• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Cold Water Extraction (CWE) Mega Thread & FAQ v2.0

Captain.Heroin

Bluelight Crew
This is a thread for the collection of Cold Water Extraction techniques, and discussion on the viability and safety of these methods. We get a few threads on this process, so I figured it would be good to have a source for this information in the one place.

Cold Water Extraction FAQ – Mr Blonde

What is a Cold Water Extraction (CWE)?

In the context of this website, a Cold Water Extraction is a method used to separate compounds that are mixed together by using their difference of solubility in water. A Common example that this may be performed on is
Vicoden (hydrocodone, Acetaminophen).

Why do people perform a CWE?

Simple reason; they are taking large amounts of the medication in question for whatever reason to gain the effects/benefits of one active ingredient (e.g. hydrocodone), or taking this medication long-term in large amounts, however at the same time they are putting themselves at risk of physical harm through the ingestion of large amounts of the combo ingredient ,e.g. acetaminophen,. A cold water extraction is a simple way to separate the water soluble compound from the relatively non-water soluble compounds we do not want, e.g. hydrocodone will dissolve in room temperature water but acetaminophen won’t to the same extent, allowing us to easily separate them.

Is a CWE illegal?

In the case of hydrocodone or codeine containing preparations, in most jurisdictions this procedure is illegal. For example, in Australia codeine mixed with acetaminophen is either schedule II up to a 24-sized pack, schedule III for a 48-size pack or greater and schedule IV if the dose of codeine is 30mg. If the medication is codeine only, the schedule is VIII, the highest Rx schedule category in Australia. By performing a CWE, you are removing the combination ingredient and are left with mostly the codeine. This could then be considered a schedule VIII drug, and thus illegal to possess without a script.

So, why is discussion of this technique allowed?

Quite simple; a CWE is avoiding the harm that could come about were people to ingest large amounts of acetaminophen (APAP). Examples:

APAP: Overdose is associated with liver damage caused by the liver being unable to process the toxic metabolite of APAP, N-acetyl-p-benzo-quinone imine (NAPQI). When you ingest APAP, it normally gets converted to inactive metabolites with only a small amount becoming NAPQI. Usually this toxin is then conjugated by the liver tripeptide glutathione. When very large doses of APAP are taken, the liver is unable to process the amount of the drug and therefore more NAPQI is produced, and the liver is unable to conjugate it. This toxin causes liver failure. The antidote for NAPQI is acetylcysteine, however if you believe you have taken a toxic dose of APAP it is best to seek medical attention. A single dose of 10 grams or 200mg per kilogram of body mass can be toxic, and multiple smaller doses in a period of 24 hours can also be toxic. Using APAP in normal doses everyday has been shown to cause decreases in liver function tests of up to three fold.

Aspirin: Large doses or continuous use can cause gastrointestinal bleeding, ringing in the ears (tinnitus), nausea, vomiting, dizziness, hyperthermia, seizures, cerebral edema and comas. Most deaths from aspirin overdose are due to pulmonary edema. Aspirin can be toxic at 150mg/kg of body mass, and is considered lethal at above 500mg/kg. Although this sounds like a lot of aspirin, similar toxicity can occur with above-average-use spread out over a period of time. If you believe you may have overdosed, seek medical attention.

Ibuprofen: Overdose can cause nausea, stomach pains, dizziness, headaches, tinnitus and nystagmus (rapid eye-wobbles you may be familiar with if you have used MDMA), seizures, hypotension, tachycardia, hepatic and renal failure, cardiac arrest and death (though deaths from ibuprofen are relatively rare compared to APAP and aspirin). Toxic effects of this substance are considered to begin around 100mg/kg of body mass. If you believe you have overdosed on this substance, you should seek medical attention.

So, how do you perform a CWE?

There are a few different techniques used to perform a CWE; the aim of this thread is to collate them so that they aren’t all just floating around the place, and so that people can discuss their methods, viability, possible safety issues, etc.

