• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

How is LSD (acid) bad for you?

ActiveMatx

Bluelighter
Alchol is bad because it ruins your liver,
Ectasy is bad because it depletes your serotonin etc. etc.
But how is acid bad for you? What exactly does it do? Is it as harmful as everyone says it to be?

i havent tried it but i know for a fact that it can temporarily mess up your sleep patterns and many have also experienced flashbacks wich leads me to believe that it affects both the pineal gland and possibly the hippcampus...its not toxic to your body physically tho....cause you need a smidge to get you goin. Anyone else know more?
plUr

i was reading about the possability of it affecting the pineal gland today. Read Terrance McKenna's book "Food of the Gods". It'll shed some light on a lot of hallucinagens for you.
------------------
"Prohibition...goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which out government was founded."
--Abraham Lincoln -- December, 1840
  • AIM = CaucasianHomeboy
-Fuck PLUR, get high-

As far as i know, more than 4 tabs a year will <i>permanently</i> screw up the neurons in your head (so one trip per season?) & exuberant use will increase the chances of hallucinations even when sober. E may cause manic depression from seratonin depletion but LSD mite cause permanent disillusionment with reality.
Bring on the sceptiks yeha
------------------
yesterday i waws a fruitcake.

well obviously any drug is bad for you to some extent... some physical, some mental...
the only thing that I think lsd affects you with - is the fact that your perceptions are all challenged and you might never look at the world the same way again. this might be a good or bad thing depending on your personality. take your pick
Mella

is "perminantly screw up the neurons" the technical term for it? lol
acid is a lot safer than a lot of people believe.

^
|
|
ummm, that is a complete load of crap. sorry to be so blunt, but it had to be said. where exactly did you hear that, a friend of a friend of a friend?
as far as lsd causing the body damage, it really doesn't. what it can do is trigger underlying mental illness in people, like someone having mental illness running in their family.
lsd (and psilocybin) are thought to be serotonin antagonists. they doesn't function in anyway like MDMA (obviously), but instead are probably playing tricks with the serotonin system...lsd is actually very close in configuration to 5HT.
flashbacks occur in a small percentage of users as a result of the acid causing the person to go through a 'traumatic' experience. they experience flashbacks in much the same way as rape victims or abused children do.
------------------
~*day_for_night*~

^
|
Naturalhigh, post your sources please. 4 tabs a year permanently damaging your neurons smells like bullshit
smile.gif
, anyway, I have read in various books such as Tim Leary and medical journals that a 15% increase in lateral thinking IQ is shown in some, but not all poeple who use LSD. From my experience with LSD and with poeple who have done it, i believe it makes dumb poeple dumber and poeple of average intelligence stay the same or become aware of the brains potential and use it. Aspirin is more physically damaging than LSD. Its a pretty safe drug overall, minus the psychological implications that may arise from poeple with already present or underlying psychological problems, peace
------------------
To use your head you have to go out of your mind- Dr. Tmothy Leary
[This message has been edited by Mescalito (edited 24 May 2001).]

4 tabs a year fucks you up for good?
Yeah right. Plenty of people here besides me have taken 20 - 30 hits in a DAY before.
The only difference in me is nothing.

thats bullshit(the 4 tabs thing). Acid generally dosesn't mess you up physically. I agree with the above comment that it changes the way you think about things and how you look at the world. I've done more acid then anyone I know and the only change I have is that I don't feel that I can relate to the rest of the world. Kinda disconnected. All these myths about it make me sick.

Yeah...anyone who tells you it's going to mess you up physically is full of absolute shit and has no idea what they are talking about. Acid doesn't get stuck in between your spinal cord and leak out later in life and give u a flash back or anything like that. It's actually one of the safest things out there <b> physically </b> . Check out Erowid the FAQ on there will answer all your questions about both physical AND mental harm. A lot of people who end up messed up in the head from acid, had that problem to begin with, the cid just brought it to the forefronts because it challenges your mind to delve deeper within itself.
------------------
AIM: Junglist22
"A man who makes no mistakes, makes nothing at all."

Yeah...anyone who tells you it's going to mess you up physically is full of absolute shit and has no idea what they are talking about. Acid doesn't get stuck in between your spinal cord and leak out later in life and give u a flash back or anything like that. Flashbacks are something totally different. It's actually one of the safest things out there <b> physically </b> . Check out Erowid the FAQ on there will answer all your questions about both physical AND mental harm. A lot of people who end up messed up in the head from acid, had that problem to begin with, the cid just brought it to the forefronts because it challenges your mind to delve deeper within itself.
------------------
AIM: Junglist22
"A man who makes no mistakes, makes nothing at all."

Acid does not do ANYTHING to your body. There are rumors about chromosome damage, acid staying in your spine, and I've even heard that when you take acid it makes your brain bleed all over your spine and that's what makes you trip.
First of all...COMPLETE BULLSHIT.
..and secondly, i started doing acid this year and my grades are the highest they've ever been. I believe it gives you a different outlook on life and helps you think and resolve problems. Acid is not only a drug that fucks you up, it's a tool for entertainment, mind-expansion, religion, and a tool for bettering your life. You just have to learn how to use it...and trust me..it's not that hard.

only thing i notice is i see/hear things in my peripheral senses all the time when i'm sober. very minor, but always there hallucinations. I personally kinda like them, sometimes its annoying, but it happens to me (and a few others I know) all the time.
No biggie though, I still do well in school, no problems physically. I just look at things in a different light I guess now that my "eyes have been opened to the true reality" or something. hehe.
------------------
"Prohibition...goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which out government was founded."
--Abraham Lincoln -- December, 1840
  • AIM = CaucasianHomeboy
-Fuck PLUR, get high-

Uv1 - "LSD does no physical harm to you. No whatsoever. The risk is psychological."
True, true. I remember reading an article on LSD by one of those well known respected researchers
smile.gif
, can't remember who or where but it said that "statistically, LSD is the safest drug we know of".
Physically speaking of course. But psychologically it has AWESOME potential. Just a case of a 'few bad apples' giving it a bad name.
------------------
"Yes, I am one of the most despised and despicable of media monsters, that blight of corruption against morality and decency and law’n’order — one who chooses to partake of consciousness-altering flowering herbs and alchemical essences — a drug user!"