• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Dangers of Smoking Tar

pumkin_escobar

Greenlighter
I am dedicating this to the dangers of smoking tar, and any thing that can be done to make it less harmful. i've read plenty of methods on how to smoke tar but no harm reduction, is there ways to reduce the harm of smoking tar

Smoking heroin in the first place can be considered an HR alternative to IV, furthermore, there isn't much harm that can be avoided by smoking something. IMO, the only thing to watch out for is burning the foil while you are inhaling through the tube... Try getting the heavy duty tin if you can, and be careful/reasonable with the lighter as to not crisp the foil. I have searched all over the internet, and I have been unsuccessful in finding legitimate health risks associated with aluminum vapors, so if anyone has any info on this I would greatly appreciate it!

Anyways, I would not be too concerned with the health risks associated with chasing, but I could be wrong... Just be thankful you use this ROA instead of IV.

When I smoked b4 iving I would always pre burn the shiny side of the foil. Just put the lighter under it and let and it would make a little smoke. I would do this over the whole piece so I would not be inhaling the harmful fumes.

Also Have the tar on the DULL SIDE bot the shiny side, or thats what I do

TLDR
Preburn shiny side off foil to get rid of harmful fumes
Place tar on the dull side of the foil
Make sure to not melt your tooter if its plastic like a pen

Also try and use a metal pen tube since it will collect resin and if you are wding you can put a little watre in it cap the ends with your fingers so it doesn't come out and shake it up real good for a min or two. Then pour the tar filled water onto the foil and slowly vaporize it.

It will take a second or two till all the water burns off so be ready with your tube since once the water evaporates the tar will start to smoke quickly

I'd think that dissolving in water and squirting slowly into your nose, taking care not to swallow would be more healthy. Thats how I usually do tar when I won't shoot it. I like it better than smoking. Though its more of an upper/rushy buzz this way, while smoking tar is more sedating.

I can't be sure though.

Smoking heroin in the first place can be considered an HR alternative to IV, furthermore, there isn't much harm that can be avoided by smoking something. IMO, the only thing to watch out for is burning the foil while you are inhaling through the tube... Try getting the heavy duty tin if you can, and be careful/reasonable with the lighter as to not crisp the foil. I have searched all over the internet, and I have been unsuccessful in finding legitimate health risks associated with aluminum vapors, so if anyone has any info on this I would greatly appreciate it!

Anyways, I would not be too concerned with the health risks associated with chasing, but I could be wrong... Just be thankful you use this ROA instead of IV.

I actually believe that smoking tar IS NOT a "harm reduction" alternative to injecting. Meaning, its not necessarily safer. I believe this because if you use proper technique and sterile equipment when injecting heroin(just like i would assume you would want to use proper, healthy, technique qhen smoking tar), it can be a very safe way of doing heroin.....and in many instances, its much safer than smoking as long as you know what you are doing of course. Smoking anything, like said above, is ALWAYS dangerous, and smoking tar, which has certain cuts in them etc, etc, not to mention the opiate alkaloids themselves....is very harmfull to your lungs no matter how you smoke it. And if you get a heroin habit and your ROA is smoking, it could cause more damage much more quickly than you would if you were injecting it using proper technique and supplies.
Allthough, many drug addicts(as i know from personal experience) wouldnt take the time to get proper sterile supplies and wouldnt spend a penny on sterile water, or a new needle(ive been there trust me)....and in that case, it is possible and sometimes likely that smoking the heroin is safer. But, that is definitely not a guaranteee.....because as I said earlier, smoking heroin is very harmfull to your lungs...more so than smoking ciggarettes or weed. And it is very possible that you could get some sort of lung infection, or some other complicatoion from smoking heroin MUCH quicker than someone who is injecting heroin, even if they dont use perfect IV technique and proper supplies. But like I said, its up in the air......I just dont believe its right to say that smoking heroin is definitely better than injecting it. I dont believe that the difference in ROA changes your addiction like that.
I know that when I started snorting heroin(and sometimes smoking it) I eventually(very quickly) became EXTREMELY addicted to the drug, and I ended up stealing, pawning, lying, etc...to get my fix. And when I started injecting, I actually had to steal and lie less than i did before because it took less of the drug to get me high. Of course my tolerance eventually rose up again so I was probably back to where I was before, but injecting the heroin definitely did not make me any more addicted to the drug. My addiction was in my mind, it didnt matter how I put the opiates in my body, it just mattered that they were there, on my receptors, keeeping me nice and warm and happy.
So I guess what im trying to say is yes, smoking heroin, in some instances, can be considered safer than injecting heroin....but on the other hand, there are definitely situations where injecting the heroin would be a ebtter option.