Solubility in Room Temperature:

APAP: Roughly 1 gram per 100ml at room temperature; around 0.1-0.5 grams per 100ml if the temperature is lowered to around 22C.

Mr Blonde’s Basic CWE

1) Normally, I will grind these in a coffee grinder; most other codeine combo meds dissolve quite quickly by themselves and these I will just drop into a glass of cool water. I use 50mL for 24 tablets of 10mg codeine/500mg APAP, for preparations known to be more ‘sludgy’ (e.g. N+, certain codeine/APAP brands), I will use 75-100mL of water. I try to use only 150-200ml of water maximum.

2) Once the tablets are dissolved, I stir them and then place an old shirt in a cup as a filter. I wet the shirt prior to using as a filter.

3) Pour the solution through the filter, and wait until the stream of filtered solution slows to droplets. I then squeeze the shirt to get the most liquid out.

4) That’s it! Dispose of the liquid by drinking, and dispose of the filtrate in your bin. Some people do second washes on the filtrate left over, I however do not.

Erowid’s CWE Technique

The Procedure
1. Obtain a quantity of tablets containing codeine, check to see if they contain anything other than codeine, caffeine, acetaminophen. If they do, and you don't know whether or not it will be a problem, your best bet is not to use them. Measure out your desired amount of codeine (ex. 64 mg = 8 tablets * 8mg/tablet). You may want to add 2 extra tablets as it is quite likely you will lose some codeine in the procedure. As you get more experience with the procedure you will be able to get approx. 95% of the codeine extracted.

2. Measure out some nice hot water, use approx. 40ml / 20 tablets or more if needed. I would suggest you don't go over 50ml for 20 tablets. I don't know if the use of boiling water would destroy any of the codeine but your best bet is not to use it. Use hot water but not boiling. Make sure the tablets dissolve completely. Some dissolve on contact with water while others need some help dissolving by crushing them. Note : not all of the tablet will dissolve, there are water-insoluble fillers in the tablet and not all of the A/A will dissolve either(which is what we want).

[Most sources recommend that codeine not be stored at temperatures in excess of 40C (104F), so its probably better to use warm, but not hot, water. I find that it is best to crash the tablets completely in a container, and then dissolve them in a glass with water.]

3. Place the solution in a cold bath, I just use some ice cubes in a container of water. Stir the mixture occasionally until the solution drops to about 15C or lower. You won't need a thermometer to measure the temperature, just make sure it's "cold". This will take about 30 min. If you wish to speed this up, you can use less water to dissolve the tablets, and add ice chips to cool the mixture faster. Just make sure you don't add so much ice that you drastically increase the volume of the mixture.

4. Filter the solution using whatever you have. Coffee filters work well, but lab filters work the best. Just make sure you don't end up with obvious solids in the filtered solution. This will take about 1 hr. You may also want to rinse the solids left over in the filter with minimal ice-water to extract any remaining codeine.

5. Drink and enjoy! The solution will be _very_ bitter, so I mix a little Kool-aid powder into the solution. The taste isn't really bad but it's similar to sucking on a lemon.

[One gets used to the taste after a while.:)]

6. Sit back and wait for the effects. Because the codeine is already in solution it only needs to be absorbed, while codeine in the tablet form must dissolve before being absorbed. Because of this, the effects will probably become noticeable within 15min.

Note : I don't suggest you evaporate the mixture unless you are willing to wait a while. The Merck index warns that codeine is sensitive to heat and light. For that reason if you wish to evaporate the mixture, do it without heat, and shield the solution from light.

Can the solution be evaporated to be used for other purposes?

Yes, although the solution is going to contain some binders, fillers and some amount of the combo med we didn’t want. Hence, depending on the drug, the powder could be used for snorting, eating later or plugging, but would in no way be ideal for IV use. Most drugs that come in combo-med form are, as far as I know, not suited for smoking. To find out whether the drug you have separated can be used via a certain method of administration, use the search engine. ;)

Can every combo med be CWE’d?

