• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Aniracetam... holy crap does it work!

lifeisforliving

Bluelighter
For those familiar with Piracetam.. Aniracetam is another nootropic that is supposed to be more effective at lower dosages, and they're correct - it's effective.

I took 2.6g of it about 3 hours ago. Wow. I mean, music sounds better, I feel almost like a little line of speed, but no edge.

I feel immersed in my studying like I was on some amphetamine (like I sometimes am!).

Anyways, just thought I'd give a testimonial about this stuff - wow!

I can't wait to pre-load with this stuff the next time I do MDMA.

(I usually use Piracetam, so I am used to the effects.. but I just never go such a detectable fast feel from Piracetam like I just did from Aniracetam).

Will I feel it my first time?
I was going to buy some a while back but the store owner told me i wouldn't see a difference until 3-4 weeks on it. So i was all like fuck this shit.

With Piracetam I didn't notice anything different.. not until about week 2 or so. And that was with attack doses of 4gram/day.

It has to do (as far as my limitied knowledge goes) with the ability for the different 'racetam's to cross the blood/brain barrier. Aniracetam/oxiracetam have greater ability to do so.

Were you taking piracetam regularly before you took the aniracetam?

In your opinion should i feel the aniracetam my first dose having no previous experience with racetams?

I've been out of Piracetam for about 3 months, so this was my first dose of Aniracetam.

I'll post again in a week or so to tell if I get the same sensation each day.

Piracetam is water-soluble, but aniracetam is fat-soluble. This partly explains why the effects last longer.

Put your aniracetam in a small glass and mix it with some olive oil, then drink it.

Add some Alpha-GCP and Lecithin to have some choline in your brain, and damn does it feel good.

If you're really looking for powerful effects, add some vasodilatators like Gingko (or Vinpocetine if you have more $$$) and a standard dose of caffeine (100mg, not too much). You'll allmost feel on speed, the side effect beeing that the next day you will feel brighter than now.

Nootropics are cool when you think of it...

Last edited:
You don't have to really mix it in a glass, you can take some oils like fish oil in caps and drink it.

jubai said:
Piracetam is water-soluble, but aniracetam is fat-soluble. This partly explains why the effects last longer.

Put your aniracetam in a small glass and mix it with some olive oil, then drink it.

Add some Alpha-GCP and Lecithin to have some choline in your brain, and damn does it feel good.

If you're really looking for powerful effects, add some vasodilatators like Gingko (or Vinpocetine if you have more $$$) and a standard dose of caffeine (100mg, not too much). You'll allmost feel on speed, the side effect beeing that the next day you will feel brighter than now.

Nootropics are cool when you think of it...

Exactly! Took the words right out of my mouth.

Currently I'm on:

Fish oil 4g/day
Vinpocetine 100mg (dose size including filllers)
Aniracetam 1.5g/day (I moved it back from 2.5g or so because I was having problem shuttind down at the end of the day)
Choline Bitartrate 500mg twice daily.
Alpha GPC 250mg
Multivitamin of course.

oh yeah, and GABA 5g/night. Helps me winddown.

I want to add back some magnesium carbonate or something.

Good stack don't you think? Anything I should add?

It's nice to hear somebody else had great results.. I seriously cannot remember a time when I've felt more alert and "with it". Things are just easier on this stuff... especially essay writing for me, which has always been a weakness of mine.

What about drinking alcohol with these products? Can you?
If you plan to drink one night can you just not take them that day, or is it something that stays in your system and keeps doing its thing?

MynameisnotDeja What about drinking alcohol with these products? Can you?
If you plan to drink one night can you just not take them that day, or is it something that stays in your system and keeps doing its thing?

For me, the piracetam/aniracetam lets me drink more before feeling sick. A friend of mine says the same thing. Just two people's experience, but I suspect that it definately wouldn't be a negative thing.

I don't think there's anything in my list that would be adversely affected by alchohol. I don't get hangovers as much, but the difference isn't that noticeable.

