• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Injecting Extracts

CreativeRandom

Ex-Bluelighter
Has anyone had experience shooting extracts? Salvinorin, psilocybin, thc?

I think it would be interesting to make a mushroom tea using very little water , and inject the solution.

Extract does not mean pure chemical. You dont want to inject any sort of plant/fungal matter, or the loads of bacteria living on it. Don't do it.

There was a recent thread on trying extract THC and inject it, and why you should not do such a thing. Look around for it.

that's two threads where you ask to IV some unusual shit. maybe you should try to inject your mushroom juice and tell us what happened. use common sense and dont waste peoples time.

I know extract does not mean pure chemical. But if you were to extract the chemical of choice, to extract the specific chemical responsible for the psychoactive trait of the drug, pure or close to it, and have it in a liquid form.

Example, psilocybin is alcohol soluble. Perhaps take the alcohol and shoot it. Theoretically, it's possible to trip on shrooms this way, though you'd have a definite alcohol buzz. The point of administrations of pyschoactives is to get the desired chemical to your brain. IV is one way.

You don't think shooting a FUNGUS is dangerous? Like I said give it whirl, troll.

It's all theoretical, but I wondered if anyone has applied it to practice here.

If a certain chemical is not harmful via other methods of administration, why would that specific chemical be harmful IV'd? Now I know that you dont want a chunk of mushroom in your vein, but if you could make a pure or semi pure liquid form of the desired chemical, or the chemical diluted in alcohol or water or saline solution, it should work. The point is to get the chemical to your brain, and regardless how you do it, if the chemical hits the brain you will get high.

IV administration happens to be quite different feeling then other methods, so I think it would make for a very interesting experience to IV chemicals commonly used other ways. Imagine slamming mescaline, psilocybin, salvinorin A, THC, etc. People have successfully shot drugs that were in liquid form that normally are done in other ways, such as LSD, PCP, and alcohol.

If a certain chemical is not harmful via other methods of administration, why would that specific chemical be harmful IV'd?
Because it's a fungus. Fungus contains bacteria. Bacteria causes dirty shots. It's very simple.

CreativeRandom said:

If a certain chemical is not harmful via other methods of administration, why would that specific chemical be harmful IV'd?
Imagine slamming mescaline, psilocybin, salvinorin A, THC, etc. People have successfully shot drugs that were in liquid form that normally are done in other ways, such as LSD, PCP, and alcohol.

LSD, PCP, and alcohol are not extracts from a fungal/plant biomass. You're not going to get LSD in any pure form (somebody, maybe, but you aren't), and shooting any of those is foolhardy at best.

With the exception of alcohol and THC, its not that those chemicals would neccesarily be harmful in theirself because of IV administration. Its that the dose, which is already quite low, would be miniscule when IV'd. With LSD and Salvinorin, we're talking fully active oral doses of micrograms. The onset could also be too quick to be pleasant.

Shooting up alcohol probably causes serious damage. At the least, the potential is there. Look around for recent threads on this. THC is an oil which isn't going to just dissolve in water. I'm not sure having a glob of oil in your bloodstream is all that healthy.

ALso, when people do this in a research setting, they are generally on drips. Its not like they get a massive dose shoved into a vein all at once.

Impurities dont really harm too bad. Just look at how many people shoot coke, crack, heroin, ecstacy, and meth. I doubt it's always pure.

True they aren't from biomass. But coke comes off plants. MDMA is chemically similiar and related to a drug found on a tree (the name fails me at the moment). LSD develops can develop from a fungus.

I see what you mean with the dosages of IV having to be so miniscule. In that case you can dilute the chemical in water or saline solution. LSD would be so, but mushrooms take quite a bit.

Chemicals that would require multiple shots could be done in just that way, or as a drip.

Yes, fungi may contain bacteria. I am aware of this. However psilocybin is not a bacteria, and I am talking about EXTRACTS, as in isolating the desired chemical, having it put in liquid form, and injected.

