• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Subutex with hydrocodone

bben

Bluelighter
I take 1-2mg of subutex daily.

I wanted to know how much hydrocodone i should add on top of subutex to get a mild good feeling.

My tolerance is probably in the 30-40 mg oxy range, but idk really as all i take is the subutex 1.5mg every day so whatever that puts me at tolerancewise.

I was thinking like adding 10mg lortab on top of it, what do you guys think? i dont want to OD or anything.

Do you take the subutex every day as part of a maintenance treatment? Do you skip it when you take oxycodone?

Just wondering as subutex isn't the best opiate to mix with others given it's high receptor affinity, anything else doesn't tend to get much of a look-in.. even at lowish subutuex doses it's still going to be a lot harder getting high off other things. Have you mixed other opiates with your subutex before? I can't imagine 10mg hydrocodone having much effect at all, if any.. but I could be wrong, your subutex dose is pretty low and I don't have a huge amount of experience with it. The more I think I understand buprenorphone 100%, the more someone tells me something I did not know ;)

40mg oxycodone is roughly equivalent to 60mg hydrocodone according to the conversion table in my signature btw, in case you weren't sure of the comparitive strenghts :)

Last edited:
yeah 10mg of hydro isn't going to do anything if you take 1.5mg of subutex a day. you could wait something like 12-16 hours and take 60-80mg of hydro, but the subutex is still going to muffle the effects, even then

yeah 10mg of hydro isn't going to do anything if you take 1.5mg of subutex a day. you could wait something like 12-16 hours and take 60-80mg of hydro, but the subutex is still going to muffle the effects, even then

So your saying that 1-2mg subutex a day really raised my tolerance all the way to 60-80mg hydro? that seems high but i guess it could have.

^ no, it's more that subutex will block other opiates from working so a higher dose would be needed to overcome this.

Forgetting the subutex, if you can take 40mg of oxycodone, according to the conversion chart (in my sig) the equivalent dose is 60mg.

However, taking oxycodone or hydrocodne alone is a completely different thing to taking them after subutex. The subutex will cancel out a lot of the effects. We're not advising you to take huge doeses, that wouldn't be harm reduction at all! Just trying to explain that if you have taken subutex, you get damped (or no) effects from opiates you take on top.

I'm a bit confused about exactly what you are asking here, sorry!

If you take the Subutex too soon after your last dose of hydrocodone you will go into precipitated withdrawals which is no fun. You want to wait at least 12 hours after your last dose of hydrocodone before taking the Subutex.

There is no chance you will get high from 10mg of hydrocodone if you are on 1.5mg of buprenorphine a day. I'd imagine you'd need something like 45-60mg of hydrocodone to get high if you usually take 30-45mg of oxycodone to get off. Buprenorphine raises your tolerance to other opioids as well. Remember, don't take the full agonist (hydrocodone) before the buprenorphine, only take it after or you will possibly go into precipitated withdrawals.

I think you are confusing subutex with suboxone which is a drug that has the same ingredient (buprenorphine) as well as (naltrexone) which will most certainly send you into withdrawl like you said.