• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids oxymorphone/opana IR question - FIRST TIME

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiLights

Bluelighter
Hello BL Community!

I have been a chronic pain patient since last october, and had been taking 5-10mg of hydrocodone every 4 hours for 4 months, then for a month took 10mg Opana ER orally twice a day, when i realized i needed breakthrough pain meds i went back to hydrocodone and took 10mg pretty regularly every 4 hours for the past few weeks. Yesterday, my doctor switched me back to opana ER twice daily with Opana IR for breakthru pain. He gave me 5mg pills and instructed me to only take a half pill once no more than every 8 hours orally, also to NOT DRINK WHATSOEVER. Since alcohol is my second favorite DoC next to MDMA, i am a little saddened.

I have the opportunity to have a little fun with these, and I want to be able to unwind and catch a buzz. I guess i have a small tolerance, but not really because the ONE TIME after a procedure they gave me 20mg of hydrocodone i was SUPER fucked up, it was nice but almost too much. I also take .5 to 1mg of lorazepam daily.

the fent IV push they gave me pre procedure was upwards of 200mcg from what i remember, and it was AWESOME, but i was coherent, the doc thought i would be lights out. shit was so fun lol

anywayyyyy

my question is this (and i searched a few times, trust me, and i could only find stories of people railing ER in huge amounts)

if i took 5mg orally, would i catch a buzz?

i understand the bio availability is only 10% orally, and 40% insufflated

this drug makes me incredibly nervous, i feel like its beyond anything ive ever really taken before (insufflated)

so, if i snorted a quarter of the 5mg pill, would that be a good starter place? I really, really don't want to fuck around with something that is going to wreck my shit, but at the same time i dont want to miss out on what everyone seems to tout as the champagne of opiates.

a little guidance for a noob with an incredibly low tolerance would be great!

dont try to get high on your pain meds. thats a VERY slippery slope. one minute your railing a quarter of one pill and the next your running out of all your meds in the first week so you start using heroin to stay well.

and dont even attempt to snort opana if you get tore back off 20mg hydrocodone. youll end up the same place as my good friend who OD'ed off snorted opana last year.

Opana is hands down THEE most addictive opiate there is. your playing with fire. just a fair warning.

knowing myself i would not get into it. i am literally deathly afraid of needle drugs, i can kick an addiction like i can fill my gas tank.

i do appreciate that advice tho. i dont want to OD, and i certainly dont want to rail even an entire 5mg pill.

most importantly, i am sorry for your friend. that is never fun. my buddy got addicted to H and died recently as well. big loss for the community, he was such a nice kid. i know how that feels. his fiance was his 8th grade sweetheart. she was CRUSHED

Do you actually get the old style Opana ER's? I think (I took these for awhile but my memory is shit) they were yellow stop signs (40mg). If you have the crushable ones, consider yourself lucky (in the get high way). Although they are highly addictive, like others have said, they will "get you right". Also, when I used to snort 20-40mg of the old Opana's I'd get a wave of nausea before things would settle down. BTW, I am extremely opiate tolerant but you may experience the nausea depending on how much you do.

The ER are the dual concave crush resistant ones (damnit)

And the opana IR are absolutely crushable. They're tiny little circle pills.

Please don't post the same question in two different forums. You already posted this in BDD.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.