CreativeRandom said:
It's all theoretical, but I wondered if anyone has applied it to practice here.

If a certain chemical is not harmful via other methods of administration, why would that specific chemical be harmful IV'd? Now I know that you dont want a chunk of mushroom in your vein, but if you could make a pure or semi pure liquid form of the desired chemical, or the chemical diluted in alcohol or water or saline solution, it should work. The point is to get the chemical to your brain, and regardless how you do it, if the chemical hits the brain you will get high.

IV administration happens to be quite different feeling then other methods, so I think it would make for a very interesting experience to IV chemicals commonly used other ways. Imagine slamming mescaline, psilocybin, salvinorin A, THC, etc. People have successfully shot drugs that were in liquid form that normally are done in other ways, such as LSD, PCP, and alcohol.

I and others I am sure have iv'd chems like 5meodmt it is a very interesting way of experienceing said drug. So i have shot 5meodmt (i doubt i will ever repeat that, but i would never iv yage -get what I'm saying- btw are you a troll?

who the fuck shoots E? maybe you should spend some time in drug basics to get your facts straight before coming to od.

Shooting a substance that is not soluable can cause a blood clot and kill you. I'd be careful shooting ANYTHING. Be extremely careful. It's going directly into your vein! No filteration...

shals :D

Injecting plant extracts

Unless you have the knowledge (and ability) to extract and purify the active principals from plant materials, doing things like injecting the liquid from boiling mushrooms is plain FUCKING STUPID.

If you can get to the point where you're recrystallizing psilocybin (or any other drug) extracted from a fungal (or plant) source, then yes, it's pure enough to be administered by injection (assuming everything is sterile, and aseptic technique is followed), but injecting psychedelics IV produces effects that go way beyond oral/nasal use, and cannot be considered enjoyable by just about everyone. I once accidentally injected a sterile soln of 25mg of 2C-I into a muscle (thought it was ketamine - forgot to change label on vial) and it wasn't at all pleasant.

we will post this dude's 'trip report' to the darwin awards, i'm sure. i can see it now; internet troll injects oxygen into veins in order to breathe easier.

I'm not a troll. I am seriously asking this question and willing to learn. However, I want reasons against the point I'm making besides "its a fungus".

Marinol pills I think have too much filters and such in them. Maybe if you extracted the THC.

Alot of people have shot E. Most are due to people who gained tolerances but it is not uncommon to find articles about it, and people who did it fine without any problems (accept the usual overusing E problems and maybe addiction).

Shal, what do you mean not soluble? Can you please explain a little more here....

Okay fastandbulbous, suppose you could get to a point where your recrystalizing psilocybin. Perhaps psilocybin HCl diluted in a bit of saline solution. That is the point of this article. I am not asking HOW to get these desired chemicals in a safe to inject form, but if you could, how would it work. I'm pretty sure if you can get any chemical like this, I don't see why it wouldn't be possible to successfully get high this way. I know it's extremely uncommon, if never done before, to shoot psilocybin or mescaline. I have heard of injections of the 2C family of drugs and DMT family of drugs and LSD being unpleasant because of the quick onset and hallucinogenic effects.

I never heard of anyone snorting oxygen or taking a pill of oxygen for any reason.

I am simply asking, if you can get a desired chemical into a syringe in a liquid (non sludge/gunk form either) and shoot it, it should work right? And, if anyone has heard of anyone doing this. I know some of you will batter back with replies like "its a fungus" and "you cant stick a mushroom in a vein" or that kind of reply, so let me put it this way on such drugs. What if you shot synthetic psilocybin or synthetic mescaline or synthetic.... et cetera. And have them in liquid form.

Or would they all have to be in a hydrochloride form then diluted in water?

kemikals said:
who the fuck shoots E? maybe you should spend some time in drug basics to get your facts straight before coming to od.

I think PhreeX shot E once - I forgot what he said about it, I think he really liked it. Just a one time, wanna see what it's like, kind of thing.