• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

I take hydromorphone (dilaudid) for fibro...

Roughpoodle87

Greenlighter
Anyways I take hydromorphone (dilaudid) 4mg about 4 times a day for my fibromyalgia and shit knees. My question is if I take my last pill thursday around 7pm can I get drunk with my buddies friday starting around 8pm at night??? It seems its a trade off, im not dying in pain but i cant go to the bar with my friends and drink. Also if this is ok to do, can i start taking my pills on saturday again? maybe mid day or afternoon? Im asking this because id rather not die from my body suddenly refusing to breath. Its weird I went from dropping 10 E's and mixing with god knows what. Now this worries me? from im a bitch now.

P.s i dont want to ask my doc cause then he may take the pills i need to feel like a normal human being. Btw I take cipralex the anti depressant at 10 mg too

Thanks for any advice or knowledge on the subject.

Last edited:
Yes, that should be fine.

I can't believe your prescribed such a strong opioid like hydromorphone for fibromyalgia. I only get pregabalin.

I was on that, did jack shit. I went it there and was begging (somedays i cant get out of bed and this has been going on for 2 years plus i cant work)

search for the Pain Management Megathread - it hangs out over in Focus Forums under "Other Drugs"

the short answer is yes, you are tolerant to the opiate so a little alcohol will be OK, although will have a more pronounced effect.
Be cautious, but in your case I would say that you could take half your dose and drink a little less than you used too, take none and get shitfaced, or take a normal dose and have a few beers, all of which will result in you being alive the next day.

The only thing that would probably result in you not being alive would be doubling your dose and drinking a normal amount, or taking a normal dose and drinking til blackout. (assuming you aren't going to take any other CNS depressants on your night out).

Ok thanks guys. I just wont take any of my hydromorphone on the friday i drink. So then that will be 24 hours between thursday and friday and then I can get drunk like i love.

Cheers
Chris

Ok thanks guys. I just wont take any of my hydromorphone on the friday i drink. So then that will be 24 hours between thursday and friday and then I can get drunk like i love.

Cheers
Chris

definitely the best idea. best not to abuse pain meds and alcohol as there will be a synergy. Don't you go into some type of withdrawal though? I would try like 1/4 of your dose during this time for the pain.

It kinda depends. Are you looking to get drunk, but like remember things and have a good time or like mind-bendingly blacked out and drunk as shit?

if the former, i would take some medication to keep it in your system because of the extremely short halflife of HM. No one wants to be in pain when they are out partying with their mates, and based on the amount of time you've been taking it, I should say a quarter dose would be safe - provided I'm not a Dr., etc...

Does the hydromorphone effectively treat your pain by taking it orally? I don't hear much success stories with Hydromorphone being effective unless snorted or shot. But I'm ot wondering if yo get high, I just want to know how good it is for your pain. I have fibro also.

It works pretty good, but ive only been on it for 2 weeks. Some times i snort it too.

One other question, if orally im suppose to take 1 4mg pill every 4-6 hours would that be the same if i snorted it? I mean would 1 4mg pill snorted every 4-6 hours be the same as orally in the sense i wont OD?

It works pretty good, but ive only been on it for 2 weeks. Some times i snort it too.

One other question, if orally im suppose to take 1 4mg pill every 4-6 hours would that be the same if i snorted it? I mean would 1 4mg pill snorted every 4-6 hours be the same as orally in the sense i wont OD?

The oral bioavailibility is roughly 30% and nasal is 52.4% so snorting it would be about x1.5-2 times more potent so 4mg oral would want to do about half your usual dose.