I also believe that smoking heroin wastes waaay too much of the diacetylmorphine and whatever other opiate alkaloids there may be. I dont care how good your technique is or how much of the smoke you are able to capture into your lungs through your "tube" or "cone". When you burn heroin(almost directly), it charrs alot of the opiate(s) into useless and harmfull(to your lungs) substances. And whatever opiates that are left that you did mange to get vaporized correctly, will get you high, theres no doubt aboput that, and it may even feel really good, but the high is short lived compared to other ROA's, more dangerous than other ROA's when using proper technique, and wastes more of your drug than you can realize....its impossible to tell how much of the drug you charred into wasteland, but you will have to purchase more heroin to get high again sooner than you would have if you had snorted it, or injected it....and possibly even plugged it.

Im not telling people to not smoke there heroin and always inject or anything. Im jsut trying to open your mind to the fact that smoking is definitely not always the best option, no matter the technique and no matter what harm reduction advice someone will give you in this thread.

Everyone can do what they want, thats just my experience after many many years in heroin trade and addiction.

If I could snort it I would, but the only gear thats readily available in the south west is tar. You could spend a half hour trying to work it into powder with a razor, and even then it wouldn't be suitable for intranasal. I read the post about dissolving it in water first, has anyone tried this? Or does anyone have tips on making the tar more user friendly? Thanks in advance.

If I could snort it I would, but the only gear thats readily available in the south west is tar. You could spend a half hour trying to work it into powder with a razor, and even then it wouldn't be suitable for intranasal. I read the post about dissolving it in water first, has anyone tried this? Or does anyone have tips on making the tar more user friendly? Thanks in advance.

I'm talking about tar also m8, place a small piece of tar in a bottle cap, add some water; liquefy the tar & water; then snort the mixture. MAGIC

i found a way to powder up tar without adding any cut, in fact the only reason i add mannitol or other cut is to make snorting less painful, i'll work up a tek and post it in here.

also i agree with jamesbrown, i've been a shooter since the beginning, but not i cannot find veins anymore (i always had shitty veins), i've been snorting the painful tar based powder instead of IM'ing it, i was wondering about smoking cause i hear people talking about the rushes they still get from smoking and it would be nice to get that, but i'm afraid of tarring up my lungs, i kinda considers safe IV technique to be safer than smoking

Damn my internet is messing with me. I wrote such a nice post and lost it.

Here's a quick try
If you're not gonna IV definitely dissolve in water, draw up and squirt in your nose (slowly) trying not to swallow. It doesn't burn like snorting the tar based powder. It burns a little, but in a good way. Its like snorting a Really Really good Oxy. IMing street drugs or pills is a terrible idea, if you get fillers/cuts in your muscle it can cause irreversible damage.

I know people who IM dliaudid and I always tell them if there not gonna IV they should at least SC inject it. The Ds have minimal filler, but its still a bad idea to IM. Anything that doesn't come in a medical ampule for IM/IV shouldn't be IMd. I think getting the cut from dope in your muscle tissue would be really bad.

snorting tar water is horribly painful, its way better to powder the tar, then add a dash of inert substance to that powder

With the water its not bad at all. But yea if its just powder its really unpleasant. Not only does it burn, but after your nose gets all raw and sore.

i disagree, i think the water hurts worse, the trick is when snorting powder is to powder up the tar BEFORE you add an inert substance like mannitol, you can powder tar without adding an inert substance but it reduces the pain if you do add a bit

Really I never had a problem with snorting the solution. I have a pretty sensitive nose too because of allergies. I've probably done an eight-ball like this over the course of the last 2 months or so. Never had a sore nose after. After just one line of powder my nose was irritated until the next day.

edit

I never even thought of adding something like mannitol too it. I'd try it next time, but if I get any more dope I have a feeling I'm gonna shoot it anyways.

I really dont believe what im reading here. Has no one here heard of cutting black tar heroin with lactose, an inert substance? I mean come on, thats what ALL black tar heroin is cut with where I live..

I use to sell the stuff and buy black tar in very large quantities for very large amounts of money, and it was a super black shiny sticky vinegary smelling substance that if you injected like 0.1 of it you would nod off, thats how good the shit was. Lets just say it came from south of the border.
Anyway, all you gotta do is blend in a coffee grinder 1 part tar to like 2-4 parts lactose, depending on how strong you want your heroin to be. It WILL end up in powder form that you can do whatever you want with. If its not, you havent used enough lactose. But even if you use like 1 part tar to 4 parts lactose, you still get a really potent product as long as you actually started with black tar in the first place. Lots of dealers take tar and then mix it with random shit that I have no clue about, so that it still looks black and tarry but the quality goes down. And you probably cant chop that shit up either, so you could probably mix that shit with lactose too, but you would just use less lactose cuz it allready has reduced quality.

The lactose is perfectly fine to snort, inject, water snort, whatever......so stop worrying about all this "inert substance" crap. It also doesnt burn your nose. That is unless you water snort/inject it...and in that case it burns like anythign else liquid you snort up your nose, but it works real good....but for people whi dont wanna do that, after you have blended the tar with the lactose, you can do whatever ROA you want with it.

i would use lactose if i was trying to cut it to lower the quality, but i can powder it WITHOUT adding cut, i use mannitol cause if i'm snorting it, mannitol helps to open up your blood brain barrier and it helps reduce the burn (not completely but it doesn't burn as much). and to james brown i've been where you've been and i've seen plenty of good and bad tar, i know what you mean with the lactose but i wasn't asking to how make powder

the way it is done is to use dissolve the tar in a spoon using water, spread it evenly onto a glass pyrex dish and put it into the microwave until it is evaporated. scrape with a razor and wallah, you have powder.

this doesnt always work if the tar is especially cut. if theres sugar or molasses in the cut, the end result will be sticky. in that cause you should do what others mentioned and to snort the water, preferably squirting it up your nose slowly with a syringe.

or you can smoke it.

i would use lactose if i was trying to cut it to lower the quality, but i can powder it WITHOUT adding cut, i use mannitol cause if i'm snorting it, mannitol helps to open up your blood brain barrier and it helps reduce the burn (not completely but it doesn't burn as much). and to james brown i've been where you've been and i've seen plenty of good and bad tar, i know what you mean with the lactose but i wasn't asking to how make powder

im sry to inform you but when you add mannitol to the heroin your "lowering the quality" of it just the same.

So you might as well use lactose. Also, mannitol is most definitely more active than lactose so it would be safer overall to just use lactose. And in the same paragraph I quoted you say you are trying to powder it without using cut and then you say you arent trying to make powder. Im a bit confused.

All I know, is that if you want the heroin to be in the form that is like powder so you can easily snort it....then lactose is the way to go.

ANd I promise you, the tar im talking about...you CAN NOT "powder it" without cutting it with lactose or something similar. Its WAAAAAY too sticky. I mean, you have to keep it in the freezer or else it would stick to everything. Its like a dark chewy candy thats been sucked on for a while....i swear on my life theres no way to powder it. I have ALOT f experience with tar heroin and was taught by the best.(in my opinion obviously)