No. Some combo meds also contain a third ingredient such as an anti-cholinergic. If this third ingredient is potentially dangerous and soluble in water, a CWE will not remove that risk.

Note that in some pills there is a binder named Titanium Dioxide that is used for making skim milk cloudy and milky white which could make your solution look unfiltered even if already has been rendered safer.

And that’s about it. Using this technique will help remove some of the dangers associated with overdoing a combo med, it’s simple to do and could save your health. If you have a technique you use or would like to discuss any aspects of the CWE, this is the thread to do it in.

Stay safe.

~---

Here's a peek at what the Aussie's are doing with their Codeine while you wait for V3.0

Codeine-amp-CWE-(aka-cdub)-Megathread-third-time-s-the-charm

Last edited by a moderator:
See thats the main concern and why I got paranoid over it is because I use a shirt and I know I am getting some through. Its not chunky but it is not clear... its like white clear. I took 2250mg (3 pills) then when I got home I cwe'd 8.... the water might, not sure, but might have been just a tad too warm, I mean like by a few degrees....

I also understand it will be a few days later... so it couldn't hurt to take the sam-e stuff then, but so then am I correct I guess in saying I should worry for any reason or do you think my cwe worked and ill be fine?

I got two different answers, but yes I am aware of the stuff that gets through in suspension thats one reason why i asked.

I figured in my solution though (and I'll consider the one reply of lowering the amount of water next time maybe) I took in no more or around 2 grams??? I mean that is a worst case scenario and stuff.

I just shouldn't take drugs cuz every indigestion or gas cramp i ever get in that area, you know what i think that is, or however i sit all hunched over like right now, or when i play xbox or something, i strain muscles, you know what I mean...
I just don't want to be a fool and trust a t shirt with my life... I never cwe'd that amound of apap thats all...

I'm 23, I have been doing drugs a while, and a lot of them just not as much recently so I lost my comfortability a little.
but for all of your replies, thank you they all were right. I just wanted to go to bed knowing I'm not gonna have to worry, and I don't plan on redosing at all till like 24 hours from the dosing time anyways...

But also someone could just ingest 7 grams or so of apap and be fine right? It's not that much in a way (I mean one time, and not intended most likely... hypothetically)

Last edited:
I can't offer you any more comfort than I already have. If you aren't happy with the purity a CWE can achieve then use a chemical extraction instead.

ok thanks thats good enough for me then, im stoned as hell i kinda rambled with dumb questions 10 min ago

im happy with it

You provided some very good information of CWE and since I've done it quite a bit myself I'll add some of my own tricks to this thread.

I would usually start with about 50 or so vicodins that are of the lower hydro:apap ratio that way they're much cheaper and easier to justify doing an extraction. These are typically the pills with 500/750mg tylenol as I would rather just eat the 10/325's instead. After I crush all the pills thoroughly which can easily be done with a mortar and pestle, I will add the powder to a medium sized container of warm water. After the solution is thoroughly mixed I allow it to cool and will then place the container in the refrigerator or ice bath. This will bring the water's solubility of tylenol even lower. Once the entire solution has been chilled, I take a large 2oz syringe and siphon the water off the top and place it into a large empty water bottle until I get about a few mm above the layer of tylenol at the bottom of the container that has fallen out of the solution. I then follow up by filtering the remaining solution through a cloth or similar material like stated above, followed with a second rinse to ensure all of the desired product has been passed through.

This simple tek works great for me, its as clean of acetaminophen as I can possibly get with such little effort and when you take a shot of it, will take effect within minutes. I know this method isn't very different at all except for the siphoning but in my opinion, this is what a CWE is all about. Its all about separating your product from the fillers and other added drugs that you don't want/need in your body, and you can achieve this my taking advantage of waters dynamic chemical solubility at various temperatures.