ProjectOr is that stuff good for you though?

Yes, as far as I know, it's all good for me :)

There are no reports of neurotoxicity, and many reports of protective effects. The most studied racetam that I know of is oxiracetam. There are many clinical studies using oxiracetam mostly in a theraputic environment for people who are suffering from elderly mental disorders or strokes.

I guess the only thing I can point to other than how I "feel" is that my GPA year was 3.5, this year it's 4.0. I am studying more this year, but whether the nootropics caused that or the change was simply my desire to get a higher GPA.. who knows... I just know I feel very effecient studying when I take these supplements.

The BIGGEST detectable effect I had was when I added the aniracetam instead of the piracetam. The vinpocetine I just started taking also, so maybe that helps too.

The best way to think of how you would feel doing this stuff would be if you took 2 cups of coffee, a very small line of amphetamine (without the jitteryness or paranoia).... you know how you feel on amphetamine/coke? like when your mind just seems happy to race between different thoughts? Like you just enjoy sitting there thinking... it doesn't give euphoria or anything like that, just a sense of wellbeing.

I am SUCH a convert to this stuff now... and I feel soo much better not taking amphetamine to study (I keep my drugs to the weekends :))

a substance can only be classified as a nootropic if it is non-toxic at dosage levels.
There is also evidence of them protecting the brain against "damage" from things like alcohol:) .
I've been reading a good deal on these lately, and i'm going to order some for when i move out in july.
I have severe trouble concentrating sometimes (oftentimes the root of when my drug use becomes abuse:\ ) and i'd like something that helps me to that end. I think the pramiracetam and aniracetam look good for this.
They almost seem to good to be true you know?

I guess the only thing I can point to other than how I "feel" is that my GPA year was 3.5, this year it's 4.0.

nice - do you feel you've retained what you've learnt better too?

jubai said:

Actually the effect doesn't last anywhere near as long. Just because it's fat soluble doesn't mean anything :) The half life of piracetam is around 6-8 hours. Half-life of aniracetam is like 1.5

VelocideX i think it's about 2-4 hours for piracetam, not sure for aniracetam but should be double that time if i remember well

I've burned out on all of that stuff. I was knackered, headachey and just out of energy in the end. Contrary to studies, I don't believe that it is particularly good for you..

But it was a total revelation at the time.

Which is why you need to take a 1 or 2 week vacation from the -cetams every now and again. As well as taking a choline supplement.

I think that you need more than just a 1-2 week break and some choline.

More like a year in Barbados with intraveinous vitamin supplementation and an eyemask.

da_sense said:
VelocideX i think it's about 2-4 hours for piracetam, not sure for aniracetam but should be double that time if i remember well

http://www.bulknutrition.com/a95_Brain_Food__Aniracetam.html
Another of aniracetam’s interesting properties is that its effects are very short-lived. After oral administration, the onset of activity is rapid and the total duration of activity is short [2]. In rats, peak plasma levels of aniracetam are reached 20-30 minutes after oral administration, and the half-life is 1.7-2.1 hours [30]. In humans, the highest blood levels of the metabolites are reached two hours after administration, and this coincides with the largest changes in the EEG [32-33]. Plasma levels of the metabolites reach baseline within 6 hours, although the half-life and AUC are both significantly increased in the elderly [32]. It has been suggested that one of the reasons aniracetam is not more widely used is because it is so short-acting [5].

http://www.bulknutrition.com/a86_Brain_Food__Piracetam_I.html
Piracetam is highly water soluble and stable and has no known metabolites [8]. It is excreted primarily, but not solely, by the kidneys [6, 49]. It has an oral bioavailability of almost 100%, and maximum levels in the bloodstream are reached in 30-50 minutes, with a plasma half-life of about 4-5 hours [6]. In contrast, CNS levels reach the maximum amount in 4-5 hours and the CNS half-life is 7.7 hours [3, 22-23].

Sorry for the late reply.

