• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Hydrocodone

Lillady1985

Bluelighter
So I take a 10 here and there and I don't feel it. I don't take em much so not much of a tolerance. Tonight I went with 15. I feel a little bit happy and chatty bit nothing that great. I don't feel "euphoric" I took it about 9:30. It's 11 now. Taking another 5 prolly won't make me feel it much more now? Kinda pointless since I took the first dose an hour and a half ago?? And I don't want to take too much Tylenol... I just wonder why I don't feel high after 15mg?

Im the same way man. I never once got any feeling from hydrocodone. I only felt effects from oxy. I only took oxy once.. but I took half of a 40mg and felt amazing for the duration. I payed for it the next day with all the puking and nausea. I try to stay away from addicting drugs. Im on the edge of addiction with xanax, but I am good at stopping before that point.

I can't really remember hydrocodone ever having much of an effect on me, especially after I was turned on to oxycodone, hydromorphone, etc.

WP

It's weird bcuz I had a Oxycodone 5 prescription once and I felt them. Just taking one as prescribed... But that was a long time ago.

hydrocodone is slightly weaker than oxycodone. when i first got out of jail, vic's were the only thing i could get my hands on, and i knew that 10mgs wasnt enough to get a really warm good buzz going on, so even when i have no tolerance, i take 20mg's of hydrocodone. if you really have no tolerance, 20mgs is a nice dose. if you can afford to throw an extra, ive got to say 30mg's is a pretty good dose- gives me a slight nod, and pretty itchy. i take 30mgs-60mgs of oxycodone daily, but if i skip a dose (say i dose in the afternoon today, instead of the morning), then i would take 40mgs of vicoden, and feel perf (very very good).

Hydrocodone use to have little to no effect on me, even with high doses. But a few years go by (about 3-5), and i definitely notice that hydrocodone effects me much better than it use to, i actually prefer it over roxy now (but roxycodone is my DOC). im not sure why it effects me differently now, but its much better. i use to say, i dont see why anyone would want to take hydro, or prefer it over any other opiate especially oxy/roxy, but now i feel much different on it.

(if anyone anyone has a clue why it effects me differently now, please do tell me- im interested)

So basically, take 2-3 hydrocodone's and tell me you dont feel good. if 30mgs doesnt do it for you, switch to roxy, or just let ur tolerance go down a bit.

hope this helped!

ch1

*edit**: OH, and ive got to say, just to help you save your pills- If you dose (like you said, for example) 15mgs, or 25mgs, and wait an hour or so, and take another dose, you wont feel anything off of it. especially redosing only 5mgs. take it all at once, and since you have taken 10mgs, and 15mgs recently, i recommend you just go and dose 30-35mgs. you will feel perf, i promise that. and if not, then like i said, try roxy 30's

I only took oxy once.. but I took half of a 40mg I try to stay away from addicting drugs. Im on the edge of addiction with xanax, but I am good at stopping before that point.

have much experience with addiction?

If you really want to feel high off of 20mg Vicodin, try adding a Soma 350mg pill with it, it will be amazing.

have much experience with addiction?

I do not have much experience with addiction, I know how bad it is though, Ive been addicted to xanax before, years ago. I broke free from it with the worst withdrawls. I was puking constantly, having mini seizures, being delusional, hallucinating, and a bunch of other great effects :( thats why I try to control myself now.

I don't mix drugs so taking a soma with the hydrocodone is out of the picture for me. As far as roxy's go...I'm scared to try them...and thats because everyone tells me the first time they tried them they got so sick. I'm scared to get sick...and I'd probably take a half of one first if I did try them...roxys are oxycodone...so are they just a much higher dose of a percocet without the tylenol?? Did they make you sick the first time you tried one?

I don't mix drugs so taking a soma with the hydrocodone is out of the picture for me.

I understand your reluctance (rightly so) to mix drugs, however Soma (carisoprodol) and oxy/hydro-codone are routinely prescribed in combination with each other by pain management doctors. I was prescribed this very combination by my PM doc for many years before switching the Soma to Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) due to Insurance coverage purposes. The key is to take the minimum amount necessary to achieve the desired results.

Warning: I am not a Doctor and the preceding statements are based solely on my personal experience in my specific situation. It's best to get this type of advice from your/a doctor. IMHO

WP

Roxy's are hydrocodone? Thought they were oxycodone?

Speakin of tolerance...when is a good window to get you tolerance down...I took 20 mills on tuesday and didnt feel a great effect...I feel better when i drink on them(hydro im talking)

how long to get a tolerance down?? I am not a real habitual user and I take them orally...thanks

thought so too lill.....someone up top said diff no??

can u help me with the tolerance question?

thought so too lill.....someone up top said diff no??

can u help me with the tolerance question?

I didn't see anyone confuse Roxy with hydrocodone, I saw someone talk about how Roxy is their drug of choice though.

Give it a week and your tolerance may go down a bit, when I'm not using much I find my tolerance goes down a little bit. A decent break, like a month, and you will definitely notice your tolerance is down.

Also, antihistamines are nice to mix with opioids.

Drug use can be a game of catch up. 5mgs turns into 15 turns into 25. Then you wonder "Why dont I feel 25 mg?" ---- Tolorance

This is not a recommendation**** a little dxm goes a long way with any opiate. Just don't over do it.