MonstaNoodle's CWE Technique:

1. Split Co-Codamol tablets into halves and grind them in a Weed grinder (I have a really effective one for this with the half-tablets fitting nicely into the "slots" between the "spikes").
2. Fill a glass measuring jug with ~50ml of tap cold water.
3. Add the now powdered tablets to the water and swish around.
4. Get two Coffee filters, dampen them (not too much or they tend to split) and place one wrapped around a pint glass, place the other sitting inside the first.
5. Pour the solution into the filters and leave it to... well... Filter.
6. When most of the Codeine/Water solution has filtered, carefully twist and wrap the top filter around, gently squeezing any excess water from it.
7. When most of the solution has left the filter, you can now squeeze harder to get every last drop out.
8. Drink the clear solution like a shot and chase it with some tasty fruit juice.

Done ;) I find no need to use warm water or for further cooling in the fridge. I've done this many times and my Liver is fine (blood tests have confirmed this).

I lowered my water amount to around 50ml instead of 100ml to make me feel a little better about the whole technique. I know I let some acetaminophen through however in suspension in the solution. I could probably fix that with a second extraction but I really don't feel that is necessary... it couldn't possivbly be that much apap maybe a couple hundred mg's at the most in my opinion.

I'm trusting the cwe (more myself, not the extraction I know its going to work if done correctly... it is science afterall and solubilities have been proven, those facts will never change, its human error that I fear) more now since I posted a couple days ago.

Havent been on here for a while, so sorry if this has already been covered.

Im in the UK and have noticed that it no longer seems possible to CWE DHC from Paramol tablets. The liquid is still crazily milky after two or three attempts so im surmising that some sort of anti abuse agaent has been added?

This has already been mentioned in other threads but the cross drug toleerance between dhc and codeine is striking, 400mg of codeine did absolutely nothing for me recently.

Im in the UK and have noticed that it no longer seems possible to CWE DHC from Paramol tablets. The liquid is still crazily milky after two or three attempts so im surmising that some sort of anti abuse agaent has been added?

This has already been mentioned in other threads but the cross drug toleerance between dhc and codeine is striking, 400mg of codeine did absolutely nothing for me recently.

The milky color could be from inactive ingredients in the tablet, though I'm also not sure why it's not filtering like it used to for you.

I don't live in the UK and have never tried DHC/paramol, so I am sorry I am not sure what else to say.

Paramol is perfectly safe to CWE. The milky colour comes from (I believe) something used to coat the tablets (Apparently it makes them smoother and easier to swallow). Personally i've done this extraction countless times with up to 3 packets of paramol with no ill effect, even though the solution was opaque white.
As long as there's what looks like the majority of APAP trapped in your filter, you should be safe. If you're worried to the point of having to know if your solution is safe for use you could always refirgerate your solution, quickly dry the substance left in the filter (microwave) and weigh it against the weight of your pills prior to the extraction. Subtract the amount of DHC in the solution (If significant) and work out how much APAP has theoretically gone into solution.

Paramol is perfectly safe to CWE. The milky colour comes from (I believe) something used to coat the tablets (Apparently it makes them smoother and easier to swallow). Personally i've done this extraction countless times with up to 3 packets of paramol with no ill effect, even though the solution was opaque white.
As long as there's what looks like the majority of APAP trapped in your filter, you should be safe. If you're worried to the point of having to know if your solution is safe for use you could always refirgerate your solution, quickly dry the substance left in the filter (microwave) and weigh it against the weight of your pills prior to the extraction. Subtract the amount of DHC in the solution (If significant) and work out how much APAP has theoretically gone into solution.

This is the reason for sure ;) It's the same with Nurofen+ actually.
I was worried at first as you were Green, but when I noticed that I could peel off a layer of said coating I realised what was going on n that there was nothing to worry about :)

First up many thanks 2 Captain Herion for a speedy sequel of this thread :)

My CWE yesterday was an interesting one, so much so i felt compelled to post it...
Smal background.. im real sik atm, had to go to ER yesterday morn, chest infection, sinus infection, trying to taper of benzos and cold turkey off a nasty antidepressant so symptoms relating to that also. I was looking fucked. They gave me a shot of NSAID of some kind and told me to go buy some nurofen:|

anyway OT: i went and got 30 Nurofen+ then 24 panadene extras.

