• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Seroquel - Feeling like a zombie

ichosewisely

Greenlighter
Greetings.
So due to severe insomnia I've been prescribed Seroquel 25mg's per night. This worked out great for 9 days while I was recovering from the sleep deprivation. I've now been on it for 18 days and for the past 9 days I've been feeling like a zombie and it seems to be getting worse day by day. Has anyone had similar experiences?

My girlfriend is on it and she hates it. It makes her feel like a ghost she says...

That's a pretty low dose to be experiencing those side effects at, but Seroquel lasts FOREVER, & if its having any effects on you that seem to last throughout the day you should switch to a shorter acting sleep medication... Preferably one that's actually FDA approved for sleep. (Actually, Seroquel might be FDA approved for sleep, but I know it wasn't like two years ago.)

When I was committed the second time, I was put on Seroquel for the daytime. I think it was just to keep me obedient and to have nothing to do with free will. It also gave me awful nystagmus. That wouldn't be too bad, but as an artist, I needed to draw everyday to keep from going stir crazy. And it frustrated me to no end that I couldn't focus properly and all my artwork turned out to be garish and terrible.

I've never taken it for sleep, although one of my friends was on it for a short while before she managed to get Lunesta, which she thinks miles better than Seroquel. No drowsy, hungover feeling in the morning.

Another sleep aid psychs tend to give out is Trazodone. It's not as bad as the Seroquel, but it will make you drowsy and difficult to wake up in the morning.

@OP:

Seroquel is a neuroleptic and that's just what they do. Things could be even worse. 25mg is a very low dose and quetiapine isn't nearly as zombiefying as Zyprexa, Haldol and the lot..

Did anybody hear about a class action against the manufacturer of Seroquel because it may cause diabetes? I have to find a link.

Yea seroquel makes me feel groggy as fuck when I get up the next morning, I hate that shit.

I have plenty of experience with seroquel and noticed after the first month or so its gets a lot better in terms of always being groggy. You'll still want to oversleep, and will still be slow in the mornings, but it wasn't till after around a month that the zomby feeling started letting up.

However it will always be there to a degree. I was on a much higher dose of seroquel for wds, and it was interesting that even at 500mg I still felt "stimulated" from the wds alone. Even though I could feel the seroquel the adrenaline from wds during the day would overcome it and give me energy.

Once the wds went away, I started getting super groggy and spaced out from it, and after about a month of building tolerance things got better. What never did get better however was my ability to wake up in the mornings. Which is why I got off it after 3 months. It was only prescribed initially for wds anyway, and I didn't wanna stay on it any longer.

But seroquel IS great for sleep if your in wds. Benzos tend to not leave me with hangovers, but seroquel is also not addicted in any respect like benzos, so you can complain about the hangovers now with seroquel, or complain about wds 6 months down the road when you try to get off benzos.
I know that feeling very well, but if you keep at it for a few more weeks you will see it starts to moderate a lot. The spacey feeling eventually went away and I actually felt just calm most of the time instead of zombified, EVEN AT doses a crapload higher than yours.

And the thing with 25mg is its such a low amount, that it will take your body longer to adjust to it believe it or not. I think because I was so much higher my body was forced to "adapt" and the seroquel became much more beneficial at that point for anxiety. Its just the sleep that never really improved.

SEROQUEL FUCKING SUCKS! I am prescribed it and am trying my best to get off it. almost everyone who takes seroquel knows the grogginess your talking about...it sucks.! get off it before you get a tolerance

Thanks for the replies. I have contacted my doctor and he's gonna find something else that works for me, thank god

I've tried it for sleep. It would make me feel like a zombie for about 16 hours at doses as low as 25mgs. Not good when you only want to sleep for 8. I can't take it, I think its garbage.

I've been off Seroquel for about a week now completely. Was taking ~150mg XR every night for the past 8 months, sometimes upto 300mg.

I feel so much better already, my mind feels like it's had a blanket tightly wrapped around it and its been taken off. I feel more like 'me' and my anxiety has actually reduced. I had no idea it was effecting me so negatively. I really have grown to dislike anti-psychotics quite a bit. I feel more 'alive' not on them.

This is only my experience though, if you really need them for a condition eg. bipolar or something it may be of help. I was just using them for insomnia really.

I've been on Seroquel for years to help me sleep - I'm also a severe insomniac. Your body and brain do get used to the sedating effects of the drug over time. I need 150mg's (sometimes up to 300mg's or more) each night to fall asleep, and initially it did leave me feeling like a zombie the next day, but now I find that it has pretty much worn off by the time I wake up in the morning. You've only been taking Seroquel for 18 days, so just give yourself time to adjust to it.

Try Trazodone. It works wonders for me. 100mg Trazodone before bed. :D

Serequel works by REDUCING your dopamine levels.

It will always make you feel terrible but take away any delusional thoughts and put you to sleep.

Do not take it unless you really feel you need it. It does the complete opposite of getting you high, it gets you LOW if you need that kind of help.

I would say I hate seroquel, I never take it for more than a day, and Im not prescibed.

Reasons for taking:
1) TO PASS THE FUCK OUT - Great if you desperltly need sleep (coke/meth/whatever)
I get really hungry for some reason and play the sandwhich game, see if I can make/eat a sandwhich before I lapse into coma, I usually lose.

2)Sometimes a small amount mixed with benzo's/weed/alcohol can be enjoyable but I do NOT recommend. One time a few friends took KPins/Vodka/Weed/Seroquel and it ended HORRIBLY for all of us. One kid was so messed the NEXT DAY he fell down the stairs at shool and smashed his face open - DO NOT RECOMMEND,

However, for a once in a blue moon thing its great for knocking you out.

Seroquel might be good for ending a crack binge when taken 100-150mg 20mins prior smoking the last hit.

I was talking 100mgs everyday and that shit did the same thing to me. I still have like 25 of these things left and im just going to throw them away, complete waste of time.

i take 200mgs at first it made me groggy and i passed out...now it doesnt even help me sleep. so i dont even take them