• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

does anyone know how to shorten their period?

Ms.Martini

Bluelighter
SO, this guy i really like is coming to visit me this weekend, and i got my damn period. it's been 4-5 days i think, but my periods usually last a while. i've googled, and read that if you take like 200 mg of ibuprofen or some naproxen, it can shorten your period? or, skipping your placebo birth control pills and starting the new ones. ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS? it will be greatly appreciated. :(

Wow, your periods last a long time. Is it light bleeding? You don't have to take the placebo's you know (yuck, I hate the way those taste).

(OKAY GUISE CLOSE YOUR EYES! It's about to get ugly!)

I used to cheat the system and leave in my ring a little longer to stop from getting my period (if sexy time was coming :D ) or start it earlier, although mine only lasts for 1-2 days and then it's barely anything.

If you are still bleeding, I find if I put it in too early, it actually extends the time, because I bleed lighter but for longer. You have to figure that the uterine wall has to slough off, so I don't know how you can shorten it other than facilitating the process. You can postpone it, but I don't find starting earlier makes things better.

oh, i don't use the rings, i use birth control pills! and my memory is so fucked up, i'd forget to take it at the same time everyday, i'd try my best, rarely i'd forget to take a dose too, so my period has always just been long. -_- it's usually heavy in the begining and then light, sometimes it's just spotting. DO YOU KNOW WHAT A BITCH THAT IS. :( who wants to fuck a girl that's spotting. i think i'd be too lazy to constantly be putting rings up my vagina, hahah :p but whatever works!

Go on the depo shot... It actually even stops your period after awhile and its 99 percent effective for a birth control. Just take vitamin d on it since it weakens your bones the first couple of years (loss of minerals).

A lot of boys and men don't mind doing the deed over a dark towel. It can get a bit sticky and stinky though.

Maybe cleanliness and personal comfort could and should trump personal pleasure here.

Maybe you could please him this go around, and if you know what is up, you'll have him come running next time you decide to ring the dinner bell.

:)

If you already started your period it might be too late to start taking the active bc pills. It's worth a try though but, I don't think they'll stop the bleeding by Friday. You could try intense jogging. I've shortend my period by two days that way. Also, it is a little devious but, you could buy those diva cups or moon cups. They cover the cervix so that the blood doesn't reach the vaginal canal. Then clean out the vaj and put some lube in there. He most likely won't even know you are on your period but, don't let him finger you then he might figure it out.

While there are guys who are OK with having sex on your period, many as well are not. My boyfriend will not have sex when I'm on my period. That is a definite NO for him.
My ex, we tried it once, he hated it.

Some guys are OK with it, some are not.

You could have sex in the shower which would alleviate any issues with possible mess.

One question though, why are you still on a birth control that you admit you can't remember to take regularly? You are greatly increasing your chances of getting pregnant if you don't take the medicine as prescribed. The shot, every 3 months, might be a better option for you. You should talk to your doctor about different medications.

Look into sea sponge tampons (Jade & Pearl).

You can cut them smaller to fit your shape, and they can be worn during sex. You can even add spermacide to it to make it a contraceptive devise. it's very soft and squishy and it does not leak through. If he can feel it (probally won't though) then just tell him it's your diaphram.

i take it regularly but sometimes i'm a couple hours off? is that still okay? my ex never cared if i was on my period, hell, he'd eat me out too, LOL, i'm so use to having sex whenever, i forgot that some guys actually do mind. actually, i've successfully slowed down my flow by a lot, AND THEN i find out today that he can't make it this weekend, and that he'll be coming next weekend. -_- oh well. atleast my period will be gone for sure. thanks for all the suggestions!

I doubt a couple of hours is a big deal. I really hated the pill, but what I used to do is put it next to my makeup bag, so I'd remember to take it. My makeup bag is next to the sink, so pretty much when I brushed my teeth in the morning, I'd remember it. It's a PITA nonetheless, so if you have insurance, I'd look into alternatives. Not that it helps you NOW, but for future reference.

This is not so quick acting but over a period of a few months the IUD birth control Mirena almost always lessens a girls period significantly if not make it go away completely.

My flow is very light and sometimes not at all on LoEstrin 24. Consistent exercise has also helped.
If you are at the tail end of your period, why not oral sex? No blood on the outside.

Oral sex if its at the end?
You cant stop it really some stuff might slow the flow but not stop it so there will be blood