Aimed at the 200mg mark as i not CWE in a while used the panadene extra.
heres where it got kinda intreesting.. used a kind of combo of all different methods posted.

So, Crushed tabs and soaked in cold water (2-3 degrees celcius) super cool water imo is a must. put in freezer till clear seperation had happened... Gently.. Real gently poured the top clear layer off straight into a coffee filter...
the sludge left over went into a seperate glass through 2 layers of singlet like material...

the difference between the two was astonishing to say the least... my top layer filtered thru crystal clear the shirt filtered sludge looked white as snow and there was still a good 20 mls of water (i put a lot of that down to binders as the temps @ which im disolveing although a little difficult practicaly impossible for that paracetamol to disolve)..

it was then i went well shit how much codeiene is gonna b in the clear solution? grabbed half a dozen N+ crushed cooled but a much more cloudy layer formed than the first go with the Paracetomol, threw it in with the mixture that was shirt filtering not wanting to fuck up my perfect clear first mix.

Once the shirt filter had done, the look of that mix was undesirable to say the least, so off it went thru the coffee filter... took a long long time, still looked pretty sus... Rang out the filter after about an hour of waiting impatiently, mix was still pretty whiteish... let setle in freezer for a further hour as ive noticed once before a mix like this sat overnight let all the white settle @ the bottom.. (by now im gettin pissed off) 3rd filter now again with filter paper, another hour goes by:X end product was still somewhat milky but when you put ur hands on the bottom of the glass you could see ur fingers:) Bingo...

not wanting to possibly contaminate my pure mix i didnt put both lots together, took the clear first... hit well within 5-10 mins then the milkier lot right after id felt the effects from the clear batch. after that all was ok.

but they are definitly improveing thier binders or whatever to make this shit harder to do. I've already had a meltdown in the process of doing this post.

today i got mostly N+ to go for im aiming for the 300 mg mark today, can really feel the decrease in teh benzos and this is my only help.

will repost results, yesterdays cloth is gonna be replaced with boxer short type saturn, not sure how much of a diff it will make, would be nice to speed up the process but i will plainly not use tap or room temp water for fear of fucking the mix, will however use a tiny bit more water as the N+ seems to be much much gluggier..

I'm hypothisizing that i got @ least 80% of the codeine in that super clear top layer filtration yesterday (been @ this activity for a while and used various methods)

im confident that the excess milky shit is all binder due to the temp of the water, but then left settle for 24 hrs it all falls to the bottom, unfortunatly i havnt got that much time. but dont want to waste any product or have too much unwanted product.
Anyone got any take on this?

But also someone could just ingest 7 grams or so of apap and be fine right? It's not that much in a way (I mean one time, and not intended most likely... hypothetically)

And someone could also play Russian roulette with 5 of 6 rounds loaded, and be fine right? I mean, just pull the trigger once; you know you're the one who always comes out smelling like a rose, right? so, it's not really gambling...

Before the next time you take anything with Acetominophen (Paracetamol outside North America) in it, PLEASE read the article at this link.

No matter who you are, or how much your time is worth, it is worth your time to read it.

Thank you,
justtesting

Here is my method:

CWE: Cold Water Extraction

Concept:

The purpose of a CWE is simple: to remove harmful substances, such as acetaminophen while preserving the opioid in your medication. The CWE process functions on the fact that opioids are highly soluble in water while acetaminophen is not very soluble in water, and the colder the water the less soluble acetaminophen will be. By mixing your substance with water, cooling the water, and filtering the solution, the majority of the acetaminophen will be removed and the majority of your opioid will remain in the water. This process is based solidly in the chemical qualities of these substances.

