• CD Moderators: Thomas Davie | Darksidesam | Madness
  • Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Does weed make anyone else feel more alert/hyper?

amber_dawn

Bluelighter
The vast majority of people seem to be the opposite, claiming weed makes them tired. I've seen many of my friends smoke and then fall asleep. But when I smoke weed, It makes me feel more awake! Hyper even, sometimes, I want to dance and laugh and joke around. It doesn't matter what type of weed--both indicas & sativas have this effect on me, although sativa a little more. I've even smoked pot to help me stay awake before! After about two hours, I'll feel tired--but not tired enough to pass out, no different than coming down off a cup of coffee or something.

I don't understand why I'm like this, I've got no complaints about it--I'm just trying to figure out why I'm weird. There have got to be more people like this!

Thoughts that have occurred to me that might be connected--
I've been diagnosed with ADD before (i don't know if add/adhd is real or not, just pointing that out as maybe having something to do with why) and I find that smoking weed also helps me focus my thoughts a great deal. I don't know if this could be connected, but maybe?

Anyway....are there any others out there who find weed to be a stimulant for them???? I want to know I'm not alone here.

Personally, it does make me feel more alert but not right away - first I feel very relaxed, but after 15 minutes or so I do feel way more focused than I did before I smoked. That effect lasts for a few hours in my case, but it certainly does not help me to stay awake... But whenever I'm reading, weed is my drug of choice.
You're very lucky if weed helps you stay awake, cause I need chemicals for that! How unfair!! Now I'm jealous :)

I agree. I cant sleep while high. Weed has always had a very stimulating quality for me. That being said it started causing me axiety so I dont smoke anymore.

Fuck no. Give me a blunt, some ice-cream, and im out.

Depends on the setting and what I plan to do while high. If I'm smoking before some sort of activity it will usually pick me up and give me some energy. But if I'm just hanging with some friends not really doing much it'll put me in a very relaxed mood.

weed js makes my head and eye lids feel heavy which is the only part on makin me tired and kinda sleepy. otherwise it keeps me alert and has me thinking about the randomest things in the world constantly nonstop.

i have never been able to get my hands on sativa in australia, its usually just indica, "street bud." oh well. anyhow, i dont feel hyper at all, unless im smoking a joint it gives me a buzz of energy, but pulling bongs keeps me really relaxed. i smoke before sleep so i can actually get to sleep, cones makes me reallly tired....:);)

i feel more alert as well and able to do things because everything is more interesting and i have a friend who becomes super alert but he grow so i think it might just be paranoia lol

I have a friend who gets energy from smoking as well. Having smoked with him more times than I could ever possibly count - I believe him! He just becomes more focused and relaxed. It helps him sort out his thoughts and he's more productive because of it. It gives him a boost in his spirits which gives him more energy. He never gets tired from toking unless he smokes a shit ton.

I usually find that weed makes me sleepy. I usually smoke before bed and sometimes canNOT sleep unless I smoke a short little bowl. I have had different strains of medical that made me more energetic but I need to start writing those down because I need a little boost of creative energy during the week.

you aint weird, everyone is different, and some people are just wired better for cannabis than others :/

Both Indica and Sativa give me a big boost of energy, the latter more so of course. Sometimes it's so bad I feel compelled to do some push-ups, or go running out into the forest. And as for using pot to help me sleep.... there's absolutely no chance of sleeping while high :S

I am retired and tend to sit around too much. I smoke weed to help me get up and do some work around the house and the yard. A little bowl every hour starting at sunrise works great. I especially like to get high and use sharp tools. The machete is my favorite. Climbing to the top of the ladder to trim tree branches is a blast. As long as I'm careful about alcohol, no problem.

(I only use sativa in this tropical country.)

I personally find nothing more fun than riding a bike when high. I remember when I first started smoking I would have what some would call mini freak outs (or as I called them, panic attacks.) But I would hop on a 2o" bike and everything would be good. Plus, I've found myself going on long-ass rides when high. When the high wore off, I would realize how far I peddled and be mad because I had to peddle back home tired from coming down.

When I use my vaporizer I have a more stimulating/non lazy and energerltic high ...+ I don't burn out after vaporizing.

When I smoke weed I feel more lazy an when I burn out i am stuck to the couch for hours after.

I guess it makes sense . Whn u smoke ur body is taking in carcinogens, and ur body tries to get rid of them which uses up energy

really depends on how much energy i have in the first place. if it's the end of the day and i'm relaxing, it definitely makes me less energetic/social. but if it's during the day and i'm not exhausted (which is usually the case if i have the chance to smoke during the day anyway), it really pumps me up to get things accomplished and especially exercise.

Sativas give me more energy\alertness, but when im just smoking like mids or something it generally makes me more sleepy.

my first smoke of the day always made me alert. i'd get out of school, smoke a bowl and be energized for the rest of the day