years now. That's the most I will ever take of them. I switch between them from time to time too so I can keep my tolerance down, since I have them for back, leg, neck, and migraine pain.

I've taken a 10mg oxycodone with two 7.5 norco, a 10mg norco and 90mgs codeine, and 50mg tramadol with a 7.5mg norco 30-60min later and had no ill effects, but I know my tolerance and limitations.

The OxyContin you have is going to give you roughly a 30-40mg kick to start (it releases about half the pill in the first 40-60min, and then releases the rest over the other 6-8hrs depending on how your body metabolizes them. Adding anything else on top of an oxy all depends on your tolerance. I would suggest waiting 2-3 hrs before taking anything else with it, if you must take them together, but again, know your limits.

I don't have experience with putting benzos in the mix, and I would be too nervous to do so.

Just know your limits, and don't try to exceed them. You SHOULD be ok if taking these medications I've mentioned together as long as you keep these things in mind, and go lower with the doses when taking them together. Be safe.

Yeah they all hit the same receptors, for people with chronic pain docs will write a long acting agent to try and keep pain under control around the clock like MScontin/OxyContin, along with another opioid for breakthrough pain such as Dilaudid. Just be mindful with the amount you’re taking at once

Actually, mixing some opioids can have a potentiating effect. There are different subreceptors. A good example is mixing oxycodone with oxymorphone.

I do find that taking temezepam with opioids can be extremely euphoric....until it knocks you out! Taking enough to get really fuzzy along with the rest of what you have can be really dangerous, so be careful and mindful in your dosing if you decide to mix all these different drugs.

When I smoked H3 or snorted H4 is often take 40 mg. Oxynorm with it, this enhances the euphoria and nodding off to such an extent I need way less of my Heroin (and not only do we not need any prescription over here for Oxynorm, because of a medical condition I suffer from after having had organ failure I get the stuff prescribed for free, so this saves me quite some cash otherwise spend on Heroin).

When out of H - rarely happening, but it does happen, my dose of Oxynorm can be all the way up to anywhere from 140 to 240 mg. at once and not getting the fully desired effects... Mixing it with some alcohol helps, but not fully... Some Benzo's also help, yet still not fully... Many things help, but never fully, and at some point just make you go KO and not being able to enjoy any of the effects of the almost or totally entire box of Oxynorm you just took. (for the record, I can only get two boxes of 20 mg. sublingual used tablets with in each box, let me look... 28 of those tablets. So I sometimes take 560 mg. at once since quite often I take a full box at once, but keep in mind this stuff gives heavy tolerance and I've been using it for some years now almost daily... So... I remember at first it gave me euphoria and made me nod off after only have taken 60 mg. Ah... the good old days! :)