I started taking nootropics 6 months ago, and I can honestly say I have never felt better. My mind is much clearer now.

Even when I stop taking them I still keep most of the effects with me.

In my opinion, R-ALA (see below) protects from 90% of the damage of Ectasy. It's crazy. You need 2x the dosage of E (yes, it really interferes with its metabolism), and even then you feel much more lucid and healthy.

My mind was almost crystal clear the day after taking 4¾ pills of high quality E. Combined with a low dose of Deprenyl, I noticed no crash. In fact it took me 3 days to come back to baseline, I was slowly gliding down with waves of energy and power. I was doing my calculus homeworks the night after the party. Fucking awesome.

I use www.imminst.org for extensive knowledge on nootropics. I got around 15 supps at home (I will keep around 7 of them in the future).

It is important to cycle your nootropics, also.

In brief, smart usage of brain food, anti-oxydants and nootropics have changed my life for the better, with no signs of slowing down.

PS: I was smart and motivated before taking them, I'm just more now ah.

So, regarding your post

lifeisforliving said:
Exactly! Took the words right out of my mouth.

Currently I'm on:

Fish oil 4g/day
Vinpocetine 100mg (dose size including filllers)
Aniracetam 1.5g/day (I moved it back from 2.5g or so because I was having problem shuttind down at the end of the day)
Choline Bitartrate 500mg twice daily.
Alpha GPC 250mg
Multivitamin of course.

oh yeah, and GABA 5g/night. Helps me winddown.

I want to add back some magnesium carbonate or something.

Good stack don't you think? Anything I should add?

Looking good. Bulknutrition's piracetam is pretty good for me, maybe try it again now that your body uses nootropics in a good way?

Mixing piracetam and aniracetam is good, and you will save some money (piracetam is 5-6 times less expensive)

I would make some changes to this regimen. Your stack is good for feeding your brain with essential nutrients (Choline from Bitartrate and GPC) and increasing blood flow and communication in your brain. I would change this:

1- Drop the Bitartrate and get some Lecithin, triple strength (35%). About the same price, and Lecithin is a more bioavailable source of choline (less than GPC though)

2- Experiment with higher doses of GPC (400, 600mg). It will probably do you good. If you feel some tension in your muscles (neck, shoulders), then you took too much and thus have too much of the neurotransmitter Choline in your brain and muscles, which might cause involontary contractions. Drop back to a confortable level

Feeding your brain and protecting it is good, but another key aspects of nootropics is to extend your lifespan and general health. In this aspect:

Get some R-ALA (alpha lipoic acid) from bulknutrition (the 1fast400 brand), as well as some ALCAR (acetyl-l-carnitine) powder.

1.5-2g alcar a day
200-400 mg R-ALA a day

Both are proven life extensioners. ALA kills free radicals at an alarming rate (if you are on it and take some Ectasy, you will need 2-3 times the normal dosage.). It really protects from cell and mitochondrial damage, will chelate heavy metals from your body, extremely anti-oxydant etc.

ALCAR feeds the body good, and gives a constant background focus.

Taken together they have a synergesistic effect. Take them with 10 min interval, as if they mix together they polymerize instantly and become waste. Both are FAT SOLUBLE.

Finally, get some green tea extract powder and some gingko biloba powder from the same supplier. Make yourselfs some full 00 caps with 400mg green tea and 150mg gingko.

This mix is very cheap (20$ will give you 3-6 months), and works wonder. Both will protect from aging, while brining a nice and clean energy, without the jitterness of caffeine. Calm focus. Surprisingly effective, very usable for parties.

So in brief, change:

-Better Choline source and ingestion
-ALA and ALCAR for extensive protection and focus
-Green Tea and Gingko for a cheap, calm and energic boost with the added effect of memory protection and anti-oxydants properties.

Why would you need more ecstasy when taking ALA? MDMA isn't a free radical by itself, nor is it susceptible to attack by antioxidants. I've taken k-r-ala before withpills and noticed no change in dosage required.