• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Plugging codeine

mindtools

Bluelighter
There's one thread when searched, but it's about sth different.

I have codeine pills, 15mg codeine, 500mg paracetamolum (acetominophen?).
I wanted to do simple water extraction of 105mg codeine, but then I thought, why not to try plugging ;)

Is it possible?

If I would do extraction, I'll end up with like 30ml of water solution = 6x the capacity of syrgine :p

Can I just put the pills up my ass? :D that would be 3,5g of apap, what's not the worst amount, it seems?

What are your opinions?

pzdr

You need to have codeine go through your liver to become Morphine before it can be on it way to your receptors. Rectally will bypass this and a large portion of the Codeine will not become morphine. Perhaps, eventually, it will... but I'm not sure..

Just do the CWE and chug away

Yea, from what I understand codeine has to be metabolized by the liver in order to become morphine as Swerz pointed out. Perhaps it would work and you'd get a little buzz, but not as well as oral administration.

Plugging codeine from a CWE gets you 'HIGHER' then taking it orally. I've tried this method several times when oral doses wouldn't get me high anymore, and voila I experienced an enhanced high compared to orally dosing when I plugged. I don't use codeine anymore however for other reasons I won't go into.

If I'm not mistaken the codeine goes through your liver anyway no matter what ROA you choose, because it enters the liver through your bloodstream, so it's not as if it has to go through your stomach in order for your liver to metabolize it into morphine. I'm not certain but I'm pretty sure this is the case.

Plugging codeine from a CWE gets you 'HIGHER' then taking it orally. I've tried this method several times when oral doses wouldn't get me high anymore, and voila I experienced an enhanced high compared to orally dosing when I plugged. I don't use codeine anymore however for other reasons I won't go into.

If I'm not mistaken the codeine goes through your liver anyway no matter what ROA you choose, because it enters the liver through your bloodstream, so it's not as if it has to go through your stomach in order for your liver to metabolize it into morphine. I'm not certain but I'm pretty sure this is the case.

Sorry to bring up a dinosaur. Can anybody else shed some light on this? I did a CWE an let the mixture dry into a powder. I hate the foul taste and I will throw it back up if I chug this stuff. I only have about 200mg from this CWE, will plugging it be a waste of time and anal violation?

The biggest issue with me is that you would have to plug such a high volume of water, when I plug I stick to 3ml max.

It does work though, there have been many reports over the years to suggest that plugging codeine is very effective.

Sorry to bring up a dinosaur. Can anybody else shed some light on this? I did a CWE an let the mixture dry into a powder. I hate the foul taste and I will throw it back up if I chug this stuff. I only have about 200mg from this CWE, will plugging it be a waste of time and anal violation?
Codeine is a prodrug and requires conversion to active compounds in the liver. When substances are absorbed from the stomach, small intestine and most of the large intestine, they enter the bloodstream in what is known as the hepatic portal system which travels directly to the liver. This is known as first pass metabolism and for prodrugs is advantageous. When a substance is plugged, it is absorbed through the walls of the rectum. The blood vessels here are part of systemic circulation and do not directly lead to the liver. (you can see it in this image [nsfw for size])
NSFW:

21533-0550x0475.jpg

When the codeine gets into the regular blood stream it is still all going to be metabolized in the liver eventually, it just might go on a few trips around the body before it happens to pass through the liver (I believe the liver process 1/3 of the blood in your body on each trip or so). That being said a lot of people find absorption of codeine through the rectal walls is quick enough that it offsets the time spent having to travel around the body a few times when compared to oral administration which goes directly to the liver but has to pass through the esophagus and stomach first.

So to summarize rectal administration of codeine is a viable means and is often found to be similar to oral. So long as you aren't forced to expel the liquid slightly more volume is better than slightly less as well (minimizes loss in dried fecal matter).

I did it and it worked. Let me explain what I did and my tolerance.

So I crushed up pills equal to about 230mg of Codeine. I did a normal CWE. Through shirt then through 2 coffee filters. I placed the liquid in a Pyrex dish and put a fan heater on it to allow it to dry. I scraped the mixture out of the dish and put it in a shot glass. Mixed it with 10ml of water. I proceeded to plug 5ml. After there was allot of stuff on the bottom of the glass and figured it wasn't work plugging the rest so I disposed of it fearing that it was left over Ibuprofen. I'm not sure how much Codeine was actually administered but I can imagine it is was considerably less than 230mg.

I would say I have 0 Opiate tolerance. Ive never used strong opiates and never closer than a month apart. I didn't feel a strong opiate high but something was defiantly felt and more than I have felt off ingesting 400mg orally.

Hi tommy34,

A few things. First of all there is no need after the filtration to let the solution completely evaporate. You can just reduce it to a manageable amount and then plug that. No possible loss from scraping the bottom of an evaporation dish. Secondly doing a normal CWE is very fast, easy, and obviously saves a lot of lives. There are however improvements which can be made and the easiest one is to use heat.

If you use cold water for your initial dissolution, the insoluble APAP (note: same for ASA/Iibu) crystals have codeine trapped in them. When you then filter the solution to removes these APAP crystals the caught codeine goes with them. If you dissolve the initial pills in practically boiling water with intense stirring, you can perform a recrystallization where all (ideally) or at least most the APAP is dissolved to start and then precipitates back out during cooling. This allows all the codeine to dissolve when the APAP is dissolve, and due to different volume and substance ratios it will be less inclined to go back inside the APAP.

I find the heat helps improve yields by about a third or a fourth but it requires more time. Also filtering while hot (which some people are apt to do if they are impatient) results in dangerous amounts of APAP and lower amounts of codeine so this procedure isn't mentioned that often.

Let me go find a copy of a flow chart I made for filtering before injection which is the same concept.
(nsfw for size)
NSFW:
attachment.php

Wouldnt dissolving pills (codeine with APAP) in boiling water damage codein chemically that it could loose it potential use t get transformed t morphine by liver enzymes?

Codiene does NOT require First-Pass metabolism; neither does Tramadol

That is why IM Codiene is 1.5-2x as potent( or 50-75%) and IV 100mg Tramdol produces double it's primary Mu agonist metabolite, M1 (Dmt) on average compared to taking it by mouth, with a Tmax of, AFAIK 1.5-2hours IV and closer to 4 hours by mouth (2.5-3 hours average?)

So First Pass Metabolism is not needed for most standard hepatic Prodrugs, especially Opioids - Though ratios of various metabolites in comparison to the parent drug can vary, depending upon Roa, especially when multiple metabolites are produced, like with morphine for example, though it is metabolized via phase 2 metabolism - though it varies PO - rectal - IV or IM or SQ (That is, Parenteral Administration)

Anyway, just pointing that out - And please don't pull a Howard Hughes and start injecting Codiene into your muscles, and IV codiene is/can be lethal - and you would need S2 Pure Codiene - so stick with PO, although plugging is technically possible, uncertain of the results, and unlikely an improvement on simple PO administration
Maybe this helps or at least educate someone

It isn't exactly a new or hot thread 8)

Codeine does not get damaged by hot water unless you are boiling it for prolonged amounts of time (longer than several hours).