Supplies you will need:

Mortar and Pestle (for grinding)
Measuring cup with mL
Cooling glass (just a small glass to cool the liquid in)
2 Glasses (one for ice water, one to filter in to)
Spoon (or other stirring device)
Plastic Kitchen Funnel
Cone Coffee Filter
Ice
12” square piece of Muslin cloth (think tightly woven cotton, like a dress shirt)
Preferably an electric kitchen thermometer

Procedure:

1. Use the mortar and pestle to grind the tablets into a fine powder. No chunks should remain.

2. Pour this powder into your cooling glass. Use the mL measuring cup to measure out water for your extraction. I use approximately 50mL of water for 30 7.5/500 tablets and it works well. You can use more water, but remember – more water means more acetaminophen in your final product.

3. Take this cooling glass, and cool it down to 36-39 degrees Fahrenheit.

4. While the solution is cooling, prepare the rest of the extraction. Start by setting your plastic kitchen funnel into one of the glasses. Then, take one of your glasses, fill it with ice, and then with tapwater. Take one of the cone coffee filters, douse it in the icewater and then place it into the funnel apparatus.

5. Take your 12” square piece of muslin cloth, douse it in the cold water (squeeze it out moderately) and place it over the funnel and coffee filter in such a way as the water will filter through the muslin and then the coffee filter.

6. When your solution is cooled down to 36-39 degrees Fahrenheit, take it out and pour it into the filter apparatus. Use the spoon to scrape any leftover liquid/gunk in the bowl. Do not wash the bowl out, you will use it again.

7. This is the longest part, waiting for the solution to filter. Resist the urge to mess with it very much. When the filtration has slowed down a lot, you may take up the corners of the muslin cloth and squeeze the remaining liquid through into the coffee filter (squeeze very tightly, your active ingredient is in the liquid so you want to get it all out). DO NOT attempt to move or squeeze the coffee filter as this can cause the pressed seam to break and let APAP solution leak into your final product.

8. Inside the muslin cloth, there should be pressed white remnants of APAP left after you squeeze the liquid out. In order to get even more opioid out of this, you can repeat the above process, scraping these remnants off and dissolving them back into water, cooling it, and filtering it again (use a new coffee filter, but the same muslin for the second filtration, making sure that you keep it right side up.)

9. Done! Your final product should be low in APAP and high in the opioid using this method. The final product should look mostly clear, with a slight milky tone to it.

Things to keep in mind when doing a Cold Water Extraction:

• As far as terminology goes, the following terms all refer to the same substance: APAP, Tylenol, Acetaminophen, Paracetamol. This CWE is geared toward removal of acetaminophen, and it will not remove some substances such as caffeine. The CWE concept works with most all opiates/opioids including hydrocodone, oxycodone, codeine, propoxyphene, and tramadol.

• Your opioid is in the water, so the less water you lose during this process, the more efficient it will be in getting as much as possible in your final product.

• You want to use the least amount of water possible for an extraction, because even at low temperatures APAP will dissolve into water at the rate of 8mg/mL.

• It takes time!!! Its easy to get impatient with the filtration part, but its necessary to remove the harmful APAP from your solution. Be gentle with the coffee filters as they can be fragile.

• Never consume over 4000mg of APAP within 24hrs, this doesn’t mean that 4000mg is ok to take at once either, its meant to be spread out over 24hrs. I wouldn’t recommend going over 2000mg in one acute dosage. Never consume alcohol with APAP, even after a CWE because there will still be some APAP in your final product.

• I know this process seems long, but once you have done it a couple of times it will just come naturally. It is well worth the time spent doing it, and keep in mind that you can do more than one “batch” at a time and split up the final product into separate dosages.

What to do if you overdose on Acetaminophen/APAP/Paracetamol

The absolute best and safest thing to do is seek medical attention immediately. A hospital can give you an IV treatment of n-acetyl-cysteine which will stop the APAP overdose from causing more damage. Remember, APAP overdose causes liver failure and you may have NO symptoms of liver failure for 24-48 hours after the overdose. However, the overdose can only be treated within the first 24 hours. This means by the time you actually have symptoms, its TOO LATE so please be proactive in treating a suspected overdose.

If you absolutely refuse to go to the hospital, at least consider these two ‘at home’ options:

1.) Oral s-adenosyl-methionine is available at most local pharmacies in the supplement section, usually under the name SAMe. Acetaminophen overdoses have been treated by taking 2500mg of SAMe every four hours, until you’ve reached 10,000mg. For more information on this method, see this thread.

2.) Oral n-acetyl-cysteine is available in most local pharmacies in the supplement section, either under the name NAC or n-acetyl-cysteine. The oral dosing regiment for this supplement is much more complicated and is not well tolerated as it often causes nausea and vomiting. You should take a loading dose of 140mg/Kg of your body weight, and then 70mg/Kg every four hours for 17 hours. So if you weigh 80Kg, you should take an initial dose of 11,200mg followed by 5600mg every four hours for 17 total hours.

Last edited:
Boots brand can eat shit. How its not more widely mentioned i do not know some brands are totally bogus & fucked with so people cant CWE i'm sure of it!

What are people's opinion on using board shorts for filtering?

Also I tried extracting 105mg the other day and felt very little effects after consuming and my friend also said the same thing, we both have never had codeine before so it wouldn't be a tolerance issue. We did filter it through twice to be safe, is this okay to do? What would be a recommended dose for my next batch? is 200mg too risky?

Tried again with 13x Panadine Extra = 195mg of codiene. This time I squeezed the filter to make sure I got out all the liquid, this did make the substance a bit cloudier so I'm not sure if it's safe to squeeze?

Anyway still no sign of euphoria so I've come to conclusion codiene isn't really my thing, I might give heroin a go...jk

CWE on Mersyndol

I attempted a cwe for the 1st time today. I used 8 mersyndol tablets: each containing 325 mg acetaminophen, 8 mg codeine, and 5 mg doxylamine succinate.

I decided to go with mersyndol because it doesn't contain caffeine and it contains doxylamine succinate which potentiates codeine. I know I could've just eaten the 8 tablets without any ill effects but I wanted to try out the cwe process to see if I could do it correctly.

I also wasn't sure what a safe dose of doxylamine succinate would be. I read somewhere that adults can be prescribed up to 40 mg to take at once, so I guess using only 8 tablets was keeping things pretty safe.

The results weren't great. Any advice on how to improve would be appreciated.

I used a no. 2 cone shaped coffee filter. When I poured the cold water into the filter I could see the thick white stuff at the bottom of the original glass. I poured only the liquid into the filter and not the thick white stuff. I think this may have left some of the codeine and doxylamine succinate in the original glass.

The main problem I encountered was that some liquid remained in the filter and took way too long to filter through into the 2nd glass. After a while the liquid just came out in little drops. I decided fuckit, and just poured everything that was in the filter, into the 2nd glass (I obviously wouldn't have done this if I used a larger number of tablets). Would using a different type of filter fix this problem? What would be a better type of filter to use?

I should have ended up with a liquid containing around 60 mg codeine and 40 mg doxylamine succinate. I don't have much of a tolerance to opiates, and the few times I've experimented with codeine, I've been able to get an enjoyable buzz from just around 60-120mg. This time, I did feel a buzz, but it made me really tired, I guess due to the doxylamine. It definitely wasn't as enjoyable as my past codeine experiences, but still alright.

I have 12 tablets left and I may perform another cwe on them. Is it safe to take that much doxylamine succinate at once? What is a safe amount of doxylamine succinate to take at once?

Thanks

First up many thanks 2 Captain Herion for a speedy sequel of this thread :)

Thank you SMFG! This is definitely a great resource for Bluelight, and people should know how to optimally extract active ingredients out of pills/capsules. :)