Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy Allylescaline Thread

Hallucinogenius

Greenlighter
4-allyloxy-3,5-dimethoxyphenethylamine

All I can gather is that its a mescaline analog, dose at 20-40mg and lasts 8-12 hours. Anyone got any extra information?

Also whats its legality in the UK and USA?

Can't imagine mescaline analouges really taking off that much in the UK were all too preoccupied with stims. :L Would love it tho myself.

surely this is covered by the phenethylamines section of the MODA?

any compound (not being methoxyphenamine or a compound for the time being specified in sub-paragraph (a) above) structurally derived from phenethylamine anN-alkylphenethylamine,a-methylphenethylamine, anN-alkyl-a-methylphenethylamine,a-ethylphenethylamine, or anN-alkyl-a-ethylphenethylamine by substitution in the ring to any extent with alkyl, alkoxy, alkylenedioxy or halide substituents, whether or not further substituted in the ring by one or more other univalent substituents.
This substance is structurally derived from phenethylamine by substitution in the ring with methoxy groups, and so is class A in the UK.

As for the US, it's not explicitly illegal, but would probably be considered an analogue of mescaline.

i think a reason a lot of mescaline analogues haven't made the rounds is due to potency, but this one seems to be active enough to meet producers & user's economic requirements. Maybe we'll know more about it before too long.

This substance is structurally derived from phenethylamine by substitution in the ring with methoxy groups, and so is class A in the UK.

As for the US, it's not explicitly illegal, but would probably be considered an analogue of mescaline.

Yes, if it was bought or sold for the purpose of human consumption it would most likely be covered by the analogue act. Just like most of the common RCs, 4-aco-dmt, etc.

it says alkoxy groups not allyoxy groups so I think it would be legal for the same reasons 5-meo-DALT is but I'm not 100% on this.

5-MeO-DALT isn't illegal because it has no alkyl substituent at the nitrogen atom. If this compound had only allyloxy groups on the ring it would be legal, but it has alkoxy groups as well and so is illegal.

5-MeO-DALT isn't illegal because it has no alkyl substituent at the nitrogen atom. If this compound had only allyloxy groups on the ring it would be legal, but it has alkoxy groups as well and so is illegal.

Shame, so 3,4,5-Triallyloxyphenethylamine would be legal but probably inactive I should imagine?

I'm not even going to speculate, I'm no pharmacologist.

these laws are stupid; one tiny difference in a chemical structure and it's suddenly legal/illegal

that takes no consideration into the possible advantages/disadvantages of the drugs

these laws are stupid; one tiny difference in a chemical structure and it's suddenly legal/illegal

that takes no consideration into the possible advantages/disadvantages of the drugs
How would you write the law then?

I take it thios aren't alkyls eith so 3,4,5-trimethylthiophenthylamine and 3,4,5-triethylthiophenethylamine would be legal too?

Where to start...the names you give above don't mean much, you name four substituents and give three positions. I'll assume you mean that there are alkyl groups at the 3,4,5 positions on the ring of a compound called "thiophenethylamine". What is that exactly?

The PiHKAL synthesis of allylescaline seems somehow wrong. He reduces the nitrostyrene with LAH, somehow doing this without affecting the allyl group. What?

It's not, but it is in PiHKAL, and the UK's Misuse of Drugs Act has a clause basically saying "anything in PiHKAL not covered by the preceding vague and ridiculous terms is also illegal".

This also applies to the thiomescaline analogs, which are also in PiHKAL.

Last edited: