• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzo noob: 1mg Xanax, 10mg Valium, or 2mg Ativan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tee2

Greenlighter
I'm not experienced with benzos and I have a choice between these three. Which would you guys recommend? Ativan is the more expensive one but if it's worth it I might spring for it, otherwise I'll just pick between Xanax and Valium.

Thanks.

The are all supposedly equivalent although i would say valium does nothing for me. Ativan is OK but not as good as xanax. Xanax is the best even though the are all equal potency in the doses you listed. And im speaking in terms of recreational use.

If your talking about anxiety then it depends on your situation.

Xanax has a short half life and kicks in quick good for short bursts of anxiety

Ativan is pretty much the same just not quite as fast and short of a half life

Valium takes a while like up to an hour to kick in and has a half like up to 100 hours supposedly but either way its much much longer than xanax and ativan.

If you dont know what im talking about with HL, Equapotency, etc you should post in BDD

id take the valium. though i dont feel like 10mg is really quite equal to 1 mg of xanax or 2 of ativan. it doesnt take anywhere near an hour for me to feel valium.

Go for 1mg Xanax, unless you can get 20mg of Valium, that would probably be a bit nicer. Depends on what you're looking for, though both will just chill you out nicely and you'll have a wonderful sleep. Valium lingers for quite a while, so expect to feel at least a little loopy the next day but benzos at those doses aren't too serious you are essentially sober, just more chilled out.

Go for 1mg Xanax, unless you can get 20mg of Valium, that would probably be a bit nicer. Depends on what you're looking for, though both will just chill you out nicely and you'll have a wonderful sleep. Valium lingers for quite a while, so expect to feel at least a little loopy the next day but benzos at those doses aren't too serious you are essentially sober, just more chilled out.

No I can't get 20mgs. What do you mean by "loopy"?

it depends on what you want it for, if you want it for recreational uses yes the xanax because ten mgs of valium only equals half of one mg of xanax, but if you need this for anxiety that is long lasting then the valium, if you only get panic attacks and need something quick then xanax is the best choice, if you would tell why you are getting them it would be an easier question i dont really like ativan but two mg ativans are supposedly equal to one mg xanax so in theory those two are kind of alike ,

if those were my options id take 10mg of the valium. For some reason 10mg valium affects me stronger than 1mg xanax or 2mg ativan. Even if i take enough ativan to get a buzz it still sucks. now i wuld take 2mg xanax over 10mg valium tho.

Can't you just chew xanax for it to hit you faster?
you can hold just about any benzo under your tongue to make it kick in faster. i wouldnt chew em though, they all tend to be pretty soft pills; they will dissolve in your stomach quickly on their own.

xanax will hit you the hardest... valium is nice coz its a muscle relaxer too, but many people find it more mellow than xanax, as for lorazepam, i've never tried it, some love it others hate it... (as a benzo)

This is for recreational use.

Now, I have to ask, I've read that alcohol and benzos have a synergistic effect. I've also read that it's a very dangerous combination. What if I took one or two pills (probably xanax) and had one or two beers would that be too dangerous?

Take the xanax and wait 2 hours. If you're not where you want to be, have a beer and wait 30 minutes. This is a combo you need to be careful with though. Countless people have blacked out from it or wose :\.

What do you mean? It's extremely common from benzos alone, even more with benzos + alcohol.

Status
Not open for further replies.