• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

hydrocodone and its potentiators

bliss99e

Bluelighter
I was checking out this site dealing with percs, vikes, oc etc. They have a list of otc drugs that enhance the opiates. Its at http://www.coldwaterworld.com/potentiators.htm
I have two on the list, doxylamine succinate and naproxen sodium (aleve). Does anyone know if they are safe to combine? The page tells what each one does with opiates, but doesnt talk about interaction. Thanks.

Naproxen sodium really isn't hardmfull to mix with most anything.. certinly not with any opioids .. not sure if it will actually increase the effects of any narcotic though...

Originally posted by bliss99e:
I was checking out this site dealing with percs, vikes, oc etc. They have a list of otc drugs that enhance the opiates. Its at http://www.coldwaterworld.com/potentiators.htm
I have two on the list, doxylamine succinate and naproxen sodium (aleve). Does anyone know if they are safe to combine? The page tells what each one does with opiates, but doesnt talk about interaction. Thanks.

While your at it, go out and pick up a box of Wal-mart (cheapest) brand cimetadine tabs (generic for Tagamet.)

I don't fully trust that coldwaterworld page... a lot of it seems awfully sketchy, and there are a few facts that seem to be downright wrong. Keep in mind that it's just one random guy's opinion.
It's not OTC, but one of the best things to combine with opioids are various muscle relaxants, esp carisoprodal (Soma). I don't enjoy these on their own, but they do a lot for opioids -- you can get them in Mexico easily, and online without much trouble.
Some people say antihistamines help, but they just make me sleepy.
Many swear by benzos+opioids, but I don't like this one either... and benzos aren't OTC again.

The coldwater page is a bunch of shit. do NOT combine with CYP2d6 inhibitors like cimetidine (tagament). Yes these are one of the enzymes which degrade hydrocodeon but it is what is degrading it into hydromorphone which is what you want. CYP2d6 excitors are rare...I think phenergen (genereic name?) is one of the few things that will do it but I don't think it is OTC...but this probably depends on your country (my guess is it is not scheduled but just isn't availible in US drug stores correct me if I am wrong).
While not strictly potentiating alot of ppl, myself includede, enjoy the effects of them combined with benzos more.